• Jun 6th, 2021 4:31 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22326 posts
169424 upvotes
GTA

[The Bay] Shark Rocket Pet Pro - $245.99 plus other Shark vacuums on sale

The Bay has Shark vacuums on sale, with some additional savings on top when you apply the code SAVE (save $50 on $250+, $30 on $200+, or $25 on $175+).

The Shark Rocket Pet Pro is on sale for $295.99, so with the code, it becomes $245.99 (this is the only cordless one they have).

The DuoClean (corded) is $229.99 with the code applied. There are a couple other corded models close to the $200 mark so they will get $25 off by default or $30 off if a filler is added.

https://www.thebay.com/c/home/shark
23 replies
Jun 16, 2019
150 posts
338 upvotes
I got the Shark Rocket Pet Pro from BBB Canada last year for $240 after coupon discounts (always some coupon going on) and a -$30 sale price. Not sure if it has ever been cheaper but just adding a price comparison to say that The Bay price is decent sale pricing relatively.

Coming from corded vacs and central vacs built into the townhouse, cordless makes vacuuming a fun easy activity instead of a chore in my opinion. Cordless vacs are the way to go in my opinion and Shark vacs are a relatively cheap way to get into it. Check out Vacuum Wars youtube channel to compare them.
The Pet Pro model is really nice because of the rotating hair brush head which sucks up all my girlfriend's fallen hair without ever clogging. This unit also has a HEPA system which is really nice. On first use, the vacuum is much quieter than I would expect, and so it seemed like a weak vacuum but it is very deceptively powerful for me and my laminate floors and area rugs. The battery is also one button slide in and out so it's easily replaceable, kind of like the system for Ryobi/Milwaukee/Ridgid tools. Battery lasts long enough for me to vacuum my 2 bdr 1bath kitchen and living room rental suite twice easily and then some.

Last I checked last year when I was buying my Pet Pro, there was a newer model coming out. Not sure if it's out now but that would probably explain why The Bay has this on sale. Hope I helped
Sep 6, 2017
9 posts
7 upvotes
Anyone know how this compares to Dyson v11? Major price difference but is the performance a big factor?
Apr 24, 2011
429 posts
191 upvotes
Scarborough
Costco.ca has this for $240 as well. It is a blue version boxed as a "pet plus" but after contacting shark, they confirmed that it is the pet pro with rotating brushhead and hepa filter. Just Costco's version, hence why it's blue. Also confirmed the 5 year warranty. Just a warning, you will need to contact shark for the warranty registration as Costco's version won't be recognised using the website

So the bay is the "more official" version but just putting it out there for anyone who prefers Costco over bay for any reason.

Either way, good deal OP. I probably would have grabbed the one from the bay if I didn't already order it from Costco a couple weeks ago
Apr 24, 2011
429 posts
191 upvotes
Scarborough
itshere01 wrote: Anyone know how this compares to Dyson v11? Major price difference but is the performance a big factor?
From what I remember off the top of my head, the pet pro is very comparable to v7 or v8. So not as strong as v11 but we're also talking half the price.

Another factor is the soft rolling head on Dyson is more effective for cleaning whereas the pet pro has very good reviews for taking hair and never needing to clean it. So cleaning pet fur or GF's hair is easier but cleaning is not as effective compared to Dyson
Mar 15, 2013
658 posts
355 upvotes
Fredericton
Don’t forget Rakuten has 2.5% cash back for another $6.15 ish back. Also eBay has The Bay gift cards on sale for $85 for $100. I just bought 3 to buy this but they are actually mailed cards. I figure I can just buy and return and then buy with gift cards. Also actually a good time to redeem Air Miles for Hudson Bay Gift Cards instead of hoarding them. Without AM but GC’s it can be had for $226.81 all in.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hudsons-Bay-Gif ... nav=SEARCH
Mar 15, 2013
658 posts
355 upvotes
Fredericton
Also would the $10 off $50 email code stack? Anyone familiar?
Aug 2, 2018
68 posts
50 upvotes
axis81 wrote: Costco.ca has this for $240 as well. It is a blue version boxed as a "pet plus" but after contacting shark, they confirmed that it is the pet pro with rotating brushhead and hepa filter. Just Costco's version, hence why it's blue. Also confirmed the 5 year warranty. Just a warning, you will need to contact shark for the warranty registration as Costco's version won't be recognised using the website

So the bay is the "more official" version but just putting it out there for anyone who prefers Costco over bay for any reason.

