Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Bay

Michael Kors suit clearance $216.75 update

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2019 8:58 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2007
1516 posts
309 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered. Thanks OP! Will return if I don't like it or it doesn't fit properly.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2415 posts
1190 upvotes
Vancouver
They are extremely good
Thanks more to wear
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2009
1325 posts
510 upvotes
The price on the Kors suit dropped again today using the code GIVING. I just phoned and had the price adjusted (for the second time) to $216.75.
Feb 3, 2013
466 posts
435 upvotes
Victoria
Ordered the suit yesterday.Tried to stack the codes but only took the GIVING code. Still $228 and change all-in is a great price. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2009
1195 posts
438 upvotes
Vancouver
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Nothing they sell in the Bay is the real thing.
It is crap branded with different logos.
This isn't true at all.

Some of the brands do specifically make lower end products for department stores. For example, Huge Boss has their "Hugo" line in the Bay. However, it's not as though the Bay is having garbage specifically made for them. And anyone paying $500 for a Hugo suit, instead of the $1500 for the higher end Hugo Boss line should know the deal.

In this case, Michael Kors is not known for high end clothing. They make handbags. This stuff is the real deal. The real deal just isn't that nice to begin with. These kinds of suits can be found on clearance constantly. Macy's has them even cheaper.
Dec 14, 2016
193 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto
mc_molineux wrote: Thanks for the post. The jacket is 100% wool, but the pants you linked to as being the matching ones are not. Are you sure those are the correct pants?
Just received mine, looks like it’s only 70% wool and 30% polyester.
Deal Guru
Sep 14, 2003
11102 posts
1342 upvotes
Georgetown
Just to reiterate what I've put on threads like this before:

Only take this deal if you're an infrequent suit wearer. Weddings, funerals, interviews, etc. suits like these are fine as long as you get them properly tailored.

For people who wear suits day to day like myself, this is a bad value. Trust me - I'm cheap. These suits wear out quickly, and don't have the same value as a quality suit that doesn't cost an order of magnitude more, like Spier & Mackay (where I buy all my suits).
4chan melts your brain.
Feb 6, 2017
295 posts
625 upvotes
Nice, got the sport coat after using 'giving' code for $144, thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2009
1325 posts
510 upvotes
My suit arrived today. A few points:
  • I don't believe anyone considering this suit is looking for everyday wear. It is decently made and looks good, but it is a 4-5 times a year suit. Yes, you can get better for more $$. I buy Le Creuset casserole pots because I cook a lot and nothing makes a better stew, but I use a $15 RCSS coffeepot because I make coffee twice a month and don't care.
    • The jacket is not 100% wool as per the description. The label says 70% wool/30% polyester, like the pants.
    • It has a Bay tag, as well as a Kors tag, so it must be made for the Bay.
    • It is not a heavy suit.
    • I'm 6'0, with wide shoulders and longish arms. The 46 reg fits great--snug without being tight.
    • The pants are 38/32, but fit like a 36/32, my normal size. I knew to order this because I tried on same style in store.
    • Its pattern is faint, so you could get away with a patterned shirt.
    • The jacket is shortish. I deliberately picked this style because it looks better on me.
    For $212 (for me $135 as I had a gift card) I'm pleased. I hate suits and ties, and chose a profession where I don't have to wear them. But I also don't want to look like a bum at the wedding, and this fits the bill.
Oct 5, 2016
249 posts
131 upvotes
Hello,
I was followimg this thread and noticed that this DKNY suit seprate was also on sale for cheaper than the Michael Kors one. It was also in store as well. It states that it is wool. Not sure if its a blend or not.

https://www.thebay.com/dkny-slim-fit-wo ... 0090836437

https://www.thebay.com/dkny-regular-fit ... 0090836403

Both come up to 170 plus tax. Plus if you can get it over 175 you can use code fall25 and save $25. Limited sizes now. Enjoy.
Oct 28, 2012
419 posts
159 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Philbert wrote: My suit arrived today. A few points:
  • I don't believe anyone considering this suit is looking for everyday wear. It is decently made and looks good, but it is a 4-5 times a year suit. Yes, you can get better for more $$. I buy Le Creuset casserole pots because I cook a lot and nothing makes a better stew, but I use a $15 RCSS coffeepot because I make coffee twice a month and don't care.
    • The jacket is not 100% wool as per the description. The label says 70% wool/30% polyester, like the pants.
    • It has a Bay tag, as well as a Kors tag, so it must be made for the Bay.
    • It is not a heavy suit.
    • I'm 6'0, with wide shoulders and longish arms. The 46 reg fits great--snug without being tight.
    • The pants are 38/32, but fit like a 36/32, my normal size. I knew to order this because I tried on same style in store.
    • Its pattern is faint, so you could get away with a patterned shirt.
    • The jacket is shortish. I deliberately picked this style because it looks better on me.
    For $212 (for me $135 as I had a gift card) I'm pleased. I hate suits and ties, and chose a profession where I don't have to wear them. But I also don't want to look like a bum at the wedding, and this fits the bill.
Translation: Trash
Nothing polyester touches these sweet cheeks
Mar 24, 2015
433 posts
305 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
taskmasta wrote: Translation: Trash
Nothing polyester touches these sweet cheeks

All joking aside, this.

Unless your name is Leisure Suit Larry, you shouldn't buy suits with any polyester in them. I'd buy shirts or ties with 30% polyester, but nobody is touching those.
Deal Guru
Sep 14, 2003
11102 posts
1342 upvotes
Georgetown
markust5775 wrote: All joking aside, this.

Unless your name is Leisure Suit Larry, you shouldn't buy suits with any polyester in them. I'd buy shirts or ties with 30% polyester, but nobody is touching those.
All joking aside, a little bit of polyester in a suit isn't going to kill you. For this money, what do you expect?
4chan melts your brain.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2019
1332 posts
971 upvotes
I like that you can mix and match jacket and pant sizes.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12734 posts
6256 upvotes
Need a linen suit for wedding out of the country, any recommendations. Most likely a one time wear so don't want to spend over $200..
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2009
1325 posts
510 upvotes
I received the email targeted code SAVE50 if anyone wants the suit for $201, or anything else at the Bay for over $200.

I don't overly care that it has 30% polyester, but I don't like that it says 100% wool in description.
Mar 24, 2015
433 posts
305 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
danfromwaterloo wrote: All joking aside, a little bit of polyester in a suit isn't going to kill you. For this money, what do you expect?
Description originally said 100% wool...so for the money, I was expecting 100% wool.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)