Expired Hot Deals

[The Bay] Selected Nobis Men's Jackets Up to 50% off

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 3rd, 2020 11:12 pm
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2351 upvotes
Shady67 wrote: People spend $800 on a pizza oven and thousands on guns, computers and other ridiculous items, but something you use everyday for almost half of every year isn't worth the premium price? There's way too many haters on RFD. If it's not for you, don't leave your petty comments and move on.
$1000 flagship iPhone/Galaxy or Note/Pixel phone they change every year, LCBO or restaurant/bar unbelievably marked up alcohol every weekend, few thousand dollar vacations every year, etc.
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2351 upvotes
onefive wrote: Did you get yours at Pacific mall?
Even though people used to freak out about buying a possible fake at Pmall, the stores selling Nobis there were authorized retailers.
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2351 upvotes
pbeutch wrote: Shame on you coastal elites for daring to wear something else than a down filled potato bag.
Nobody's got time for down. Too poseur. Toilet paper insulation (preferably free from public bathrooms) and garbage bags for mild Canadian winters.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1784 posts
729 upvotes
YYZ
The Tee Daught wrote: Did the guy at the store forget to tell you that you also need to wear pants in the winter?
pants are so 2019 get with the times.
Jan 27, 2004
685 posts
49 upvotes
Coresu wrote: I dont get that with my Gotham North Face bomber. It's very warm, snug. I made sure to choose a size that was snug, went with small not medium. Its doesnt look like Im a large puff ball walking around and fits properly all around the seams. No air leakage down the back etc. Is it the warmest jacket out there? Probably not, but for price to performance and good enough looks, especially on sale, the North Face Gotham is hard to beat imo. I compared it at the time to the CG Chilliwack bomber if I recall the name right. The fur on the CG is real so it gets the edge there if you look aside ethics and all that stuff. But I preferred the material on the NF more since its fully waterproof and not some spray coating like the CG. Rest was based on anecdotal online reviews since I couldnt try both out in the cold.
thats the thing.. u get so used to it that you don't know until you know. I'm perfectly fine with it and still use the gotham alot when i don't want to dirty my nobis, but in terms of comparing it to a higher tier like a CG or Nobis i would put it like this.. You're fine with driving a honda civic your entire life and it does everything you need it to do until you step foot into higher end car.. in this case i'd say a higher end jacket like a CG or Nobis is going to make your comfort of life so much better esp if you wait alot in the cold during winter.. Those cold chills i used to have waiting around for the bus in -15+ is gone with the nobis and its effortless without me having to bundle up so hard.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
7993 posts
2699 upvotes
Toronto
Jimboski wrote: Solid deal. If the sizes are right for you.
IIRC your prices were better.
Jan 27, 2004
685 posts
49 upvotes
The Tee Daught wrote: What??? I have a north face Gotham and I have never been cold wearing it. You live on Baffin island or something? Or do you just work for nobis??

I also have a spyder, Canada Goose and parajumper - so I'm no stranger to quality winter goods.
you're probably wearing it in warm weather or in your car or something , or maybe you've never experienced waiting half an hour for the bus every night in - minus weather? im sure you've owned (not) them all otherwise you wouldn't be saying this crap.
Jul 28, 2010
565 posts
553 upvotes
Montreal
I don't eat enough to wear these sizes.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
6241 posts
5141 upvotes
Richmond Hill
You guys are getting too worked up over the gotham jacket

I was making a joke about the classic RFD outfit - UBs, gotham jackets, sax underwear and spritz of creed:

When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
314 posts
351 upvotes
Nunavut
You guys know for a grand you can straight up buy designer leather/sherpa bombers right.. lol, i cannot believe people spend this much on ugly cloth jackets. I tried that gotham one everyone loves and it looked so dull and washed out. Outside of my face, I can't even feel the weather in my leather coat
Jan 27, 2004
685 posts
49 upvotes
+1 For Jimboski , no affiliation , just a good seller i bought it from.
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2351 upvotes
Hindustunna wrote: You guys know for a grand you can straight up buy designer leather/sherpa bombers right.. lol
You know those aren't even as warm or functional right. I don't even like Nobis.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1145 posts
1190 upvotes
Toronto
angy wrote: thats the thing.. u get so used to it that you don't know until you know. I'm perfectly fine with it and still use the gotham alot when i don't want to dirty my nobis, but in terms of comparing it to a higher tier like a CG or Nobis i would put it like this.. You're fine with driving a honda civic your entire life and it does everything you need it to do until you step foot into higher end car.. in this case i'd say a higher end jacket like a CG or Nobis is going to make your comfort of life so much better esp if you wait alot in the cold during winter.. Those cold chills i used to have waiting around for the bus in -15+ is gone with the nobis and its effortless without me having to bundle up so hard.
Ya I hear ya, makes sense. Jackets can be a hard thing to try out in the real to notice I guess since sometimes return policies are pretty stiff. I guess, just grab a more lux brand that has good reviews and bite the bullet and at the very least enjoy the label.
Sep 12, 2012
158 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
Most of you on here who complain about being cold with a normal winter jacket must have thin skin because I can't even wear my Gap parka I purchased for 30.00 regular 200.00 without sweating everywhere I go. Unless you are hiking in Antarctica I don't see the need for these knuckle and Canada Goose jackets. I can't imagine wearing one of these exspensive jackets for the winters in Ontario. I laugh when I see people in malls wearing these ridiculous over priced jackets!!
Last edited by joe7271 on Feb 2nd, 2020 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)