Hot Deals

The Bay

Shopping @ The Bay in 2022 (flash sales, promo codes & coupons)

  • Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2022 12:02 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
2293 posts
3296 upvotes
St Clements, MB

[The Bay] Shopping @ The Bay in 2022 (flash sales, promo codes & coupons)

Please subscribe to this thread to keep up to date on the latest coupons, promo codes and other promotions at The Bay Online and at Hudson’s Bay retail stores — I will try to update this thread regularly. Hudson's Bay & thebay.com can be a great place to shop if you shop on the right day and with the right coupon or promo code.
2022 was an interesting year for shopping at The Bay. It closed its 2 full-line department stores in 2021 Edmonton City Centre and Dorval (Les Jardins) after closing its Winnipeg Downtown store. Some Hudson’s Bay stores got little updates including consolidating cash desks at more stores. They shortened BAYDAYS to be a 17-day event. A Zellers pop-up store opened.

What to expect:
- Seniors' Days on the first Tuesday of every month plus a few Bonus Seniors’ Days – savings up to 15%
- Various Spend More, Save More events
- Cardmember Appreciation events for Hudson’s Bay Mastercard powered by Neo cardmembers – savings up to
- President's Discount Events in March, September & November – savings up 25% for Rewards VIP and Rewards Plus members
- Friends & Family Events at various times throughout the year – savings up to 25% for when you pay with your Hudson’s Bay Mastercard
- Semi-annual 17-day BAYDAYS
- Personalised one-time use only 10-digit promo codes (if you aren't using yours please tip me)
- Various Email Exclusive promotions
- Various bonus Rewards earning and redemption events.

TIPS
- You can price match at Hudson's Bay. In-store: you need a print or digital flyer. Online: call in to place your order over the phone. Unfortunately, you cannot price match and use a coupon.
- When shopping online, you can pay by PayPal or with up to two Hudson's Bay gift cards and a credit card. When an order is cancelled and you've paid with a Hudson's Bay gift card, Hudson's Bay will create a new order and mail out the balance they owe you on a new plastic gift card.
- Did you know you can avoid having your package delivered by TForce, INTELCOM or other inferior couriers? You can sign up for Flex Delivery with Canada Post. It will require you to visit a post office to pick up every parcel, but you will the avoid the risk of having your parcel shipped by an inferior courier company. You will also avoid porch theives too.
- You can combine gift cards in-store or over the phone. Call 1-800-844-8131.
- You can request a price adjustment within 7 days due to a change in the base price of your item. Price matches are usually not allowed for coupons, or always not allowed for clearance items.
- Most promo codes now exclude Flash Sales in addition to "one-day sales"
Last edited by cslusarc on Feb 1st, 2022 11:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Thread Summary
2022 promo code history
2 events: addional discount off clearance with promo code
3 events: Spend More, Save More
3 events: Seniors' Day
1 event: upto 20% off cardmember event (10% off with other modes of payment) - previously know as Friends and Family Discount events
1 event: Rerwards VIP early access
1 event: Giving Day
1 event: Spend $200, Save $40
318 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
2293 posts
3296 upvotes
St Clements, MB
Until Jan 2nd:
Use promo code EXTRA to save an extra 15% off on clearance — FINAL SALE.
Member
Apr 16, 2014
262 posts
368 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Thank you! This is my favourite RFD thread.
Jr. Member
Jan 21, 2019
176 posts
160 upvotes
Do any of these extra coupons stack with the Breville Ovens? I've been waiting to grab one for my Dad but if the deal's are at best the regular $50ish off I just won't wait any longer to get one.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
2293 posts
3296 upvotes
St Clements, MB
New $10 off $50+ promo code
E24932U
Update Jan 8th:
This promo code has now expired
Last edited by cslusarc on Jan 8th, 2022 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Oct 8, 2018
325 posts
435 upvotes
cslusarc wrote: New $10 off $50+ promo code
E24932U
I dont think this sign up coupon works on the clearance items.
There are a few more coupons and you can try your luck

E94276Y
H84236W - may be 10$ off with this
BEAUTY - restricted to beauty related purchases i guess

Earlier BOXWOW did work for 50 off 200+ until 28, bought a few when it was still working
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 16, 2008
2626 posts
1069 upvotes
Calgary
Nev007 wrote: Do the codes stack?
No, they always take the code that gives you the biggest discount.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
2293 posts
3296 upvotes
St Clements, MB
@iris11: all your promo codes expired on Thursday or earlier.
Member
Nov 5, 2019
262 posts
443 upvotes
Thanks @cslusarc for doing this again!

