[The Bay] L.L. Bean Men's Clearance 50% off

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2020 10:09 pm
Sep 21, 2019
85 posts
224 upvotes
NutellaBike wrote: The note says :

Final Clearance
A small number of heavily discounted items may have moved to our final clearance category, in which case they are not eligible for a refund, exchange or store credit.

Is there a distinction to be made between "Final Clearance" and "Clearance" ?
Am I to expect "Final Clearance" explicitly written on the website?
Item pages say "BUY MORE SAVE MORE FINAL SALE"
Sep 21, 2019
85 posts
224 upvotes
MikeBrewerWheelerDealer wrote: The LL Bean ultralight I just ordered says “Clearance” https://www.thebay.com/l-l-bean-ultrali ... 0091552196
I just took back a jacket Yesterday I bought on “Clearance” and they gave me a refund no questions asked.
It also says "BUY MORE SAVE MORE FINAL SALE" two lines under that

Also says it bottom line here https://image.s5a.com/is/image/TheBay/0 ... 90&fmt=jpg
Nov 28, 2011
909 posts
697 upvotes
Toronto
MikeBrewerWheelerDealer wrote: You’re missing the point... it says final SALE not final clearance.
If you’re all so worried about it why don’t you just call The Bay and ask them.
I think what Bbrown was trying to say is that it says "final sale"
As in "sale is final", AKA: no returns, no exchanges.

The Bay uses this terminology in their returns policy. After 30 days, jewellery and electronics become "final sale" (no more returns / exchanges)

You got fortunate with a sales associate that doesn't care. But The Bay can very easily refuse return based on the "final sale" note on the product page.
Sep 21, 2019
85 posts
224 upvotes
MikeBrewerWheelerDealer wrote: You’re missing the point... it says final SALE not final clearance.
If you’re all so worried about it why don’t you just call The Bay and ask them.
https://image.s5a.com/is/image/TheBay/0 ... 90&fmt=jpg

Now it literally says "final sale on clearance purchases" with the current promo. Final sale means no returns. Very clear. Semantics of it not explicitly saying "final clearance" dont mean much when it is so clearly stated. If you bought it without the extra 15/25/35 then it should be fine
Apr 16, 2015
842 posts
485 upvotes
I apologize.
I Just called The Bay customer service and they confirmed that you cannot return any items ordered through the sale.
I got them to cancel my order.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10467 posts
3000 upvotes
Got the extra 35% off - awesome!
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
12796 posts
3288 upvotes
VANCOUVER
If anyone is interested in trying on for size, The Bay at Richmond Centre has a limited selection styles of both men's and women's LL Bean jackets and vests. From what I can see, no small size for men's Quite a few L and XL in the hooded 850 Down jacket for men.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
12796 posts
3288 upvotes
VANCOUVER
MikeBrewerWheelerDealer wrote: I apologize.
I Just called The Bay customer service and they confirmed that you cannot return any items ordered through the sale.
I got them to cancel my order.
Yup, I asked at the store. No return/exchange/store credit. That said, the guy at the shoe department quietly said he would do an exchange for size, so I think, depending on the sales rep, there is some wiggle room for exchanges. But absolutely no returns.
Jan 19, 2011
940 posts
484 upvotes
Montreal
Rogido wrote: If anyone is interested in trying on for size, The Bay at Richmond Centre has a limited selection styles of both men's and women's LL Bean jackets and vests. From what I can see, no small size for men's Quite a few L and XL in the hooded 850 Down jacket for men.
These looked like a pretty good deal to me too. Too bad I bought a few jackets already this winter... Tempting.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2089 posts
1621 upvotes
Vancouver
My wife got me the LL Bean boots for christmas this year, holy shit they are amazing.

I have sludged through snow and 3-4" deep pools of water/mud/much, no leaking at all.

Beyond that, I have heard nothing but good things about the quality and their warranty - people coming back 3-5 years later with something that failed them and LL Bean happily exchanging or refunding.

PS. I found the boots to be a full size bigger than my nike shoes, maybe even 1.5. So for example a 12 or 12.5 in nike would be 11 in the boots - and you still might need bigger insoles!