Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Bay

Seiko 5 Sports automatic watches - 30% off + additional 40% off (FRIENDS code) Friends and Family Sale ~$150

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2023 2:22 pm
Jan 13, 2019
196 posts
148 upvotes
elideli wrote: Amazing deal! Is the Pepsi versatile enough? Black and blue look boring compared to the Pepsi.
Excuse my ignorance, which one is the pepsi?
Aug 21, 2022
183 posts
287 upvotes
datbimmer wrote: Excuse my ignorance, which one is the pepsi?
That's the Seiko 5 sport with red and blue color. Its still in stock! I was debating between Pepsi or orange crush but orange crush sold out right as I pressed checkout, so rfd made my choice for me and I end up with Pepsi instead. Can't go wrong with either, actually I want both lol
Last edited by Leggendairy on Dec 1st, 2022 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 6, 2013
212 posts
143 upvotes
Couldn't decide between the SRPE51 and SRPE57. Bought both. Will give the one I like less in person to someone else. sigh
Nov 11, 2019
448 posts
235 upvotes
Thanks OP, can't go wrong with seiko but didn't find anything I liked
Oct 5, 2020
26 posts
23 upvotes
Seems like deal is dead. I am seeing $30 in HB points now.
Sep 6, 2006
543 posts
1232 upvotes
Toronto
rubydl wrote: Seems like deal is dead. I am seeing $30 in HB points now.
Apply the code it still gives the 40% discount
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2006
1212 posts
334 upvotes
These Seiko 5 divers have such an ugly profile that isn't shown in most pictures. The rotating bezel is thick, flat, and squared off making for a very thick watch unlike other brands where the top surface of the bezel elegantly tapers down at the edges for a more streamlined convex profile. The downside of this is the tendency to get caught on shirt/jacket cuffs. The bezel looks disproportionately thick for no reason, especially when it isn't meant to be a serious dive watch.

I have one and can confirm that these Seikos are my ugliest divers (or watches) for that matter. If people saw them sideways before buying, they'd think twice.
Aug 21, 2022
183 posts
287 upvotes
jh1 wrote: These Seiko 5 divers have such an ugly profile that isn't shown in most pictures. The rotating bezel is thick, flat, and squared off making for a very thick watch unlike other brands where the top surface of the bezel elegantly tapers down at the edges for a more streamlined convex profile. The downside of this is the tendency to get caught on shirt/jacket cuffs. The bezel looks disproportionately thick for no reason, especially when it isn't meant to be a serious dive watch.

I have one and can confirm that these Seikos are my ugliest divers (or watches) for that matter. If people saw them sideways before buying, they'd think twice.
I actually prefer this. It's called chunky and many of us bigger muscular dudes want this style, instead of tiny watch designed for a high school girl.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2006
1212 posts
334 upvotes
Leggendairy wrote: I actually prefer this. It's called chunky and many of us bigger muscular dudes want this style, instead of tiny watch designed for a high school girl.
I wasn't referring to size. My other better-looking divers have much larger lug to lug measurements but their thickness and bezel tapering in proportion to overall size looks a lot more balanced.
It's like how people with big heads in proportion to body size look less mature. The thick bezel just makes it look more toy-like. If I want chunky I go for my Gshock.

To be honest, the modest size of these Seiko 5 divers would look a little small on bigger muscular dudes. The pictures online can give a false impression of size.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2020
2274 posts
4244 upvotes
YEG/YYZ
Here I am not planning to buy a watch in 2022 due to the crap market....
jh1 wrote: These Seiko 5 divers have such an ugly profile that isn't shown in most pictures. The rotating bezel is thick, flat, and squared off making for a very thick watch unlike other brands where the top surface of the bezel elegantly tapers down at the edges for a more streamlined convex profile. The downside of this is the tendency to get caught on shirt/jacket cuffs. The bezel looks disproportionately thick for no reason, especially when it isn't meant to be a serious dive watch.

Agreed, I tried on one of these in person and was shocked at how thick it was. It's as thick as my Citizen, except the citizen at least has a satellite GPS link up. Confused Face
Jun 2, 2011
310 posts
510 upvotes
Toronto
Leggendairy wrote: I actually prefer this. It's called chunky and many of us bigger muscular dudes want this style, instead of tiny watch designed for a high school girl.
Trigger much? We all know how big and manly you are. Now save that aggro for the plates.
Nov 24, 2012
868 posts
241 upvotes
Toronto
What's the better buy?

Suits Stainless Steel Mesh Bracelet Watch SRPD73K1F - Korean Version for $189 before tax

OR

Seiko Men's 5 Sports Automatic Watch with Stainless Steel Strap, Silver, 22 (Model: SRPD73) - I Believe this is the Japanese version of the same watch at $229 before tax.

Can someone please give me a brief summary of the difference between the Japanese and Korean versions, why I should care, and if the savings are enough that I should just go for the korean version?

Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8394 posts
2170 upvotes
Toronto
BarcaFan wrote: Can someone please give me a brief summary of the difference between the Japanese and Korean versions, why I should care, and if the savings are enough that I should just go for the korean version?
1) The existance of text at the bottom of the dial. This is determined by which region the watch is intended to be sold in. This doesn't affect how the watch works.
2) The day wheel on The Bay version will probably be french/english. The day dial on the amazon one is not known, but generally most Seiko Watches sold in the USA are either Spanish/English or Arabic/English. Unfortunately The Bay/Amazon are probably not knowledgeable enough to know how to check this.

From a technical point of view they are the same. They are both the same watch using a 4R36 movement.
Dec 1, 2022
1 posts
Looks like the friends code doesnt work anymore. Just as i was about to checkout, it refreshed itself and the discounts disappeared...
Aug 21, 2022
183 posts
287 upvotes
Nhuynh555 wrote: Trigger much? We all know how big and manly you are. Now save that aggro for the plates.
That dude come in here trashing a watch that has 6 pages of excited people that bought it. And then bragging about how his other watches are better. He needed to be spanked. It's a 150$ watch, nobody in here is expecting a Rolex. Name a better bang for your buck automatic, I'll wait.
Aug 21, 2022
183 posts
287 upvotes
Tbh, threadcrappers like him I think are doing market manipulation, they have their eyes set on watches from this deal that they can't purchase yet because they need to borrow mommy's credit card, and so they try dissuade anyone from getting in on the deal so their watch has less chance to sell out. These people are total lowlifes, and let's not forget about all the resellers too who are just as bad.
Nov 17, 2017
164 posts
224 upvotes
Is the code dead? It keeps saying can’t be applied to my cart and it’s items I added from the link on the banner ‘friends” shop now. Plus can’t seem to locate terms and conditions.
Please don’t [email protected]$t on my parade
Aug 21, 2022
183 posts
287 upvotes
Code might be dead. I can confirm code no longer working on a watch I had in my cart that code was working on half hour ago. Watch was 500$ and now watch back to 900$ and says code cannot be applied. Also added some other watches that used to work and they don't work anymore. Congrats to everyone who got in on this insane deal!