• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2020 1:21 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2006
1274 posts
366 upvotes

[The Bay] ~~ONE DAY~~ $149.99 Pacific Coast Premium Duck Down Duvet, Reg $500

Hot deal on a good brand. Also Pillows, bedding and bath 60% off.

Nobody knows what will happen in this crazy world but you might as face it while in luxury Gem StoneRingWine Glass🥂

Edit 1: You can use the code HBVIP for 25% off but it doesn't work on the items that are listed as 1 day sale but it does work on sale items.

Edit: You will need to buy a Duvet cover separately that you take off and wash once a month. This isn't meant to be used alone.

https://www.thebay.com/c/custom/email-e ... OME_DUVETS
Last edited by superbundance on Nov 5th, 2020 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
65 replies
Apr 10, 2015
147 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Any good sheets recommendations?

Just browsed through the sheets, the shitty ones are heavily discounted, good ones doesn't even get 10%.
Last edited by FrostyDay on Nov 5th, 2020 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 23, 2005
493 posts
54 upvotes
Vancouver
Don't forget 5% cashback from a certain site

Can the duvet experts chime in? Is this any good? Been considering picking one up from Costco.. the one I bought there 10 years ago lasted about 9 years :)

Here's a thread from earlier this year where people end up discussing various duvets from the bay.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
2575 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like a good deal but ugh.. dry clean only
Jan 31, 2018
574 posts
585 upvotes
Lots of great reviews for the actual product. But Costco USA has the same brand with apparently same or better specs for $95 - $120 USD, albeit many sizes currently OOS.
Same brand, same duck down, 500 thread count (Costco) vs 300 thread count (Bay). 600 fill (Costco) vs 550 fill (Bay).

I'm not a duvet expert but it appears that the regular Bay price is super-inflated.
Last edited by ElroyJetson on Nov 5th, 2020 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 25, 2017
163 posts
239 upvotes
GTA
ElroyJetson wrote: Lots of great reviews for the actual product. But Costco has the same brand with apparently same or better specs for $95 - $120, albeit many sizes currently OOS.
Same brand, same duck down, 500 thread count (Costco) vs 300 thread count (Bay). 600 fill (Costco) vs 550 fill (Bay).

Also most of the duck down duvets on the Pacific Coast website have regular prices in the $150 - $350 range.
I'm not a duvet expert but it appears that the regular Bay price is super-inflated.
I think you’re referring to the US Costco? I can’t find the duvet on the Canadian site
Jan 31, 2018
574 posts
585 upvotes
Good catch. I was on the US Costco site by mistake.
Feb 27, 2004
273 posts
212 upvotes
I’m looking for a really good down pillow, like the ones they have in hotels. Anyone have any recommendations?
Jan 31, 2018
574 posts
585 upvotes
The luxury pillows found in 5-star hotels are expensive. Macy's sells great pillows and will ship to Canada but the prices are painful, something like $350 Cdn each. More affordable luxury pillows can be found on Amazon.ca.

No direct experience with the Amazon ones but most buyers give them 5-star reviews and they are two thirds less than the Macy ones, about $110 Cdn. Both with 500 thread count & 700+ goose fill. Just look at the Amazon reviews if you don't want to spend that much.
Sep 7, 2017
672 posts
549 upvotes
There seems to be an emphasis on thread count. You have to understand how that is achieved to identify that as a feature. High quality would be a single weave with a long staple cotton to achieve let’s say 300 or 400 or higher thread count. Low quality would be cheaper cotton in multiple layers to spec 400 or higher thread count.

I personally don’t like the multiple layers to achieve higher thread count. Thicker, sleeps hotter and I find it doesn’t breath or wear well over time with washing. Just throwing it out there as even this spec has become marketing versus quality production.

I have a pacific coast white good down duvet in the guest bedroom from a few years ago. It is single weave 300 thread count. It’s amazing quality for the price. Any guest I have had rave about it.

Can’t comment on The Bay stuff. Just pointing out some info on the details.
Aug 10, 2013
470 posts
208 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks for sharing your view.
I will think TWICE.
Thanks OP anyway!
Jul 30, 2003
985 posts
291 upvotes
I recently bought the Costco duvet + their Kirkland Signature 680 Thread Count pima Cotton Sheet Set and it's an amazing combo.
Mar 7, 2018
126 posts
171 upvotes
Bed
Pacific Coast is good brand when I found them few years ago while looking for the pillow brand that I spent a night in Marriott China, at that time PC wasn't selling in Canada, got one from their US site for $99 but it wasn't good as i expect. I think they have a special product line for luxury hotel.

I personally love casper the most.
I never downvote.

Thanks OP, grab 10
May 30, 2016
118 posts
50 upvotes
Are their hotel collection egyptian cotton sheets any good?
Jun 29, 2009
27 posts
12 upvotes
CANADA
I’ve had a few of these duvets but my favorite is a wool Daniadown that is a 4 season- 2 duvets that snap together.

Great quality Canadian made down pillows at Costco.ca. Also try Costco for their flannel sheets-look for Made in Portugal. Percale sheets should be 200 count or higher also at Costco.
Feb 10, 2018
62 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
The Bay tends to inflate the regular prices on some of their items (luxury especially). Anyone know how much this specific comforter retails for at other places? On the pacific coast website, their comforters of this quality 300-count, 550 fill white duck down shows prices in the $300 range.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11825 posts
1654 upvotes
I'm interested in the hotel collection primaloft down alternative. Anyone know about this if it's any good? Not much review on the bay but lots of positive ones at Macy's
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
3008 posts
1021 upvotes
Toronto
Could someone tell me why thread count matters for a duvet? Don’t we end up stuffing it in a duvet cover anyway?
Nov 4, 2020
1 posts
Long-time lurker & first time reply. Searched a couple yrs. ago for down pillow...At that time, the best I found for the price was Canadian Down & Feather Company Hutterite White Goose Down Pillow. It is very high quality and exactly what I wanted. The Shopping Channel had them on sale at that time, so the price was really good. Also, this company says they use humane practices for gathering the down (as opposed to Amazon, where you don't really know where the down comes from.) Hope this is helpful.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
3689 posts
736 upvotes
Miguel wrote: I recently bought the Costco duvet + their Kirkland Signature 680 Thread Count pima Cotton Sheet Set and it's an amazing combo.
I found the sheets in white weren't really white. They were like 3,000 kelvin white so a bit yellow.