Either way, good deal OP. I probably would have grabbed the one from the bay if I didn't already order it from Costco a couple weeks ago
I was planning on buying one from Costco today. Shark confirmed everything else is the same though? I was totally committed to buying this one after what was, admittedly, an unnecessary amount of vacuum research. I'd hate to get a weaker motor or something in an effort to save a few bucks here.
Apr 24, 2011
429 posts
191 upvotes
Scarborough
Spud10909 wrote: I was planning on buying one from Costco today. Shark confirmed everything else is the same though? I was totally committed to buying this one after what was, admittedly, an unnecessary amount of vacuum research. I'd hate to get a weaker motor or something in an effort to save a few bucks here.
Yup that's what they said via email. I don't have the official pet pro so I have nothing to compare it to but so far I'm relatively happy with the purchase. It's my first cordless vacuum so admittedly I don't have much to compare it to. Only thing is corners on staircase isn't the best, takes a couple swipes sometimes. I also find sometimes thick pieces of dust bunnies end up rolling back out of the brush head. But that's nit picking at this point.

Other than that, I'm loving the convenience and it performs almost as good as my old corded dc37 or whatever it's called, which doesn't have a motorized head so I'm constantly cleaning the dust off that head. NO MORE
Aug 2, 2018
68 posts
50 upvotes
axis81 wrote: Yup that's what they said via email. I don't have the official pet pro so I have nothing to compare it to but so far I'm relatively happy with the purchase. It's my first cordless vacuum so admittedly I don't have much to compare it to. Only thing is corners on staircase isn't the best, takes a couple swipes sometimes. I also find sometimes thick pieces of dust bunnies end up rolling back out of the brush head. But that's nit picking at this point.

Other than that, I'm loving the convenience and it performs almost as good as my old corded dc37 or whatever it's called, which doesn't have a motorized head so I'm constantly cleaning the dust off that head. NO MORE
That sounds good. We've got a fancy canister vacuum right now but I'm so tired of hauling it around the house and up/down the stairs. It's like dragging a wrecking ball behind you and I've taken enough chunks out of the baseboards now that it's time for a change. This little guy sounds like a great machine for my regular cleaning needs. Thanks a bunch for sharing your wisdoms!
Nov 10, 2016
128 posts
133 upvotes
Montreal, Qc.
I bought the shark from costco and I am not impressed with the performance, I researched a lot cause I wanted to get a good cordless vacuum, and after a lot of reviews and personal experience saw that this vacuum the rocket pet pro is being returned because it is not strong enough, doesn't clean well and stops working after some time, basically for the most part people is not happy with this vacuum.

After digging a lot more I wanted to give a shot to the shark vertex as it has a soft roller and the anti hair technology, but at this price point (around $400) I thought is better to go with some premium models and apparently the winner is the Dyson V10 refurbished which you can get for $400, but you still need to buy the soft roller that costs around $100 but still a whole lot better than the other options.

I did some research and at least in Canada we are stuck with high prices and not able to buy parts and accessories, I went with Dyson because at least for the most part customer service is good and there are plenty of stores to buy accessories and attachements.

Some vacuums I looked into:

Lg G9 cordzero, apparently very good value and attachments included for around $600, but no support or attachements available

Tineco A11 master+ , apparently similar to the Dysons and cheaper with more accessories for around $500
All lower Tineco models are good and ranger from $200 to $400, but the big issue with Tineco is that you cannot buy any batteries or accessories in Canada, customer service direct you to the Us store and you have to pay like $100 just for shipping and at least for Tineco, you need to buy filters like twice a year even if you wash them.

Miele triflex Hx1, $700 the basic model, not that good, expensive, no soft roller and not able to buy accesories

Airstream made by cyclovac that makes central vacuums, it is a good choice for around $300, comes with soft roller and the regular roller, replaceable batteries, but also not that performing, but not bad too.

