Expired Hot Deals

[The Bay] Zojirushi 2020 Pressure Rice Cooker 10% off + 7.5% Rakuten, Bay Points

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2020 4:45 pm
[OP]
Nov 26, 2016
161 posts
122 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[The Bay] Zojirushi 2020 Pressure Rice Cooker 10% off + 7.5% Rakuten, Bay Points

I didn't end up buying this one 5.5-Cup Stainless Steel Pressure IH Rice Cooker ZO-NP-NWC10XB but if you've had your eye on this for a while, now seems to be the time:
Yes, I'm Asian but decided to try the Cuckoo one on sale via Amazon this time to replace my 15yr old old IH zojirushi 3cup which still works great but inner pot is losing the coating.

569.99 regular price w/ 10% discount
$512.99 - 7.5% rakuten = $474.53 pre-taxes
614 Bay Points estimated on the page (no idea what that converts to, maybe $3?)

This replaced the NP-NVC10 which had scorched rice but now gains some other settings for steel cut oats etc and color scheme is now silver instead of brown.

If you don't understand why your $20 or $100 rice cooker isn't was good as these ones, no need to convince you. :) Doesn't take away fact that it's 10% off (lowest on Amazon Keepa so far), another 7.5% cash back, plus Bay points or your credit card CB right now.
Last edited by 604ray on Dec 27th, 2020 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
19 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2807 posts
4331 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Half a grand for a rice cooker. Pass.
Even my Uncle Roger doesnt use these fancy ones.
Aug 4, 2008
114 posts
56 upvotes
stovetop wrote: Half a grand for a rice cooker. Pass.
Even my Uncle Roger doesnt use these fancy ones.
Every time a Zojirushi goes on special, it's followed by 100 messages on how someones 20$ pot works just the same. It doesn't. For those that like rice and eat it often, nothing compares to a Zojirushi.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2807 posts
4331 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
lachinois wrote:
Every time a Zojirushi goes on special, it's followed by 100 messages on how someones 20$ pot works just the same. It doesn't. For those that like rice and eat it often, nothing compares to a Zojirushi.
I have a zojirushi that I bought at T&T for $99.99..made in Thailand...cooks my rice fine. I love rice.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2801 posts
2751 upvotes
lachinois wrote: Every time a Zojirushi goes on special, it's followed by 100 messages on how someones 20$ pot works just the same. It doesn't. For those that like rice and eat it often, nothing compares to a Zojirushi.
That's because people don't know what's a rice cooker. Most have been cooking uncle bens rice with stove pots.
Oct 3, 2018
81 posts
115 upvotes
lachinois wrote: Every time a Zojirushi goes on special, it's followed by 100 messages on how someones 20$ pot works just the same. It doesn't. For those that like rice and eat it often, nothing compares to a Zojirushi.
We've had our 10-cup Zojirushi rice cooker since 2006 and it's used every day and still going strong. That's 15 years use of a made in Japan appliance. It makes fluffy rice, and it's super easy to use for harder grains like glutinous rice. We use it sometimes to make oatmeal, where we load up the machine at night and it's ready in the morning.

We've also had the $20 rice cooker, and that lasted less than 2 years.

If you only eat rice once in a while it's hard to justify the cost. When we travel in our van we make rice in a regular pot over a butane gas stove and it works good. We just have to watch that the pot doesn't boil over, and that the flame is on simmer so that the rice doesn't get hard at the bottom and burn.

With the Zojirushi, it never burns the rice, never overflows, makes rice perfect every time. Just make sure with either a regular pot or the Zojirushi you rinse the rice several times to get rid of the starch, then fill the container with enough water and cook.

Make sure you get the version that's made in Japan.

**** Update. For those of you who have had their rice cooker for a long time, the coating on the bowl can flake off (probably Teflon, will probably be the cause of my early death). You can get replacement parts here. But be warned, the pricing is high, and you may consider the flakes aren't so bad once you see the price.

https://www.bceservices.ca/Admin/BuySel ... 1&subcat=1

Beaver Creek Electronics
155 East Beaver Creek Rd
Unit 17
Richmond Hill, ON, L4B 2N1
(905) 731-1872
1 (855) 588-1872 (Toll Free)
(905) 731-8034 (Fax)
Last edited by rfd222222 on Dec 28th, 2020 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2801 posts
2751 upvotes
604ray wrote: I didn't end up buying this one 5.5-Cup Stainless Steel Pressure IH Rice Cooker ZO-NP-NWC10XB but if you've had your eye on this for a while, now seems to be the time:
Yes, I'm Asian but decided to try the Cuckoo one on sale via Amazon this time to replace my old IH zojirushi 3cup which still works fine but inner pot is losing the coating.

