Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Bay

Watches sale ex: Seiko SRPF03K1 (OOS) Prospex "Samurai" 200m diver watch - 375$ (500$-25%) (also 5% rakuten)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2022 10:48 pm
Mar 30, 2013
440 posts
249 upvotes
Petawawa
Waiting for the day The Bay carries the Seiko GMT's...
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
coztex wrote: 4R36 is superior
Newer movements are nice, but the Samurai is one of the few remaining ISO certified dive watches that Seiko makes. $375 is a very good price for 2022 and this watch will hold its value and possibly increase over time.

I just can't recommend it as a daily wear watch for post people as it's too big and chunky.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
3581 posts
2795 upvotes
Pothole city
The new SSK00x? 595$ retail. 200$ extra for the GMT red hand compare to the other Seiko diver. They don't even show on Amazon yet. Sold out.
Jan 24, 2009
1473 posts
1178 upvotes
Montreal
Nubby666 wrote: Isnt it cheaper to just buy from jomashop?
Rule of thumb with Jomashop:

Take the US price of the watch and double it. That’s roughly what you will end up paying in CAD after shipping, duty and taxes.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2008
1203 posts
371 upvotes
Toronto
Just a note that Hamilton Khaki Auto is the larger variant, the 42mm so that instantly turned me off (My wrist size is roughly 7.2 inches) so I ended up getting a Seiko SRPG27 as a first watch.
Kurtz7834 wrote: Hamilton Khaki is $487.50 with the coupon, great watch and that's about as cheap as it ever gets in Canada.

https://www.thebay.com/product/hamilton ... 55850.html

Tissot PRX is also a great deal at $656.
https://www.thebay.com/product/tissot-t ... 96403.html

Both these watches will destroy the Seiko watches in terms of accuracy, fit and finish and quality control.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
aznblade wrote: Just a note that Hamilton Khaki Auto is the larger variant, the 42mm so that instantly turned me off (My wrist size is roughly 7.2 inches) so I ended up getting a Seiko SRPG27 as a first watch.
Good choice, I like that Seiko a lot, it's just a bit expensive for what you are getting even with the Bay coupon. But I've been spoiled with Aliexpress watch deals I guess.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
mrpricematch wrote: Waiting for the day The Bay carries the Seiko GMT's...
Why do you want a GMT? Honestly they are annoying to set and deal with, I have the Alpina Startimer Pilot Heritage GMT. I love the watch but it is a massive pain to set it, and no one needs a GMT complication in 2022.
Dec 30, 2017
752 posts
880 upvotes
GTA
Kurtz7834 wrote: Why do you want a GMT? Honestly they are annoying to set and deal with, I have the Alpina Startimer Pilot Heritage GMT. I love the watch but it is a massive pain to set it, and no one needs a GMT complication in 2022.
I think the seiko Gmt are pretty easy to set and deal with.
Aug 16, 2009
409 posts
386 upvotes
This or this for everyday wear? I have hard time choosing one. I'd like to buy the khaki but with the water resistance issues they have, it's not worth the risk..
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
akilana wrote: This or this for everyday wear? I have hard time choosing one. I'd like to buy the khaki but with the water resistance issues they have, it's not worth the risk..
I think the SRPE57K1F is a bit more unique, so I'd pick that one. But they are both good choices for daily wear.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2009
1473 posts
1178 upvotes
Montreal
McGarnagle wrote: 25% off code also works on Hamiltons and Tissot (the PRX series) too if you're into those
Hmmm blue PRX100 with leather strap is $618 before tax. Not bad. Tempting.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
3581 posts
2795 upvotes
Pothole city
akilana wrote: This or this for everyday wear? I have hard time choosing one. I'd like to buy the khaki but with the water resistance issues they have, it's not worth the risk..
They are 39mm. A bit on the small side even on my small wrist. You can either go in the store. They usually have a lot of the Seiko 5 series on display. Also to get to the 25%, you need >500$.
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
typer100 wrote: They are 39mm. A bit on the small side even on my small wrist. You can either go in the store. They usually have a lot of the Seiko 5 series on display. Also to get to the 25%, you need >500$.
I have an 8" plus wrist and although I can wear huge watches like Invicta Grand Diver (47mm), I also regularly wear 40mm watches and they look fine. YMMV.
Sep 18, 2004
511 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto ON
Kurtz7834 wrote: This watch (Seiko Samural) is ISO certified, you will never see sapphire crystal on a 'real' certified dive watch as it is too brittle and shatter prone.
https://www.marathonwatch.com/collectio ... matic-gsar
CRYSTAL TYPE: Sapphire
The Marathon Search & Rescue Diver’s Automatic is a dive watch built to ISO 6425 standards.
edit: others I've found using sapphire are Deep Blue, Sinn, Tissot, Omega, etc
Last edited by xenyz on Sep 16th, 2022 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 10, 2010
75 posts
124 upvotes
Mississauga
Don't forget 5% Rakuten. Khaki Field Day Date Auto Watch H70555533 sold out!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
8474 posts
4467 upvotes
Canuckland
Kurtz7834 wrote: Good choice, I like that Seiko a lot, it's just a bit expensive for what you are getting even with the Bay coupon. But I've been spoiled with Aliexpress watch deals I guess.
Sure fakes and Franken watches
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2006
1272 posts
445 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote: Why do you want a GMT? Honestly they are annoying to set and deal with, I have the Alpina Startimer Pilot Heritage GMT. I love the watch but it is a massive pain to set it, and no one needs a GMT complication in 2022.
If you work in IT, a GMT is useful for telling UTC time as most system log files are UTC timestamped. Or if part of your development team is in Europe or Asia, it is useful to know what time it is in their part of the world to schedule meetings. Another use is for travelling when you may want to quickly lookup the hour back home.

To be honest, no one needs an automatic watch in 2022. A battery powered GMT (or any other watch) is far more useful not having to have to wind up and re-set the watch every time you want to use a different watch on rotation. IMO, the fussiness of automatic winding goes counter against watch collection for those that really use all their watches.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
-zip- wrote: Even in the picture the rotating bezel is misaligned. I own an Alpinist and a PADI Prospex diver. Seiko quality needs improvement. If you buy it, go to the store and check out the watch for QC before you take it home.
It's not even misaligned, you're full of crap or have OCD.
Last edited by thelasthunter on Sep 17th, 2022 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
For Sale:
Mar 13, 2022
52 posts
129 upvotes
Does it come with a filled warranty card?
I can found several (but not all) The Bay franchises on Longines authorized dealer list, but not sure which will take the shipment.
Anyway, in for 3k Longines Moonphase, will update the warranty concern once received.

Update 9/18
The discount worked on Longines moonphase, and came out a bit over 3k with Rakuten extra 5%, which is not bad (you can find similar price in Van outlet with legit AD warranty). The Bay shipped the watch from somewhere not on Longines' AD list. Wait and see if the warranty card is valid.
I can see The Bay cancelled some orders, might because of limited quantity.
Last edited by FunnyMudPee on Sep 18th, 2022 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)