Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Bay

Philips 4300 super automatic espresso machine with classic milk frother 25% off

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2022 11:54 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
2972 posts
867 upvotes
mcgronow wrote: Not sure, but you could get an Aerocinno or a separate milk frother if you don’t like the wand
We have a super automatic with a wand and never use it as we stick to americanos/expressos for the most part. So we purchased a separate purpose-built frother (Secura through amazon), and have to say its amazing. We always get compliments when guests ask for a latte, etc., and it is super easy to clean. So I would recommend a separate frother to anyone interested.
[OP]
Jan 14, 2007
16 posts
30 upvotes
JustinCredible222 wrote: Not sure if sarcastic or not. If you're being genuine, I suggest doing a double shot of espresso on ice, and adding cold water (Or cold Milk if you prefer milk drinks). Technically an iced americano, but so good.
Definitely genuine. I was sold on the 3200 for that option but I couldnt pass this up. i thought iced coffee was brewed at cooler temperatures and came out lighter
Oct 23, 2013
249 posts
543 upvotes
Toronto
Tempted to order this at this price point but been waiting for a deal on a Miele super automatic!
Feb 15, 2009
55 posts
183 upvotes
London
Great machine. I have the cheaper version 1200 from Costco with steam wand. Going strong for 2 years. Very little maintenance and easy to clean.
Jan 12, 2017
148 posts
159 upvotes
vancouver
I have this from the amazon deal last month for 807. Use it every day. We couldn't care less about the lattego because we drink it black and ice 99 percent of the time.
May 10, 2015
86 posts
143 upvotes
wontonD wrote: Definitely genuine. I was sold on the 3200 for that option but I couldnt pass this up. i thought iced coffee was brewed at cooler temperatures and came out lighter
Fair enough. Cold brew is brewed at cold temperatures, long brew times, and large grind size for a more mellow flavour. This is basically putting cold water and ground coffee in a container/jar, and letting it sit for a while (overnight/24 hours)
All the Phillips machines (or any espresso machine for that matter) brew based on high temperature / high pressure / fine grind size. DIfferent flavor profile in general.
Iced coffee is typically just coffee brewed over ice / with ice added. You could do something like this, to do an iced pour over which would give a more mellow overall iced coffee if you were so included. but you would then need to purchase a grinder separately (or buy pre-ground coffee)

https://www.amazon.ca/Hario-Coffee-Drip ... 2910&psc=1
[OP]
Jan 14, 2007
16 posts
30 upvotes
JustinCredible222 wrote: Fair enough. Cold brew is brewed at cold temperatures, long brew times, and large grind size for a more mellow flavour. This is basically putting cold water and ground coffee in a container/jar, and letting it sit for a while (overnight/24 hours)
All the Phillips machines (or any espresso machine for that matter) brew based on high temperature / high pressure / fine grind size. DIfferent flavor profile in general.
Iced coffee is typically just coffee brewed over ice / with ice added. You could do something like this, to do an iced pour over which would give a more mellow overall iced coffee if you were so included. but you would then need to purchase a grinder separately (or buy pre-ground coffee)

yah i already have a pour over setup. i can do it that way... but I'm so very lazy... just wanted something easier. I'll give the double expresso or ristretto a shot though.

Thanks!
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10819 posts
2533 upvotes
just bought 4300 with lattago. machine gets better within a week, puck is forming finally and best coffee ive ever had. (not saying much as i'm normally a kcup/starbucks drinker)

so far we had around 50 drinks between 2 of us, i think we'd break even within a year easily.

I love lattego, sure it doesn't do fancy art, but it's simple press and go and cleaning is so easy.
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10819 posts
2533 upvotes
vr_nguyen wrote: What beans are everyone using for this? I'm using the lavazza super creme but unsure whether these beans will damage the machine.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B000SDKDM ... asin_title
yep, that's one of the better ones. currently on special at costco for 20 dollars 1kg. it's designed for espresso machine. if you aren't sure, just rub it against your hand and see how much oil is on it
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
3667 posts
1577 upvotes
Apparently, the iced coffee feature on the 3200 brews at a lowered temp and with a slower flow rate. Don't have this model just what I read...
JustinCredible222 wrote: Fair enough. Cold brew is brewed at cold temperatures, long brew times, and large grind size for a more mellow flavour. This is basically putting cold water and ground coffee in a container/jar, and letting it sit for a while (overnight/24 hours)

Apr 15, 2012
392 posts
648 upvotes
I have a Philips 1200 and ice coffee is amazing with it. I do a double espresso (max strength, medium volume). 6 ice cubes and some milk and sugar
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
2616 posts
3626 upvotes
St Clements, MB
This clearance item is sold out.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2497 posts
523 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Does the manufacturer set up the grinder at 12 out of box? Thanks.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)