This replaced the NP-NVC10 which had scorched rice but now gains some other settings for steel cut oats etc and color scheme is now silver instead of brown.
Zojirushi is a quality brand, their made in japan rice cooker can last a lifetime.

We had been using the neuro fuzzy logic one and got it when it first came out. It's still running today... Think that is well over 15 years now.

Don't cheap out and buy right the first time. Buy a Zojirushi made in Japan rice cooker.
Dec 2, 2020
45 posts
21 upvotes
Calgary
I will buy Cuckoo rice cooker rather than this one too.

People tend to overestimate Japanese stuff. Yes, Japanese products are very solid and good enough for most users, but outdated compared to especially Korean appliance.

Like Sony, Panasonic vs Samsung, LG. Easy. You will understand what I'm saying.
Apr 14, 2010
14 posts
4 upvotes
Waterloo
I've tried to keep it for a long time, but the coating just started to come off a bit on my pot, so now... I've had it about 10 years. I guess I have to buy a new one? Can't seem to find anything reliable for buying a replacement pot that will fit and not fall apart quickly. I'd be happy to get a ceramic insert even, I don't really care, it just feels super wasteful that these well made appliances have a guaranteed failure point.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
5085 posts
702 upvotes
Also have a neuro fuzzy thats over 10 years old and working fine, replaced it with the same model this year due to the inner pot peeling.

Does anyone know where to buy replacement inner pots without it costing a fortune? Last I checked i found the inner pot basically at the same price as a replacement unit that was on sale.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14978 posts
6344 upvotes
Ottawa
jamieson604 wrote: I'm pretty sure T&T sells this rice cooker for half the price
Huh, it's not the same model. OP is pressure cooking model
Rich or poor, paying full price for anything is for suckers. Be an informed purchaser by searching RFD for the all-time-low price.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2015
1367 posts
424 upvotes
604ray wrote: I didn't end up buying this one 5.5-Cup Stainless Steel Pressure IH Rice Cooker ZO-NP-NWC10XB but if you've had your eye on this for a while, now seems to be the time:
Yes, I'm Asian but decided to try the Cuckoo one on sale via Amazon this time to replace my old IH zojirushi 3cup which still works fine but inner pot is losing the coating.

You kinda wonder where the coating in the pot went? Part of your meal at some point.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2773 posts
5482 upvotes
I have the older model, it cooks very good rice but is very limited in what it can do. 90% of people would probably be better served with a non pressure cooking model, or one without the limitations of these Zoji ones (beans, soft foods, etc.)
Aug 2, 2018
33 posts
38 upvotes
The only reason why you want to get this one over the less expensive models is for the pressure. Its supposed to cook rice a lot faster. In terms of the quality of the rice out of the zojirushis between all the models I would says they should be about all the same. (This is from my experience eating rice from a 3 different zojirushi rice cookers) But the quality if definitely a cut above other normal rice cookers.
[OP]
Nov 26, 2016
161 posts
122 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
My 15yr old Zoji IH model still makes great rice but the coating peeling, plus it's a 3cup with my 2 growing kids is why I'm finally upgrading instead of getting a new pot that was $80-100.

Decided to try Cuckoo this time due to the fact the front panel on this new Zoji still looks like it's from the 90's. However, reliability and consistent perfect rice has been proven with Zoji. I do have an Instant Pot but rice doesn't even come close and it's not as convenient.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
12711 posts
21927 upvotes
wra45mon wrote: You kinda wonder where the coating in the pot went? Part of your meal at some point.
I call that pepper
Jun 22, 2009
406 posts
199 upvotes
Santabuddy wrote: I will buy Cuckoo rice cooker rather than this one too.

People tend to overestimate Japanese stuff. Yes, Japanese products are very solid and good enough for most users, but outdated compared to especially Korean appliance.

Like Sony, Panasonic vs Samsung, LG. Easy. You will understand what I'm saying.
Isn't Sony a8h tv still considered the best terms of pictures quality? In comparison to LG Q9 or CX model?
Oct 24, 2006
16 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Pressure + IH is much better than IH alone
I have a Zoji pressure +IH, it makes the best home cooked rice