• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2020 9:24 pm
[OP]
Nov 25, 2015
85 posts
337 upvotes
Madden, AB

[The Bay] KitchenAid 3- Piece pasta roller set $119.99

Bummed that my order got cancelled from BestBuy last time. Stumbled upon this and it’s the exact same deal if you sign up for their newsletter for an additional $10 off. Otherwise it’s $129.99.

Have fun making all types of noodles and pastas!
Last edited by KoukiMonster on Jul 3rd, 2020 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
72 replies
Mar 3, 2020
233 posts
437 upvotes
Picked one up!

Thanks for the link, missed the Amazon and BestBuy one, too. Glad I got my hands on one now to make some getti
Sep 24, 2018
153 posts
231 upvotes
Thanks op, I used code E37462M for 10 dollars off.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2299 posts
2652 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Finally about to use it for the first today with some home ramen.

Going to follow Alex, a youtuber's homemade ramen series

1)

2)
Jun 24, 2012
244 posts
162 upvotes
Hamilton
Cant add to bag at The Bay. Sold out already?
Feb 27, 2004
279 posts
219 upvotes
Is fresh pasta worth the effort over dry? Does it taste way better?
Mar 7, 2011
389 posts
336 upvotes
Ottawa
Gtabuddy wrote: Is fresh pasta worth the effort over dry? Does it taste way better?
1000%. I bought this on a whim from amazon a couple weeks ago when a sale came up (like so many other things I buy thanks to RFD) and my wife and I really enjoyed making pasta on two occasions since then. Created a great stay in date night and the noodles we put together were incredible. It does take some work, but the outcome is impressive. And I'm sure it will only get better as we explore our options.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2154 posts
1221 upvotes
Ottawa
Richhy wrote: Cant add to bag at The Bay. Sold out already?
wow that was quick.
Feb 2, 2006
565 posts
439 upvotes
Smokey6 wrote: It does take some work, but the outcome is impressive. And I'm sure it will only get better as we explore our options.
Are we still talking about the pasta maker?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3570 posts
1009 upvotes
Toronto
Honest Question - is making your own pasta worth it the time and effort, when I can get the dried ones at the store? I go to restaurants and can't tell the difference.
Mar 3, 2020
83 posts
25 upvotes
Sepharite wrote: Honest Question - is making your own pasta worth it the time and effort, when I can get the dried ones at the store? I go to restaurants and can't tell the difference.
If you can't tell the difference you are eating dried pasta at the restaurants. PM me and I can recommend a lot of fresh Pasta places in Toronto at different price points. This is about 10 minutes of effort and your mouth will be in heaven.
[OP]
Nov 25, 2015
85 posts
337 upvotes
Madden, AB
Difference is night and day. Fresh pasta/noodles are “bouncy”
Oct 5, 2005
235 posts
243 upvotes
Toronto
Can these units be disassembled for easy cleaning of the inside?
Sep 23, 2007
353 posts
562 upvotes
Toronto (Downtown)
Gtabuddy wrote: Is fresh pasta worth the effort over dry? Does it taste way better?
It really depends what you want. I love fresh pasta, and I like doing creative things with it (different shapes, windowpanes, thicknesses, widths, etc.) that you can't always find in dry form (or even readily available fresh forms), but if you're just a spaghetti and meatballs sort of person it probably isn't worth it. With a little practice you can have the dough ready in 15min then rest it for 30+min while prepping the rest of your dinner ingredients and having a glass of wine before dropping it to cook and realizing it only added maybe 15-20min to your total prep time anyways.

I only have the roller, and not the cutters, but it's super easy to lightly flour and gently fold the pasta over on itself and cut to any thickness with a sharp knife. The roller is also perfect for making crackers, if that's something you're into (or want to try).
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2003
6417 posts
215 upvotes
I recommend the Philips pasta maker instead.. way less hassle to use
Sep 14, 2015
155 posts
83 upvotes
100% agree with NineOne about the timing of making the pasta.

First time we made it, it wasn't very good because we let the pasta clump together but by the second time we had drastically improved and we were much faster at making it. Even eating it with a simple bolognese sauce was 10x better than store-bought noodles.

We always make a few servings and freeze the rest. It doesn't compromise the texture and taste very much and saves us even more time. Highly recommend getting this product!
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2299 posts
2652 upvotes
Toronto, ON
hollywood wrote: Can these units be disassembled for easy cleaning of the inside?
My unit said no water cleaning. They give you a flour brush to swoosh away all the flour dust.

Any decent pasta dough you make should not leave any dough clumps or residue in the pasta machine aside from the flour dust