Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Bay

Zojirushi NP-NWC18XB 10 Cup Pressure IH Rice Cooker $539.99 or $485.99 with Bay Rewards VIP Code

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2022 5:08 pm
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7596 posts
4405 upvotes
Toronto
With this rice cooker, you can put the cheapest rice in and it will come out tasting like the most highend rice you've ever eaten. Think of all the money you can save buying cheap rice
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2681 posts
2216 upvotes
YYZ
AdilN wrote: I've got one of these, and honestly I'll say objectively that it doesn't make any better tasting rice than any other machine I've used tbh

Quickest setting also still takes longer than you'd expect

But it plays nice music on start and stop so there's that Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
if you eat rice often there IS a difference between this and a 40$ rice cooker. If you can't i honestly believe that you just dont eat rice enough.

now is it worth 500$? thats up to you.

Is spending 2x on a car worth the price when you get from point A to B in the same way?
Licensed Full Service Realtor
Nov 22, 2018
77 posts
138 upvotes
I love my zojiroshi, but this price is a bit **** nuts lol. I've looked at the one I've got (the NS-ZCC10) and somehow the price is now 337$. I absolutely love it, and it makes amazing rice, but... I don't think you should buy these for that price. If you want a rice cooker, I'm sure you could find decent one for under 100$. As much as love mine I don't think these prices are good personally. If you've got the budget for it though, they're definitely amazing.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2007
1029 posts
547 upvotes
Vancouver
stwan001 wrote: Hard to quantify if you don't eat a lot of rice. But what is KD like compared to pasta from a good Italian resto?
You’d have to compare KD to KD but made at a restaurant.

The rice itself is the same so I’m not sure this comparison works.

But there really is a difference just hard to explain.

I went from one of those $20 black and deckers to their 5 cup ($200 one) and it’s been great. We eat rice almost daily so it gets its use.

Waiting for that to die before upgrading probably never lol
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2011
1028 posts
680 upvotes
If you can't tell rice between Instant Pot and this, that's fair. There are people who can't tell the difference between $20 and $500 headphones. Same with the people who can't tell 720p vs 4k. It's all based on experience. I'd pay more for a good rice cooker if you're eating it often.
Photography.
RedFlagDeals - Brea
self promotion is not allowed on RFD
Apr 16, 2022
10 posts
10 upvotes
Melkor wrote: I'm not in the market for a rice cooker, but just wanted to chime in with my Zojirushi experience. I purchased a 5.3l Made in Japan water boiler last year as we were sick of our kettles dying ever year or so and we couldn't be happier with the product. Exceptional quality thus far. We absolutely love it!
Which kettle did u buy? No issues with the 120V outlet here in canada?
May 2, 2017
57 posts
80 upvotes
tfong010 wrote: Best rice cooker money can buy. There is no better!!!!!!
This is not true, there are around 10 rice cookers in japan that are over 1000$ USD that are supposed to emulate charcoal stove rice. I had a friend that was in the food industry try them out at a convention there and those are on a whole other level in terms of umami and texture. I don't find the rice from this to be noticeably better than the neurofuzzy stuff from zojiriushi though, so I doubt I would care for the difference between the pressure cook and the real high end ones though someone professional most likely can tell the difference.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
1169 posts
384 upvotes
calgary
tfong010 wrote: Best rice cooker money can buy. There is no better!!!!!!
i would believe if you cook rice then become fried rice
Oct 18, 2012
369 posts
501 upvotes
OTTAWA
Lmfao, so many ignorant people in this thread. It's like buying a $500 espresso maker. No problem. Rice cooker? Too expensive.

Rice is made better in higher-end better technology rice cookers. It's worth it for people who eat rice on a daily basis sometimes 2-3 times a day. You can also use it to make porridge, bread and among other things. The possibilities are endless.

People that never experienced luxury things complain and bitch but there are some things that are well made.

