Expired Hot Deals

[The Bay] Lenox Abilene 112-Piece Stainless Steel Flatware Set Price reduced from $710 to $141.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2020 12:39 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
3403 posts
6288 upvotes
Laval

[The Bay] Lenox Abilene 112-Piece Stainless Steel Flatware Set Price reduced from $710 to $141.99

ImageImageImage


Lenox
Abilene 112-Piece Stainless Steel Flatware Set
Price reduced from $710 to $141.99

https://www.thebay.com/product/lenox-ab ... 77021.html

It's all the flatware you'll ever need. This remarkably large set features flatware with grooved handles and scalloped edges for a contemporary look that complements casual and formal dinnerware. Made of high-quality 18/10 stainless steel to resist stains and stay bright. 18/10 stainless steel. Dishwasher safe. Imported.
112-PIECE SET INCLUDES

12 tea spoons
12 place spoons
12 place knives
12 place forks
12 salad forks
12 steak knives
12 sporks
12 iced beverage spoons
12 round bowl sup spoons
One serving fork
One serving spoon
One pierced serving spoon
One gravy ladle

Style Code: 0600090577021
12 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
8320 posts
4264 upvotes
Who pays $700 for forks and spoons? I am just a commoner.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 23, 2017
2773 posts
5481 upvotes
choclover wrote: Who pays $700 for forks and spoons? I am just a commoner.
IMO a flatware set can make a meal better or worse. If you value something like how a spoon feels in your mouth and how the handle of a knife feels in your hand, its totally worth it to spend a bit more.
As with everything, you do get diminishing returns on this. I have relatives that spend big money on flatware sets that suck because the sets are trying so hard to be different.

My wife, who certainly does not place the same value on stuff like this as I do, bought some cheap Ikea flatware for our condo. Every time I put those spoons in my mouth I get sad, it really interferes with my enjoyment of the meal.
Newbie
Aug 2, 2015
88 posts
64 upvotes
Westmount, QC
choclover wrote: Who pays $700 for forks and spoons? I am just a commoner.
Oh come on...there's being humble and there's being ridiculous. I guess you can go back to eating with your hands then and hoping we feel sorry for you SMH.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8700 posts
5086 upvotes
ON
kopokipi wrote: Is it me or its ugly.
Ugly as sin...I have no words for the the original price, well I do but they're not appropriate.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8700 posts
5086 upvotes
ON
kimwoobingsu wrote: IMO a flatware set can make a meal better or worse. If you value something like how a spoon feels in your mouth and how the handle of a knife feels in your hand, its totally worth it to spend a bit more.
As with everything, you do get diminishing returns on this. I have relatives that spend big money on flatware sets that suck because the sets are trying so hard to be different.

My wife, who certainly does not place the same value on stuff like this as I do, bought some cheap Ikea flatware for our condo. Every time I put those spoons in my mouth I get sad, it really interferes with my enjoyment of the meal.
You must be eating some seriously underwhelming food to be affected so much by what you use to get it from the plate to your mouth...my condolences.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 23, 2017
2773 posts
5481 upvotes
dilligafeh wrote: You must be eating some seriously underwhelming food to be affected so much by what you use to get it from the plate to your mouth...my condolences.
Best example I can give for how cutlery can make a big difference is chopsticks. Lot of people who use them regularly will have a preference in style.

Korean chopsticks (the flat ones) suck IMO and are objectively harder to eat with. I personally also dislike those plastic squareish Vietnamese ones.

I am pretty sure if you have eaten at Asian restaurant with chopsticks you will at least have a preference and have possibly noticed how the design of the chopsticks impacts your enjoyment of the meal.

If nobody cared about these things everyone would likely be using the cheapest ones they could find.
Banned
Dec 15, 2020
1 posts
I have this set and it is high quality. Well worth the money. - and as they say "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". I happen to think they look quite elegant.

Top