Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Bay

Seiko 5 Sports automatic watches - 30% off + additional 40% off (FRIENDS code) Friends and Family Sale ~$150

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2023 2:22 pm
Jun 26, 2022
84 posts
110 upvotes
jh1 wrote: These Seiko 5 divers have such an ugly profile that isn't shown in most pictures. The rotating bezel is thick, flat, and squared off making for a very thick watch unlike other brands where the top surface of the bezel elegantly tapers down at the edges for a more streamlined convex profile. The downside of this is the tendency to get caught on shirt/jacket cuffs. The bezel looks disproportionately thick for no reason, especially when it isn't meant to be a serious dive watch.

I have one and can confirm that these Seikos are my ugliest divers (or watches) for that matter. If people saw them sideways before buying, they'd think twice.
This exactly, so I'll join you in the high-school girl club. Also, the 4 o'clock crown bothers me alot more than I thought it would.
Last edited by Shanksyouu on Dec 2nd, 2022 7:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mar 8, 2020
133 posts
145 upvotes
FRIENDS - Not Applied
The items in your bag do not qualify for this promotion.

Outrageous!
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1869 posts
474 upvotes
South Western Ontari…
Rfd power lol deal was suppose to last till 11th
Dec 2, 2013
683 posts
1133 upvotes
The 40% code wasn't intended to apply on watches obviously, especially when these Seikos are already discounted by 30%! Looks like the bay corrected the error. The thread has 100 upvotes and ZERO downvote. You know how hot the deal was. One of the best deal this year along with the free iPhone 13 from Virgin!
Apr 19, 2022
31 posts
28 upvotes
appleb wrote: The Bulova Mil-ships at regular price $1195 with 30% +40% is a pretty good deal at $501.90.

https://www.thebay.com/product/bulova-a ... 75663.html

I'm going to hold out and hope to see it at the next Citizen warehouse sale.

EDIT: Wallet not safe. I ended up buying the ani-digi trench run.

https://www.thebay.com/product/citizen- ... 98373.html
Oh my god, my jaw dropped seeing that star wars watch. Wish I copped. Congrats!
Jul 2, 2018
88 posts
72 upvotes
I thought too hard and too long… Deal is dead but at least wallet is safe! Enjoy the rest of the day everyone! Smiling Face With Halo✌️
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2006
1212 posts
334 upvotes
Leggendairy wrote: That dude come in here trashing a watch that has 6 pages of excited people that bought it. And then bragging about how his other watches are better. He needed to be spanked. It's a 150$ watch, nobody in here is expecting a Rolex. Name a better bang for your buck automatic, I'll wait.
You are completely wrong about my intentions. I have a cheap $80 Casio diver that has better bezel proportions and well as more expensive Seikos and other branded divers that look better in terms of side profile. Consider it consumer advice - look carefully before considering this thick watch that resembles a large coin sitting on top of a shiny silver pillow. This Seiko 5 diver was a disappointing purchase. If what I described turns others off this watch, it can save them from making a purchase that doesn't meet expectations.
Dec 2, 2013
683 posts
1133 upvotes
jh1 wrote: You are completely wrong about my intentions. I have a cheap $80 Casio diver that has better bezel proportions and well as more expensive Seikos and other branded divers that look better in terms of side profile. Consider it consumer advice - look carefully before considering this thick watch that resembles a large coin sitting on top of a shiny silver pillow. This Seiko 5 diver was a disappointing purchase. If what I described turns others off this watch, it can save them from making a purchase that doesn't meet expectations.
Even if that holds true, you are still missing the fact that we bought the watch for $150 and the value we get for that price is still VERY HIGH compared to the shortfalls you are describing. Before buying this I was eying the Casio Duro Pepsi which sells currently at $100. For an extra $50, I’m getting an Automatic Seiko that comes with a SS bracelet which is a steal no matter what you say.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2004
1506 posts
607 upvotes
North Vancouver
I'm guessing The Bay didn't intend on stacking the 30% sale and 40% coupon code, and that this was likely an error. Anyone get shipping confirmations yet?
Dec 2, 2013
683 posts
1133 upvotes
da_hool wrote: I'm guessing The Bay didn't intend on stacking the 30% sale and 40% coupon code, and that this was likely an error. Anyone get shipping confirmations yet?
I got my shipping confirmation a few minutes ago. I wouldn’t worry about the bay not fulfilling these orders. It’s an error but it’s not like you are getting the watch for $50.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1869 posts
474 upvotes
South Western Ontari…
jh1 wrote: You are completely wrong about my intentions. I have a cheap $80 Casio diver that has better bezel proportions and well as more expensive Seikos and other branded divers that look better in terms of side profile. Consider it consumer advice - look carefully before considering this thick watch that resembles a large coin sitting on top of a shiny silver pillow. This Seiko 5 diver was a disappointing purchase. If what I described turns others off this watch, it can save them from making a purchase that doesn't meet expectations.
To each his own. $150 dollar watch i sold off most of my watches its refreshing to think I can wear it without being worried of it getting damaged stolen or serviced
Jan 13, 2019
196 posts
148 upvotes
elideli wrote: I got my shipping confirmation a few minutes ago. I wouldn’t worry about the bay not fulfilling these orders. It’s an error but it’s not like you are getting the watch for $50.
Damn I hope they don't, bought the kind of watch I always wanted thanks to this... Eco-Drive Atomic
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2583 posts
305 upvotes
Winnipeg
I own the Casio Duro, Citizen Promaster and Seiko 007, rubber straps. All have screw down crowns and are truly rated for 200m.

The new Seiko line is a bit disappointing in terms of specs.

Not that I dive, but I do enjoy having dive features in my watch. The Seiko5 dive watches don't have the same prestige as the three I mentioned, at least in my eyes.

For $150, it's a decent looking watch (on screen, haven't seen one in person) but it is NOT a dive watch.

The Casio Duro punches well above it's price point. It looks great and the build quality and accuracy is hard to beat.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2521 posts
1792 upvotes
GTA
BravoDeltaRomeo wrote: I own the Casio Duro, Citizen Promaster and Seiko 007, rubber straps. All have screw down crowns and are truly rated for 200m.

The new Seiko line is a bit disappointing in terms of specs.

Not that I dive, but I do enjoy having dive features in my watch. The Seiko5 dive watches don't have the same prestige as the three I mentioned, at least in my eyes.

For $150, it's a decent looking watch (on screen, haven't seen one in person) but it is NOT a dive watch.

The Casio Duro punches well above it's price point. It looks great and the build quality and accuracy is hard to beat.
The 5KX is rated 100M so unless you will actually dive deeper, that point is null and void.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2006
1212 posts
334 upvotes
elideli wrote: Even if that holds true, you are still missing the fact that we bought the watch for $150 and the value we get for that price is still VERY HIGH compared to the shortfalls you are describing. Before buying this I was eying the Casio Duro Pepsi which sells currently at $100. For an extra $50, I’m getting an Automatic Seiko that comes with a SS bracelet which is a steal no matter what you say.
It doesn't matter if a clown suit only costs you $2. If you don't intend to look like a clown, it is still $2 wasted. This was never about how much $ was at stake. Waste is waste regardless of the amount.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
3245 posts
1195 upvotes
Mississauga
AbdulR94 wrote: Got the order cancelled email in the morning
What did you order, if I may ask?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)