Hollandia Pilsner THE BEER STORE Ontario 24 x 440ml cans - $41.95

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 8th, 2021 8:40 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Nov 27, 2020
140 posts
352 upvotes

[The Beer Store] Hollandia Pilsner THE BEER STORE Ontario 24 x 440ml cans - $41.95

Deal Link:
Price:
$41.95
Retailer:
The Beer Store
More offers from The Beer Store
Shame about the smaller size can but the price is very good in any case. Bring on the beer snobs! Happy to give them yet another forum to perpetuate their stereotype.
Last edited by deals4realz on May 5th, 2021 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
50 replies
Dec 24, 2017
838 posts
1835 upvotes
lel
Don't forget there may be a chance to stock up on some buckabeer this month on the may long weekend.

Though quality is getting crappy, I think only no name was available last time, and I don't like to support that wage theif
Koodo $45 - 4GB +1GB bonus (retention deal). S9 for $360-150 GC
Good toilet paper/paper towel deals
Apr 7, 2014
75 posts
38 upvotes
ON
deals4realz wrote: Shame about the smaller size can but the price is very good in any case. Bring on the beer snobs! Happy to give them yet another forum to perpetuate their stereotype.
Beer snobs are the worst - great price on a great beer!
Dec 14, 2004
858 posts
143 upvotes
Waterloo
Pingalino wrote: Don't forget there may be a chance to stock up on some buckabeer this month on the may long weekend.

Though quality is getting crappy, I think only no name was available last time, and I don't like to support that wage theif
There will be according to my LCBO sources. I can’t remember for sure but I think they told me the import deal will be Henninger.
Dec 24, 2007
315 posts
494 upvotes
under tall pines
^^any idea what time the prices change online? i'd like to get some for delivery to my store. i'm assuming it will go on sale the 14th but have never noticed what time the prices switch
Mar 15, 2013
708 posts
377 upvotes
Fredericton
Good find OP but I think you need to change the title to “The Beer Store”. Do not mean disrupt thread but definitely not a beer snob, so here is another sale I have noticed at the beer store. I think maybe a thread on the first one.

1. Carlsberg Lite 500ml X 24 $49.95
https://www.thebeerstore.ca/beers/carlsberg-lite/
2. Bavaria 500ml X 24 $48.95
https://www.thebeerstore.ca/beers/bavaria-premium-beer/
Last edited by gmoney506 on May 6th, 2021 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 22, 2007
79 posts
52 upvotes
Kingston
TrueToy wrote: ^^any idea what time the prices change online? i'd like to get some for delivery to my store. i'm assuming it will go on sale the 14th but have never noticed what time the prices switch
Keep an eye on LCBO Beer Watch.
Aug 28, 2007
206 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
Even with the smaller cans, it's still a pretty good deal.

about 0.405c/ml
For reference, Lowenbrau, at 473 ml for $2/can (best regular price single tall can deal) is about 0.423c/ml.
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10462 posts
1786 upvotes
I don't see the outrage when people buy 3+ dollars a can beer... let people drink whatever they want.

it's absolutely ridiculous that lowering limit of beer selling price can be such a controversy topic.
Nov 24, 2019
85 posts
107 upvotes
anzyxx wrote: Is it popular in Holland?
Lmao I have never seen this beer in Holland and I lived there for 25 years. This would probably be considered a no-name/off-brand beer and the only grocery store I'd see stocking it is Lidl. Having said that, it doesn't mean quality is bad. Just not up to par with the likes of Heineken, Jupiler, Grolsch, Hertog Jan etc. (But not Bavaria, because &^%$ that wastewater tasting disgrace of a beer in particular).
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2445 posts
1887 upvotes
kingofwale wrote: I don't see the outrage when people buy 3+ dollars a can beer... let people drink whatever they want.

it's absolutely ridiculous that lowering limit of beer selling price can be such a controversy topic.
But, but, Fordman bad. Must remind people Fordman bad. If I don't say Fordman bad people may enjoy anything Fordman does which is bad. Fordman is the devil. Fordman must be stopped.

I got a couple cases of No Name Beer left from the last sale which should be gone by May 24, then I just gotta stock up on half dozen cases for the remainder of summer. Everytime I gotta buy normal beer at like $40 a case my wallet cringes vs the 24...really wish there was some brands that were better in the low 30s high 20s a case but taxes the way they are there's not too much room for many. Keep hoping sin taxes will go down but I think with the finances the way they are there's no chance.
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4134 posts
3640 upvotes
No Bum Deals
If it tastes okay why not right? Still, not my cup of tea.

<polite snob mode off>
Fake, inflated, paid, and other forms of scammy news and reviews run rampant. A world drenched in online deceit, spiraling into oblivion.
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
10442 posts
4550 upvotes
Decent beer, but my favorite is still the Faxe Premium for $48 for 24 x 500ml at the Beer Store, regular price.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9117 posts
7160 upvotes
Kitchener
kingofwale wrote: I don't see the outrage when people buy 3+ dollars a can beer... let people drink whatever they want.

Maybe because it's STUPID and didn't actually accomplish anything (other than getting some votes from easily fooled people)? Why not just allow FREE beer? Legislating beer prices down to $1/beer would be quite different (we all love taxpayer funded beer subsidies). Before "Buck-a-beer" I could buy a 24 pack of Sleeman's for $30, however after "Buck-a-beer" it's now $40, maybe you can understand why I say that it's really stupid? I don't really care that beer prices have gone up across the board, but obviously PROMOTING lower beer prices and then not legislating them doesn't help anybody and is very disingenuous.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2015
1204 posts
936 upvotes
Durham Region
Rob_EV wrote: Maybe because it's STUPID and didn't actually accomplish anything (other than getting some votes from easily fooled people)? Why not just allow FREE beer? Legislating beer prices down to $1/beer would be quite different (we all love taxpayer funded beer subsidies). Before "Buck-a-beer" I could buy a 24 pack of Sleeman's for $30, however after "Buck-a-beer" it's now $40, maybe you can understand why I say that it's really stupid? I don't really care that beer prices have gone up across the board, but obviously PROMOTING lower beer prices and then not legislating them doesn't help anybody and is very disingenuous.
Buck a beer made a case of sleeman go up $10... rigggght
Nov 29, 2020
143 posts
418 upvotes
Great price!

On the other side...

<beer snob hat on>

While it actually tastes ok, don't drink too much of it. Last time when I had 8 of those in one night I woke up with a super major hangover and had to take a bunch of tylenol. Never happens when I drink 8 Bavarias or DABs which are priced very close to it (at least here in Quebec).

</beer snob hat off>
Last edited by DennisS85384 on May 5th, 2021 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2005
4047 posts
319 upvotes
Only in Canada would we complain about paying less for beer ahha. Great deal on a good beer!
Ephemera

Member since 2005.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9117 posts
7160 upvotes
Kitchener
networksend wrote: Buck a beer made a case of sleeman go up $10... rigggght
In reality it didn't do ANYTHING to lower beer prices. Beer prices have actually INCREASED since this policy was implemented (just like electricity prices have INCREASED since the announced 12% decrease was supposed to take effect). Obviously this is not the reason beer prices have increased, but at the same time has done absolutely nothing to lower them.
Last edited by Rob_EV on May 5th, 2021 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.