Also, has anyone had any experience returning a final sale item that was incorrect? I ordered a final sale backpack and one that looks completely different, but from the same brand, showed up. Was trying to figure out if I should chat/call in tomorrow or just head into a store.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
2293 posts
3296 upvotes
St Clements, MB
@bmomentai, did they send a backback with a different UPC than on your invoice? If they sent you an item with a different UPC, I would call/chat in for a resolution as the store is not likely to be able to offer you a resolution unless they fulfilled the order.
Member
Nov 5, 2019
262 posts
443 upvotes
cslusarc wrote: @bmomentai, did they send a backback with a different UPC than on your invoice? If they sent you an item with a different UPC, I would call/chat in for a resolution as the store is not likely to be able to offer you a resolution unless they fulfilled the order.
Nope, the UPC is the same as on the invoice but the picture on the website and on the email they sent me look different than the actual item.

I will call/chat tomorrow first and see if they will let me return it. There's a lot of snow in BC so I am going to avoid going to the store if I can.

Thanks!
Jr. Member
Aug 22, 2014
181 posts
171 upvotes
Vancouver
bmomentai wrote: Thanks @cslusarc for doing this again!

Also, has anyone had any experience returning a final sale item that was incorrect? I ordered a final sale backpack and one that looks completely different, but from the same brand, showed up. Was trying to figure out if I should chat/call in tomorrow or just head into a store.
They will ask you to take a picture of the item received and send to them through chat. They will send you a label to return it even though it's final sale due to it being their mistake.
Member
Nov 5, 2019
262 posts
443 upvotes
HelenCh wrote: They will ask you to take a picture of the item received and send to them through chat. They will send you a label to return it even though it's final sale due to it being their mistake.
Thank you!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
2293 posts
3296 upvotes
St Clements, MB
arkangil wrote: Do the point blankets ever go on sale?
They should be eligible for the 25% President's Discount in March.
Sr. Member
Jan 20, 2007
645 posts
652 upvotes
Does The Bay do rainchecks? Had placed an order for the Breville Bambino with $50 BOXWOW code for in-store pickup. Order went through and got an email saying order was being prepped for in-store pick up. The dreaded order cancellation email came next day saying item is sold out, even though the site still shows that store has stock. And for some reason there were two holds placed on my card for the same amount which have yet to drop off.

Called customer service but the CSRs were of no help. Told me to 'add the item to my wishlist' and I asked, 'Does The Bay send out automated emails when an item comes back in stock?', to which the response was 'Oh no, you still have to check manually but at least you can access the item faster by having it in your wishlist.' Great advice, thanks! :facepalm:
Member
Nov 5, 2019
262 posts
443 upvotes
V-ron wrote: Does The Bay do rainchecks? Had placed an order for the Breville Bambino with $50 BOXWOW code for in-store pickup. Order went through and got an email saying order was being prepped for in-store pick up. The dreaded order cancellation email came next day saying item is sold out, even though the site still shows that store has stock. And for some reason there were two holds placed on my card for the same amount which have yet to drop off.

Called customer service but the CSRs were of no help. Told me to 'add the item to my wishlist' and I asked, 'Does The Bay send out automated emails when an item comes back in stock?', to which the response was 'Oh no, you still have to check manually but at least you can access the item faster by having it in your wishlist.' Great advice, thanks! :facepalm:
I think you have to keep checking your wishlist yourself. Once it comes in stock you can call the customer service line with your original order number and they should be able to price match and order for you.
Member
Nov 5, 2019
262 posts
443 upvotes
Hi everyone, I posted yesterday about how the final sale item I received was incorrect. This is a follow up of my experience for those of you who may have the misfortunate of going through the same thing. I chatted with an agent this morning and they provided me with a return label and invoice to ship the item back. He did warn that he does not have the discretion to accept the return and it will be on the person processes my return when it arrived at the warehouse. I was offerred nothing for my troubles. I decided to go to the mall instead of risking a rejection via return by mail. The agent at the store looked at the item and the picture on the site and agreed it was the wrong item and gave me a refund. No hassle apart from having to go to the mall. Good to know final sale is flexible when there is an error on their end.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)