Hot Deals

[The Bay] Seiko 5 Sport Automatic (successor to SKX) - $239 (after coupon code)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2020 10:41 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2491 posts
532 upvotes
GTA

[The Bay] Seiko 5 Sport Automatic (successor to SKX) - $239 (after coupon code)

Current Model Seiko 5 Sports
On sale + additional 15% off with "Friends" Code, brings some models on bracelet to $270 shipped after tax in Ontario.

https://www.thebay.com/search/EndecaSea ... =0&PA=TRUE

I picked up this Green one.
https://www.thebay.com/seiko-5-sports-s ... 4302023689
Last edited by blues45 on Mar 26th, 2020 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
Damage due to RFD Since April 2013: $5638.00
44 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9049 posts
1909 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I'll rather buy a Seiko meca-quartz lol, a mechanical watch is mostly for the novelty rather than time keeping hehe
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2005
1436 posts
70 upvotes
Calgary
Not a huge fan of these in general, but the all black Seiko 5 is sleek. Blackout watch is a beauty!
Oct 26, 2011
85 posts
171 upvotes
Vancouver
hightech wrote: I never understand the allure of these watches as they have piss poor accuracy.
Agreed. I like radio controlled / GPS watches. Never need to think about if they're accurate or not. Couple it with a titanium bracelet (harder metal (so scratchproof), rust resistant, lighter), and 'solar' to charge the batteries, and you have a bulletproof watch.

https://www.citizenwatch.com/us/en/coll ... mekeeping/
https://www.citizenwatch.com/us/en/coll ... mekeeping/
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
1017 posts
2849 upvotes
Orient Kamasu is a better buy but it’s hard to find in Canada, or if you do find it, it’s priced higher than MSRP
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1613 posts
854 upvotes
Vancouver
hightech wrote: I never understand the allure of these watches as they have piss poor accuracy.
That's why I only buy grand seikos with 9F quartz in them. Nothing less. /s
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1474 posts
2312 upvotes
First, is the accuracy really that bad? At worst, maybe off by a few minutes per day after a few weeks/months of constant wear? And if you don't wear it constantly (e.g. go 3 days without wearing it), it's going to stop and you're going to have to set the time again anyway.

Second, these watches aren't strictly for telling time. If they were, nobody would need them. Time is everywhere these days: phones, computers, the microwave, Amazon Echo, etc. The allure of these watches is primarily about owning and wearing something cool. "Cool" is subjective, but it could involve style, design, build, history, brand, etc.
Jun 26, 2007
850 posts
580 upvotes
phoreoneone wrote: Orient Kamasu is a better buy but it’s hard to find in Canada, or if you do find it, it’s priced higher than MSRP
I bought one of these one drop.com. After import fees it still came out around $250. They have then quite often if anyone is interested in an Orient Kamasu.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
1017 posts
2849 upvotes
Flunk wrote: I bought one of these one drop.com. After import fees it still came out around $250. They have then quite often if anyone is interested in an Orient Kamasu.
Can we get a review/thoughts on the watch
Nov 8, 2003
293 posts
194 upvotes
coolwasabi wrote: First, is the accuracy really that bad? At worst, maybe off by a few minutes per day after a few weeks/months of constant wear?
My Seiko SKX007 purchased 5yrs ago now loses about a minute per day now ☹️...but you're right, it's more about wearing a watch itself rather than just for time.

I feel naked going out without a watch on my wrist and the Seiko does get a lot of compliments as it looks a lot more expensive than it is. Not worth getting it serviced though at its price range.
Mar 5, 2012
258 posts
56 upvotes
LAVAL
Any Seiko or Casio that you recommend?
Thanks!
Jan 9, 2016
58 posts
286 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
No intention of thread crapping but I have learned over time to only buy watches with sapphire crystal. Especially if it's an automatic watch that I intend to use over many years
Mar 5, 2012
258 posts
56 upvotes
LAVAL
Sypsy wrote: That's why I only buy grand seikos with 9F quartz in them. Nothing less. /s
What is the average cost for one?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)