• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2019 8:58 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2009
1042 posts
215 upvotes

[The Bay] Michael Kors suit clearance $216.75 update

Was in The Bay yesterday shopping for a navy suit for an upcoming wedding and settled on this Michael Michael Kors jacket with matching pants for $327.99 tx incl using VIP code. They didn't have my size so I ordered online, but this morning it went on clearance and The Bay price adjusted to $230 using code FALL25. There are other brands on clearance as well.

I recognize that this is not a $700 suit, and no one in his right mind would pay full price. And it may not be for someone who wears a suit everyday, but for occasional wear at $230 I'm happy. It seems decently made, fits really well, and the colour and pattern are stylish and not overstated. I'm sure in the GTA there are other places to shop for reasonably-priced decent suits, but I'm in Edmonton and don't have the same choices.
Last edited by Philbert on Sep 13th, 2019 11:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
53 replies
Feb 14, 2009
23 posts
8 upvotes
Montreal
Seems to have dropped again. $170. Add $5 filler and save $25.
Jul 7, 2005
139 posts
34 upvotes
Thornhill
Sorry for O/T, am I the only one who read the topic as "Michael Bay suit cleareance"? :D
May 2, 2019
89 posts
376 upvotes
Canada
9KRPM wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 7:54 pm
Seems to have dropped again. $170. Add $5 filler and save $25.
That’s just for the suit jacket right? Total with pants adds up to $230 after FALL25 promo code
Temporel wrote:
Jun 16th, 2019 1:16 pm
Just think how addictive this site is, how many times a day you check RFD and for how many years you've been doing that.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2009
1042 posts
215 upvotes
NoCountry4RFDer wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 8:35 pm
Didn't VIP code expire yesterday?
Yes. The clearance price and code FALL25 is less expensive than the 30% off plus VIP code yesterday.
Aug 23, 2019
511 posts
244 upvotes
Philbert wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 3:50 pm
Was in The Bay yesterday shopping for a navy suit for an upcoming wedding and settled on this Michael Michael Kors jacket with matching pants for $327.99 tx incl using VIP code. They didn't have my size so I ordered online, but this morning it went on clearance and The Bay price adjusted to $230 using code FALL25. There are other brands on clearance as well.

I recognize that this is not a $700 suit, and no one in his right mind would pay full price. And it may not be for someone who wears a suit everyday, but for occasional wear at $230 I'm happy. It seems decently made, fits really well, and the colour and pattern are stylish and not overstated. I'm sure in the GTA there are other places to shop for reasonably-priced decent suits, but I'm in Edmonton and don't have the same choices.
michael kor suits are good suits.
Feb 23, 2014
792 posts
308 upvotes
Philbert wrote:

After a 5 second google, check out Eddie's. They have a 4.9 rating on google and carry Samuelsohn. That's a good starter suit.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2009
1042 posts
215 upvotes
paul29m wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 9:47 pm

After a 5 second google, check out Eddie's. They have a 4.9 rating on google and carry Samuelsohn. That's a good starter suit.
A Samuelsohn suit from Eddie’s is $1000. I’d like to buy such a suit but I wouldn’t wear it enough to justify the cost. Val Berg’s is another good Edmonton store where I pick up decent casual wear for work but I cannot afford their suits.
Aug 31, 2015
424 posts
87 upvotes
Concord, ON
Edit: nvm, loads now....weird
Last edited by LeafsFan30 on Sep 10th, 2019 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Feb 18, 2019
48 posts
45 upvotes
That's is a good price. No 38 Short though sadly...
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
3002 posts
362 upvotes
Philbert wrote:

Thanks for the post. The jacket is 100% wool, but the pants you linked to as being the matching ones are not. Are you sure those are the correct pants?