[The Bay] L.L. Bean Men's Clearance 50% off

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2020 10:09 pm
[OP]
Nov 5, 2018
14 posts
38 upvotes

[The Bay] L.L. Bean Men's Clearance 50% off

Happened to notice this. Some good jackets/parkas -- 17 different items in all. Seems to be decent selection of sizes. L.L. Bean ain't cheap but worth a look at 50%. Maybe the Bay is getting out of it now that L.L. Bean is opening stores in Canada.

Also, extra 10% from Rakuten through the app but only until 3pm today.

Women's stuff as well: https://www.thebay.com/search/EndecaSea ... 4294947505
39 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2004
1188 posts
547 upvotes
Thanks OP got a Baxter parka for 239
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13464 posts
3718 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Did The Bay just put these on clearance today? These would be killer deals if stacked with their 25% off clearance promo on the weekend, plus Rakuten cashback!

I would be so choked if they had this sale on the weekend with the 25% off, and I missed it! Disappointed But Relieved Face
Last edited by Rogido on Feb 18th, 2020 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13464 posts
3718 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Does anyone know how good is LL Bean outerwear? Are they just rebranded something else?
Jun 27, 2006
24 posts
11 upvotes
Thanks OP. Giving the Mountain Classic Down jacket a try. $135 incl. tax (not counting 5% Rakuten).
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
3741 posts
3839 upvotes
GTA
Rogido wrote: Does anyone know how good is LL Bean outerwear? Are they just rebranded something else?
It's very good. It's not rebranded anything. They've been around since 1912. It's new in Canada, but it's very popular in the north-east United States where they were founded.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13464 posts
3718 upvotes
VANCOUVER
derass wrote: It's very good. It's not rebranded anything. They've been around since 1912. It's new in Canada, but it's very popular in the north-east United States where they were founded.
On par or better than Eddie Bauer?
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14179 posts
5380 upvotes
Ottawa
I have no idea of their sizing so taking a risk and ordering blind. I usually take a medium but some people complained about the sizing being tight in the chest so ordered a large. I don't feel like ordering 2 and returning 1.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
3741 posts
3839 upvotes
GTA
I'd say about the same, if not better.

Some things from LL Bean are still made in the USA, whereas everything from EB is made in China.

That being said, I do have a lot of stuff from EB because it fits me really well, and the quality has been good.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13464 posts
3718 upvotes
VANCOUVER
warpdrive wrote: I have no idea of their sizing so taking a risk and ordering blind. I usually take a medium but some people complained about the sizing being tight in the chest so ordered a large. I don't feel like ordering 2 and returning 1.
If you live close to a Bay store, that's the way to go though, or else you risk not getting one at all. Returns at the Bay are easy...no question asked.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
3741 posts
3839 upvotes
GTA
warpdrive wrote: I have no idea of their sizing so taking a risk and ordering blind. I usually take a medium but some people complained about the sizing being tight in the chest so ordered a large. I don't feel like ordering 2 and returning 1.
I tried a bunch of LL Bean jackets this season (Baxter, Maine Mountain, Mountain Classic) and I found that they all fit true-to-size, maybe a bit large. But they were all a bit short in the torso and sleeve for me. I'm a tall guy, and most of the time regular sizes are fine, but with those LL Bean jackets, I would've had to order a tall size to get the the right torso and sleeve length.
Last edited by derass on Feb 18th, 2020 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
30638 posts
1548 upvotes
Fernando Poo
derass wrote: I'd say about the same, if not better.

Some things from LL Bean are still made in the USA, whereas everything from EB is made in China.

That being said, I do have a lot of stuff from EB because it fits me really well, and the quality has been good.
Don't think that's true.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14179 posts
5380 upvotes
Ottawa
Rogido wrote: If you live close to a Bay store, that's the way to go though, or else you risk not getting one at all. Returns at the Bay are easy...no question asked.
Yeah, I know. I'm just lazy and would rather gamble that I chose the right size. I don't actually need a new jacket but I always wanted to try this particular LLBean jacket. I have had other LLBean stuff and they were good to excellent.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13464 posts
3718 upvotes
VANCOUVER
warpdrive wrote: Yeah, I know. I'm just lazy and would rather gamble that I chose the right size. I don't actually need a new jacket but I always wanted to try this particular LLBean jacket. I have had other LLBean stuff and they were good to excellent.
How have you found their sizing? Same experience as derass'?