After all that I said, most people is not happy with cordless vacuums because they think it can replace a full power/bag/central vacuum, cordless vacuums are just glorified brooms to help you vacuum more often, a soft roller is important as it will help you with small debris that you the eye cant see, but you still need to do a weekly deep clean with a decent wired bagged vacuum, like a central vacuum or most people recommend the miele c3, or the wired Dyson animals.

If you want a better cordless vacuum I would recommend going with the refurbished Dyson V8 with a soft roller and you can find it around $350.

Just my 2 cents. cheers.
Jul 17, 2017
118 posts
50 upvotes
BC
For those of you in BC or Alberta or close to a London Drugs, or willing to ship, they have sales on the Shark Rocket Duoclean for $200 semi-regualrly, so if you are looking at that one, it's something to consider.

I used it for a bit and it was quite good at pickup on both carpet and hard floors. Only complaint is that the weight distribution makes it feel heavier than it ought to be.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1566 posts
1324 upvotes
Surrey
Do you guys know of cheap lightweight 2 in 1 cordless vacuums. I need something decent that works on carpet and is preferably under $100
Feb 4, 2015
480 posts
1359 upvotes
Calgary, AB
DonCapo wrote: I bought the shark from costco and I am not impressed with the performance, I researched a lot cause I wanted to get a good cordless vacuum, and after a lot of reviews and personal experience saw that this vacuum the rocket pet pro is being returned because it is not strong enough, doesn't clean well and stops working after some time, basically for the most part people is not happy with this vacuum.

Just my 2 cents. cheers.
I completely disagree.

While I don't claim to be an expert, I do have central vac in addition to a shop vac + corded vac + roomba + 4 wireless vacs. I don't know why I have so many either.. maybe its because I hate vacuuming and want to make it as painless as possible.

Anyway, I used to be in the same camp as you - how can the little vacuum compare with my corded beast? I dipped my toes with a Dyson (which broke, more below), but it worked well enough before it broke so I replaced it with a Shark Ionflex. That worked good so I went even more portable with a Rocket Pet Pro most recently (before they fixed the website FX thing). I have to say I love the pet pro. I actually don't have any pets, but several women in the house which shed nearly as much! I use the pet pro more than the rest of them combined currently. I still use a corded vacuum when I want the best cleaning possible, but most of the time the rocket is good enough. I do concede that buyers of the lightweight vacuums should not expect 100% performance parity to a corded one, but it's pretty darn close today.

I challenge your assertion that "basically for the most part people is not happy with this vacuum" - cordless vacuums are the most popular by far these days and while I know Amazon reviews are not the most reliable, it does show that the product category is very highly reviewed in general. Shark models are consistently are some of the most highly rated vacuums random Chinese brands on Amazon non-withstanding.

Now Dyson. Firstly, generally I agree that that high end Dysons will clean better than low end Sharks, but why are you even making that comparison.
Look at the cleaning tests:
V10 99% rating: https://moderncastle.com/vacuum-cleaner ... 10-review/
Rocket Pro 98% rating: https://moderncastle.com/shark-rocket-pet-pro-review/

So there is a slight advantage to the V10 but the refurb price is twice the brand new price of the Shark! To me, it is insane you would go for the Dyson - would you buy a car that was 1% better than another at double the price nevermind it is used vs brand new for the other? Lastly beware of Dyson reliability issues. You ever wonder why there is a neverending supply of refurb Dyson vacuums on eBay etc? It's because they fail like crazy! See the link below that half of Dyson vacs have problems within the first 5 years.
https://www.consumerreports.org/stick-v ... ty-issues/

In conclusion - it's cool that you disliked the shark, no product is perfect for every consumer, but it worked amazing for me and everyone I have recommended it to.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
10939 posts
2067 upvotes
V11 has more suction, but the Rocket Pet Pro does a decent deep clean, just not as good as the Dyson. The tool clip that let you carry two tools of your choice is very handy. I have the Outsize and it sounds great in theory but too bulky, heavy in reality. The 25% bigger head cut downs the cleaning time but it is not as nimble, too many places that cannot be reach using the standard head. This should not be a problem with standard V11 which has the same cleaning width as Rocket Pet Pro. I can fully vaccum my house twice with the Outsize without empty the bin but I have do it in 2 passes with the Rocket Pet Pro. It is easy to empty the Rocket Pet Pro bin though, and it spreads less dust particles in the air than Dyson's point and shoot system. One thing Rocket Pet Pro does decisively better is the hairs never tangle to the cleaning brush.

