• Aug 30th, 2021 2:16 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 2, 2016
31 posts
38 upvotes

[The Bay] Tiger Rice cooker (HI - made in Japan) $289 with 2.5% Rakuten CB

Updated: I forgot Rakuten is offering 2.5% cash back on bay purchases.

I have been looking for a new Japanese rice cooker to replace my current one.

The Bay is having a sale (Code: Summer)
$100 off $350+ purchase. I picked up the Tiger High Induction model (made in Japan). Original price is $389 - $100 discount = $289.

I know that Amazon is selling zojirushi for $289 and after The Bay code discount, it is the same. This would be a good alternative to buy a rice cooker in case Amazon sells out.

I think this is a good deal because Tiger Rice cooker rarely goes on sale and Zojirushi always sell out (good alternative).
7 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
12182 posts
4555 upvotes
Toronto
Which Zojirushi is selling for $289 at Amazon? Do you have the link?
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Dec 15, 2017
616 posts
691 upvotes
Showing sold out on the website.
Losing your freedoms to covid is like losing free costco samples. Once they're gone, they're gone for good.
Nov 18, 2017
29 posts
15 upvotes
I will give a try if this is made in 90's Japan, but nowaday, there is no point paying double price for the made in 20's Japan any more
[OP]
Dec 2, 2016
31 posts
38 upvotes
My Tiger Rice cooker JKJ-V100 is still working and served my family well since moving from Japan. Unfortunately, the coating on the inner bowl is starting to wear out. Tiger makes really good rice cooker. The ultimate cook setting is the same as the umami rice cook setting. If it wasn't for the Japanese entry restrictions, we would have bought another rice cooker in Japan. This Tiger Rice cooker from The Bay will do for another 8-10 years.
[OP]
Dec 2, 2016
31 posts
38 upvotes
Looks like deal is dead. Tiger 5.5 cup is out of stock. The Bay removed the code for Zojirushi rice cookers. Only the 10 cup Tiger IH is available for Summer code.