Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Bay

Travelpro Maxlite 5 65% off

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2022 9:28 pm
[OP]
Jul 28, 2005
229 posts
368 upvotes

[The Bay] Travelpro Maxlite 5 65% off

The Bay has some Travelpro Maxlite 5 luggage pieces for 65% off until Dec. 13th:

Backpack: $52.50
https://www.thebay.com/product/travelpr ... olor=BLACK

Rolling 17.5-Inch Underseat: $59.50
https://www.thebay.com/product/travelpr ... 41595.html

Soft Tote Bag: $73.50
https://www.thebay.com/product/travelpr ... color=GREY

International 21.75-Inch Carry-On Spinner: $77
https://www.thebay.com/product/travelpr ... 41483.html

27-Inch Expandable Spinner: $87.50
https://www.thebay.com/product/travelpr ... 41484.html

31-Inch Expandable Spinner: $98
https://www.thebay.com/product/travelpr ... color=GREY

I assume it will be the same price in store. Free shipping on orders over $69 and in-store returns plus 1% through Rakuten.

Now I realize this luggage isn't for everyone as you can find cheaper pieces, but they are reasonably well-made, light and come with a limited lifetime warranty.

I have the international carry-on spinner and I believe it qualifies for carry dimensions for all airlines. I can attest that they were a pleasure to travel with compared to some of my lesser/cheaper luggage. Can't speak towards their longevity though.

I'm not sure on delivery times, but you could possibly take advantage of the e-gift card promo currently on too:
https://www.thebay.com/content/gift-car ... RD_DETAILS
I am...therefore I think :idea:
92 replies
Dec 10, 2003
273 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
Note that the carry on external specs are technically too big for Air Canada and WestJet policies.

WestJet
Maximum size
(length x height x width)
53 cm x 23 cm x 38 cm
(21 in. x 9 in. x 15 in.)

Air Canada

Maximum size
55 cm x 23 cm x 40 cm
(21.5in. x 9 in. x 15.5 in.)
Penalty Box
May 28, 2011
1607 posts
2318 upvotes
TO_girl wrote: Note that the carry on external specs are technically too big for Air Canada and WestJet policies.

WestJet
Maximum size
53 cm x 23 cm x 38 cm

Air Canada

Maximum size
55 cm x 23 cm x 40 cm
What about the 31 Inch one, for check-in baggage?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4259 posts
2831 upvotes
Ottawa
TO_girl wrote: Note that the carry on external specs are technically too big for Air Canada and WestJet policies.

WestJet
Maximum size
53 cm x 23 cm x 38 cm

Air Canada

Maximum size
55 cm x 23 cm x 40 cm
Total exterior dimensions including wheels and handles:15.75"W x 21.75"H x 7.75"D
Quarter inch
Penalty Box
May 28, 2011
1607 posts
2318 upvotes
I think this seems to be a very hot deal - this luggage brand has great reviews on Amazon.ca and ATLs for similar models are higher

Travel Pro Softside Maxlite 29" - $141, but averages around $220 in the recent year

Travel Pro 15" - recent ATL is $98. (smaller than the Bay 17.5")

Good reviews from RFD members in the past buying the previous generation from the same company: amazon-ca-hot-carry-travelpro-maxlite-5 ... #p30382622
Dec 25, 2006
221 posts
66 upvotes

WestJet
Maximum size
53 cm x 23 cm x 38 cm

Air Canada

Maximum size
55 cm x 23 cm x 40 cm
May be yes in spec. I have owned and used this 21inch carry on for last 3 and half years. Not a single problem with any airline so far (frequent with Air Canada, United, occasionally with Westjet, Delta, JAL).

In newer planes like Boeing 737 Max series, the luggage can be put on the side. On older planes it’s mostly ok to put on just wheels first. There was once it didn’t fit (Bombardier?) and the flight attendant had to put it wheels facing out. It was never needed to be on the long side.

The carry on is light enough and expandable. Perfect for the 3-5 days business trips I usually had. I would recommend it any day.
Ryzen 5600x | EVGA 3070 XC3 Ultra
Aug 5, 2008
765 posts
515 upvotes
Pratzy wrote: This carry on was not available for sale 3.5 years ago? I think the maxlite 5 set was released this year? Are you talking about a previous gen? What are the exact specs of the one you have on its sale page?
I think you are confusing Maxlite 5 with the new Maxlite Air line that came out this year. I bought my Maxlite 5 rollaboard in 2019.
Penalty Box
May 28, 2011
1607 posts
2318 upvotes
cutey130 wrote: I think you are confusing Maxlite 5 with the new Maxlite Air line that came out this year. I bought my Maxlite 5 rollaboard in 2019.
Yep, nvm what I said earlier.
Oct 16, 2010
163 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, I was looking to buy a carryon also picked up a suitcase. Can’t go wrong at this price for a reputable brand
Jun 29, 2009
206 posts
55 upvotes
Mississauga
Hot deal for me anyways, been looking for a replacement 21.5 spinner and a quality brand. I’d upvote you twice if I could 🤣
For $87 after tax and free shipping, this hit the mark by a long shot! No more rolling away on angles for me, Yay!
Oct 1, 2004
330 posts
52 upvotes
Mississauga
If you’re serious about carry-on only, the combo to get is maxlite rollerboard 20” with the tote. Rollerboard is a more efficient design for space over spinner and the tote has straps to slide over the luggage handle. Both are the max size you can carry-on, light and space efficient.
Penalty Box
May 28, 2011
1607 posts
2318 upvotes
Brian2k1 wrote: If you’re serious about carry-on only, the combo to get is maxlite rollerboard 20” with the tote. Rollerboard is a more efficient design for space over spinner and the tote has straps to slide over the luggage handle. Both are the max size you can carry-on, light and space efficient.
link?
Oct 1, 2004
330 posts
52 upvotes
Mississauga
The bay has the soft tote but not the 20” rollerboard atleast not on their website. I bought mine in-store at the bay over 5 years ago. Travelpro website has a sale going on right now but that’s typical with luggage. I’ve done several 3 week trips with carry-on only using this combo, it holds a lot if you carefully fold and pack. It’s not worth the risk going with the larger size some international airlines are much more diligent about checking size and weight. You see people getting away with oversized carryon bags often on westjet/air Canada but that’s not the norm everywhere.
Aug 7, 2021
9 posts
10 upvotes
Grabbed a 27in one. Thanks OP. I have a comparable model TravelPro and have been quite happy with it.
Oct 13, 2014
422 posts
720 upvotes
Toronto
Maybe wait to stack this with rakuten bonus tomorrow?
Apr 30, 2019
235 posts
85 upvotes
We have a trip booked for March for 2 adults and 5 kids. Wondering out loud here....With all the news of checked bag losses, we could ill afford to lose one bag. I'm thinking 7 carry on would suffice for 10 days and the checked bag fees saved would pay for at least new carry on bags.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
6952 posts
1033 upvotes
Toronto
Brian2k1 wrote: The bay has the soft tote but not the 20” rollerboard atleast not on their website. I bought mine in-store at the bay over 5 years ago. Travelpro website has a sale going on right now but that’s typical with luggage. I’ve done several 3 week trips with carry-on only using this combo, it holds a lot if you carefully fold and pack. It’s not worth the risk going with the larger size some international airlines are much more diligent about checking size and weight. You see people getting away with oversized carryon bags often on westjet/air Canada but that’s not the norm everywhere.
My last 2 domestic trips out of YYZ, AC was checking bags before security, some dude with a giant duffle bag was trying to make his case but they were having none of it.
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)