Would I buy this rice cooker? Sure, rice is a staple in my family. We got over 100 bags of rice in our basement. Bulk buy when on sale.
Feb 6, 2017
262 posts
559 upvotes
ForbiddenX wrote: You’d have to compare KD to KD but made at a restaurant.

The rice itself is the same so I’m not sure this comparison works.

But there really is a difference just hard to explain.

I went from one of those $20 black and deckers to their 5 cup ($200 one) and it’s been great. We eat rice almost daily so it gets its use.

Waiting for that to die before upgrading probably never lol
I feel the same, I finally bought one and was pissed, I missed out on great tasting well made rice for so many years.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
5818 posts
5785 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
doopderp wrote: Which kettle did u buy? No issues with the 120V outlet here in canada?
I bought this one.

I lied, it's only 5l not 5.3l. No issues, it has a north American plug.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
28706 posts
9295 upvotes
Hamilton
SquareCube wrote: Lmfao, so many ignorant people in this thread. It's like buying a $500 espresso maker. No problem. Rice cooker? Too expensive.

Rice is made better in higher-end better technology rice cookers. It's worth it for people who eat rice on a daily basis sometimes 2-3 times a day. You can also use it to make porridge, bread and among other things. The possibilities are endless.

People that never experienced luxury things complain and bitch but there are some things that are well made.

Would I buy this rice cooker? Sure, rice is a staple in my family. We got over 100 bags of rice in our basement. Bulk buy when on sale.
Spot on

Good rice cooker is key

Sold out now anyways.
hated on but respected.
Nov 30, 2018
585 posts
577 upvotes
Toronto, ON
People still eat rice?
Jun 29, 2022
42 posts
79 upvotes
Although I'll stick to my $15 black & decker, this is appearantly the rolls royce of rice cookers. Iykyk.
Oct 18, 2022
22 posts
196 upvotes
Love my higher end cuckoo. You can really taste the difference and it's worth the pricetag if you eat rice often. It comes out so moist and bouncy in less time than traditional rice cookers.

Zojirushi is also a reliable brand so I don't doubt it'll be the same or better ☺️
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
1375 posts
2742 upvotes
eloragorgeous wrote: Although I'll stick to my $15 black & decker, this is appearantly the rolls royce of rice cookers. Iykyk.
While I would not recommend buying this Zojirushi cooker unless you have too much money and need to impress your in-laws , I wouldn't waste my money on a Black & Decker cooker either. A decent rice cooker can be had for ~ $100 with timer functions, multiple settings and maybe even some neuro fuzzy AI if you wait for them to go on sale.

The factors which influence the taste of rice most are 1) (you guessed it!) The quality of the rice you use 2) the quality of the water you cook it with 3) The amount of water used and cooking time.

You can still achieve very good results if you are skilled at cooking rice just using a pot. Cookers just make things a bit more convenient and fool proof.
Last edited by 6060842 on Nov 13th, 2022 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 23, 2015
408 posts
457 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
One thing to consider if you live in BC or provinces outside of Ontario is that there aren't any authorized repair centers. The internal battery isn't really user replaceable without soldering so once mine died I've used it without time programming for years, but would love to get the feature back. Also, rice cooking has gotten more inconsistent with it through the years (same rice and water quantity produces different texture on different batches). I might replace it at some point but it still mostly works after 8 years, but I wish I could service it.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2017
1248 posts
1843 upvotes
Ontario
People in this thread that saw the price and want it's for in the title but no plans to buy it, yes your $30 pot is fine to make rice, yes rice looks simple yet cooking it with better techniques makes it taste better, yes your 95 Honda Civic also gets you from A to B like a Porsche, yes you need that last years Apple Watch for $400 to check your heart beat. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2081 posts
5311 upvotes
Vancouver
$500+ for a rice cooker?! What's next a car that cost over $22,000?!, a cellphone that cost more than $180?!, or a hamburger that cost more than $2.50?!!
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
4224 posts
3055 upvotes
Montreal
Snob galore lol.

Here is somebody who actually tested them back to back.