• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2021 2:50 am
[OP]
Jan 18, 2015
22 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[The Bay] Kalorik Maxx Digital Air Fryer Oven with 9 accessories $139.99

Kalorik Maxx 25 L Digital Air Fryer Oven has 9 accessories version back @139.99 ( Reg. Price: $239.99)
Expiry date: DEC. 31/2020
Images
  • maxx.GIF
Last edited by Maxkuku on Jan 1st, 2021 9:04 am, edited 5 times in total.
98 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2006
1102 posts
547 upvotes
Recommend this device, works good, easy to clean.
Nov 25, 2014
17 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Got one from Walmart on black Friday and its great been using it daily.
Jun 23, 2014
34 posts
11 upvotes
East York, ON
If I already have a Ninja Foodi, is it worth getting this as well?
Apr 15, 2008
306 posts
189 upvotes
This or the insignia one on sale at Best Buy?
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2006
1102 posts
547 upvotes
cctw wrote: This or the insignia one on sale at Best Buy?
This is bigger, also this can go up to 500 degrees where as the insignia is limited to 425 (i believe)

it wont matter for most items, but if you wanted to cook a steak or get something browned quickly the higher temperature is desired.

But if you just plan to use it as a rare occasion for fries or whatever the insignia would be just fine.
Oct 6, 2010
259 posts
223 upvotes
Markham
bryceton wrote: This is bigger, also this can go up to 500 degrees where as the insignia is limited to 425 (i believe)

it wont matter for most items, but if you wanted to cook a steak or get something browned quickly the higher temperature is desired.

But if you just plan to use it as a rare occasion for fries or whatever the insignia would be just fine.
I actually liked the insignia more and returned this. When you pull things out to flip, itll drip on the counter.. did not like that.

To clarify, i like this model over the instapot lookalike.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/in ... y/13613463

But there are pros and cons for both.
Jul 27, 2016
196 posts
129 upvotes
victoria
Anyone know the size of the racks? trying to determine what size dish tray i can put in. 12wx10d???
[OP]
Jan 18, 2015
22 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto, ON
DominicL044247 wrote: Anyone know the size of the racks? trying to determine what size dish tray i can put in. 12wx10d???
It's 32cm x 30cm (W x D). I hope it helps.
May 1, 2004
756 posts
407 upvotes
Montreal
Don’t forget Rakuten and 7.5% cash back.
Sep 21, 2019
224 posts
451 upvotes
I have this and I like it. I'd recommend it but I'll include some stuff that may bother some people
If you're OCD the gap/how the doors dont sit perfectly symmetrical may drive you nuts, people complain about the gap letting out hot air, but that doesnt bother me because literally air fryers are full of fans trying to pull out moisture and dump air. Sometimes the door gets some condensation on it while cooking but again its meant to pull moisture from outerlayer of the food to make it crispy. And the french doors are nice but make sure they are fully open before reaching inside, they will try to close if you bump it.

Attached is some Kalbi I cooked in it
Images
  • 20201208_173834.jpg
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
1825 posts
610 upvotes
Toronto
Parents ordered one from Walmart online a couple months ago for $199. When unpacked, it looked very cheaply made (doors are very light and buttons have a very plasticky feel). It does look like it is made to last. They returned it immediately without even trying it. This is a good price though if you don’t mind the quality.
Celebrating 18+ years on RFD!
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2006
1102 posts
547 upvotes
photojunkie wrote: I actually liked the insignia more and returned this. When you pull things out to flip, itll drip on the counter.. did not like that.

To clarify, i like this model over the instapot lookalike.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/in ... y/13613463

But there are pros and cons for both.
Your right, however i mostly just use the included pan for everything, put parchment paper on it and take it out with an oven mit instead of the included tool to flip.

This way theres no mess and easy to clean up,

But yes if you use all the racks that come with it it will make a mess just put it near sink so when you pull it out you can flip at sink.
(or alternatively put sheet pan down first and then put the rack your using on top to flip, instructions recommend always using the sheet pan underneath the rack, when using racks in order to keep the unit clean anyways.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
2064 posts
1260 upvotes
Markham
Is this the same one was on sale at Walmart for cheaper?
-------
Thank you
Dec 25, 2013
420 posts
318 upvotes
Brampton
kunamvahees wrote: Is this the same one was on sale at Walmart for cheaper?
It was on sale at walmart for the exact same price, not cheaper.

Anyone know if theres a 10% coupon off at bay? could have sworn i remembered one
Dec 21, 2007
9 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Originally bought the 10 quart insignia from Best Buy but found it a bit small and had to rotate bottom shelf to top for an even cook. A Friend has the Kalorik, which is 26 quarts and can heat up to 500 F. He sears his stakes in the thing and they come out perfect. Doesn't use his regular oven anymore. Going to jump on this one from Bay and give insignia to my son.
Nov 29, 2010
164 posts
32 upvotes
I got this on Black friday! Absolute beauty! I use it everyday.
Sep 16, 2011
660 posts
1054 upvotes
LONDON
Doesn't thebay give $15 if you buy $100+ gift card? Also I recall they had a coupon for black-friday but I cannot find it. Rakuten now is %7.5

Technically I could buy the giftcards (not sure if there is cashback on them) then use them to purchase this one and try to claim the cashback.