I am waiting for V15 and a good price, will never go back to canister or upright. In fact, my CR recommended Kenmore is still running strong.

Someone mentioned Miele Triflex, it has interesting design and I like the brand but it is not there yet. The dust bin is too small and hard to empty. A show stopper for any cordless. If you really want a Miele. Costco has it for $599. Hopefully they have Triflex2 come out soon.
itshere01 wrote: Anyone know how this compares to Dyson v11? Major price difference but is the performance a big factor?
Masks can reduce spread of COVID-19 by 83.3% and keep economy open, wear one!
*external links and short links are not allowed
Sep 28, 2006
804 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
Verdic wrote: I completely disagree.

While I don't claim to be an expert, I do have central vac in addition to a shop vac + corded vac + roomba + 4 wireless vacs. I don't know why I have so many either.. maybe its because I hate vacuuming and want to make it as painless as possible.

Anyway, I used to be in the same camp as you - how can the little vacuum compare with my corded beast? I dipped my toes with a Dyson (which broke, more below), but it worked well enough before it broke so I replaced it with a Shark Ionflex. That worked good so I went even more portable with a Rocket Pet Pro most recently (before they fixed the website FX thing). I have to say I love the pet pro. I actually don't have any pets, but several women in the house which shed nearly as much! I use the pet pro more than the rest of them combined currently. I still use a corded vacuum when I want the best cleaning possible, but most of the time the rocket is good enough. I do concede that buyers of the lightweight vacuums should not expect 100% performance parity to a corded one, but it's pretty darn close today.

I challenge your assertion that "basically for the most part people is not happy with this vacuum" - cordless vacuums are the most popular by far these days and while I know Amazon reviews are not the most reliable, it does show that the product category is very highly reviewed in general. Shark models are consistently are some of the most highly rated vacuums random Chinese brands on Amazon non-withstanding.

Now Dyson. Firstly, generally I agree that that high end Dysons will clean better than low end Sharks, but why are you even making that comparison.

So there is a slight advantage to the V10 but the refurb price is twice the brand new price of the Shark! To me, it is insane you would go for the Dyson - would you buy a car that was 1% better than another at double the price nevermind it is used vs brand new for the other? Lastly beware of Dyson reliability issues. You ever wonder why there is a neverending supply of refurb Dyson vacuums on eBay etc? It's because they fail like crazy! See the link below that half of Dyson vacs have problems within the first 5 years.

In conclusion - it's cool that you disliked the shark, no product is perfect for every consumer, but it worked amazing for me and everyone I have recommended it to.
How long have you had the Rocket Pet Pro for? How has been the battery life on it? I was reading reviews on amazon and it seems like most complaints are the battery dying within the first year.
Nov 10, 2016
128 posts
133 upvotes
Montreal, Qc.
Verdic wrote: I completely disagree.

When I said reviews I didn't mean amazon reviews, I went to reddit, forums, youtube comments, even you can search old threads here, you know where the real ratings are, and I saw that "for the most part" people is not happy, certainly I found a lot too of good reviews, and I think is because people like you know what to expect from a cordless vacuum, I got the rocket pet pro/plus from costco, and for me I have 4 cats and wife's here around and it is not enough to clean the small debris, maybe I expect to be at least like the corded shark with the dust away thing, that is why I was recommending the shakr vertex becuase of the soft roller.

I have a corded shark rocket pro deluxe and it works wonders for like 4 years going strong, but I have to use it with the dust away attachment for that small debris, just the motorized roller is not enough, ,but it has good suction, it is just that I hate the cable.

I saw and used a Dyson v10 in a friends house and I was happy how it worked , that is why I decided to go with Dyson but I wont shell for a new one, I am aware about the reliability, but like I said, also a lot of people think that paying the high price will ditch the central/wired vacuum and that is why there is in part a lot of returns.

At the end I want to check by myself if the Dyson is good enough, I have 30 days to return if I dont like it and if it breaks in 1 to 2 years at least Dyson will exchange with "minimal trouble lol" (for most people at least.) I think the soft roller at least for me is the important part for me, and the other brands including the soft roller are not good enough.

Cheers.