Expired Hot Deals

[The Bay] Zwilling J.A. Henckels 3-piece Four Star Knife set w/ 2 Marquina pans - $147.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2019 11:57 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
5534 posts
2715 upvotes

[The Bay] Zwilling J.A. Henckels 3-piece Four Star Knife set w/ 2 Marquina pans - $147.99

ebates is currently 5% as well.

Images
  • Capture.JPG
Last edited by 9394 on May 15th, 2019 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9673 posts
2363 upvotes
Are these Henckels a better quality than other Henckels?

We bought a whole set of 6 for about $250 I think.
Jul 20, 2016
973 posts
493 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote:
May 15th, 2019 8:27 am
Are these Henckels a better quality than other Henckels?

We bought a whole set of 6 for about $250 I think.
They have multiple lines and even different brands.

Zwilling JA Henckels are normally (if not all) made in Germany, Henckels International are mostly made in China (maybe some made in Spain) -

edit: Just to clarify a few points:

Zwilling JA Henckels (2 dudes logo - zwilling is twin in german) is the premium brand, most of its knives are made in Germany, and some in Spain (they might have some made in Japan, but I think it'll carry the miyabi brand) - They make both forged and stamped knives, and I think all of them are full tang. (mini edit: Clearly not, as this thread's four star is partial tang)

JA Henckels International (1 dude holding a halberd?) value brand, (most of its) knives are made in China or Spain. Some are made in those countries using the German Steel from the premium brand, others probably using a different steel. They make both forged and stamped, full tang and molded handle.
Last edited by neonic on May 15th, 2019 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
2618 posts
481 upvotes
Toronto
They frying pan set alone was $80 at the henckels warehouse sale
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
5534 posts
2715 upvotes
Murkdx wrote:
May 15th, 2019 8:53 am
So tempting...
I know, I don't need another Chef's knife...
Jun 24, 2015
176 posts
94 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
buy now, return later if there are better deals :)

but the pans itself is $130 so i think its a good deal!
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1613 posts
605 upvotes
neonic wrote:
May 15th, 2019 8:37 am

Zwilling JA Henckels are normally (if not all) made in Germany, Henckels International are mostly made in China (maybe some made in Spain) -
What is quality of Spain vs Germany? I have a Spain one that looks almost the same (different brand).
Jul 20, 2016
973 posts
493 upvotes
Toronto
slimysnot wrote:
May 15th, 2019 9:40 am
What is quality of Spain vs Germany? I have a Spain one that looks almost the same (different brand).
Sorry, my post was a bit vague, you certainly can get good quality knives made in Spain, or in China, or pretty much anywhere - It isn't much up to the manufacturing location, rather its materials, techniques, qc...
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
2367 posts
1970 upvotes
GTA
I bought this exact set of knives, for me the 8" chef is too light weight.

Not to crap on this thread, but....
I would buy the 7" Pro from Williams, the 11" Rock fry pan from No frills and the Vic 4" paring from Amazon, all for $95 and call it a good day

Pro : https://www.williamsfoodequipment.com/z ... -38401-181 ($10 off email sign up takes care of shipping)
Rock: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/no-frill ... #p30924658
Vic: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B005LR ... JYOG&psc=1
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9673 posts
2363 upvotes
neonic wrote:
May 15th, 2019 8:37 am

edit: Just to clarify a few points:

Zwilling JA Henckels (2 dudes logo - zwilling is twin in german) is the premium brand, most of its knives are made in Germany, and some in Spain (they might have some made in Japan, but I think it'll carry the miyabi brand) - They make both forged and stamped knives, and I think all of them are full tang. (mini edit: Clearly not, as this thread's four star is partial tang)

JA Henckels International (1 dude holding a halberd?) value brand, (most of its) knives are made in China or Spain. Some are made in those countries using the German Steel from the premium brand, others probably using a different steel. They make both forged and stamped, full tang and molded handle.
Thank you!
Jan 22, 2014
110 posts
43 upvotes
Guelph
For me the only thing I will find pretty useful is the 7 inch knife... others are just useless
May 30, 2016
66 posts
88 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Damm this is a good deal. I already have these knives though.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2005
1584 posts
459 upvotes
Can't comment on the knives, but I really like the pans.
They're usually sold around the Dec Bay days one day sales for $59.99 for the set of two pans