[The Bay] L.L. Bean Men's Clearance 50% off

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2020 10:09 pm
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
13282 posts
4381 upvotes
Ottawa
Rogido wrote: How have you found their sizing? Same experience as derass'?
I have a light jacket and their boots (Made in USA) and the sizing was true to size at the time, bought from their US store. But people complained in a couple of reviews that their newer jacket fit narrower, so I decided to upsize because I'm usually on the brink of Medium-Large.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1662 posts
310 upvotes
I have a bunch of LL Bean shirts and coats. I find their coats to be very good quality and sized generously. Because they have Tall sizes they're my go-to store.

Read the reviews or chat with their customer service as they have many of the sizes in inches to compare.
Sep 21, 2011
6 posts
1 upvote
CALGARY
I went to the LL Bean store at the Bay downtown Calgary today. Harvey, the salesperson, treated me as like a friend. I usually wear medium (5'7" 160 lb), and he knew I wore their medium (true-to-size) right away. He introduced me to their lines of clothes, asked me what I would like to see, and helped me narrow down my search. I asked him about the brand history, what the popular items and colors were etc. I did not feel pressured to buy anything, and enjoyed my visit. At the end I did not buy anything. Reason: I loved my $50 Costco down jacket. No question LL Bean's quality was much better, and I felt the warmth as soon as I wore it, but I could not afford to pay 3 times more.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
1945 posts
690 upvotes
derass wrote: I tried a bunch of LL Bean jackets this season (Baxter, Maine Mountain, Mountain Classic) and I found that they all fit true-to-size, maybe a bit large. But they were all a bit short in the torso and sleeve for me. I'm a tall guy, and most of the time regular sizes are fine, but with those LL Bean jackets, I would've had to order a tall size to get the the right torso and sleeve length.
I found that EB is always too big for Asian.
Any man who tells you he enjoys a cold shower will lie about other things

Ronald Reagan
Feb 2, 2017
36 posts
39 upvotes
Rogido wrote: Did The Bay just put these on clearance today? These would be killer deals if stacked with their 25% off clearance promo on the weekend, plus Rakuten cashback!

I would be so choked if they had this sale on the weekend with the 25% off, and I missed it! Disappointed But Relieved Face
You didn't miss out. These were on sales a few weeks ago, then everything vanished from the website except for two items. Reappeared today. The Bay did their usual nonsense and removed them just before all the extra discounts on clearance started. Now that the discounts are over, items are back.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
12801 posts
3295 upvotes
VANCOUVER
allmywatches wrote: You didn't miss out. These were on sales a few weeks ago, then everything vanished from the website except for two items. Reappeared today. The Bay did their usual nonsense and removed them just before all the extra discounts on clearance started. Now that the discounts are over, items are back.
Oooh, I hate it when they do that! Astonished Face Should boycott buying them just to show them!
Sep 21, 2019
94 posts
243 upvotes
Be careful with their ultralight down jackets. The down tends to be unevenly distributed. I have a jacket where the entire left arm has at least half the down of the right arm. I didnt realize it until after I was outside of the return window and they scrapped their old amazing return policy
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
12801 posts
3295 upvotes
VANCOUVER
There's a "Buy More Save More" discount applicable on these now. Additional 15% if you bought 2 or less, Buy 3 - 25%. 4 or more - 35%.
Aug 4, 2004
425 posts
195 upvotes
I need to stop browsing RFD.... damage to the wallet again..

I did an order for 4 items.. and was going to change 1 of them after submitting it but the chat agent told me they couldn't modify the order but could cancel the one I don't want.. so the discount still apply for 35% off for the rest of the 3.. I did not mean to do the short cut as there was an item I wanted to put on the order..
Aug 4, 2004
425 posts
195 upvotes
Bbrown3979 wrote: Be careful with their ultralight down jackets. The down tends to be unevenly distributed. I have a jacket where the entire left arm has at least half the down of the right arm. I didnt realize it until after I was outside of the return window and they scrapped their old amazing return policy
https://www.llbean.ca/guarantee.html
should they still consider that if it is over a year but due to material or craftmanship?
Nov 13, 2018
192 posts
363 upvotes
I bought the Colourblock Anorak back in December at I think $60? I'm 5'11 155lb athletic build and small fits me well, although I do prefer a tighter fit.

I only wore it to try it on because it's still too cold, too bad as I could have saved a few bucks if I waited!
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
12801 posts
3295 upvotes
VANCOUVER
The only thing I wonder about this sale is whether the items can be returned or exchanged. It says "Buy More Save More Final Sale". With clothing, sizing is always a bit of hit and miss when ordering online. It would be painful if there are no returns or exchanges, even for store credit.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1957 posts
2170 upvotes
Canada
Rogido wrote: The only thing I wonder about this sale is whether the items can be returned or exchanged. It says "Buy More Save More Final Sale". With clothing, sizing is always a bit of hit and miss when ordering online. It would be painful if there are no returns or exchanges, even for store credit.
There is a note in the terms that it is Final Sale on all Clearance Purchases.
Mar 27, 2019
27 posts
14 upvotes
shoppingguy wrote: There is a note in the terms that it is Final Sale on all Clearance Purchases.
The note says :

Final Clearance
A small number of heavily discounted items may have moved to our final clearance category, in which case they are not eligible for a refund, exchange or store credit.

Is there a distinction to be made between "Final Clearance" and "Clearance" ?
Am I to expect "Final Clearance" explicitly written on the website?