Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Brick

Arcade1up Street Fighter II Big Blue with stool - $499.95

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2022 9:05 am
[OP]
Oct 9, 2007
23 posts
18 upvotes
Brampton

[The Brick] Arcade1up Street Fighter II Big Blue with stool - $499.95

Missed the last sale and been looking every day since. Found on sale again at The Brick this morning and jumped on it. This is one of the models that runs android and can be modded with RetroArch.
42 replies
Jun 28, 2018
59 posts
167 upvotes
Markham
The kid in me really wants this, but I already spent too much this year building a PC.
Aug 15, 2022
374 posts
440 upvotes
Anyone know if soft-modding the cabinet would void the 3-year Signature Extended warranty (additional $89)?

I'm mostly worried about the wear and tear on the joystick and buttons. I suppose you can always reset it to factory settings if a technician ever has to come over....
Last edited by Huey952 on Dec 21st, 2022 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Oct 9, 2007
23 posts
18 upvotes
Brampton
I've soft modded my Simpsons cabinet and it is completely reversible and undetectable afterwards. You just factory default from the android menu.
Aug 15, 2022
374 posts
440 upvotes
Thanks OP.

I bit the bullet and ordered one for pickup with the 3-year extended warranty for an extra $89. I know people who've had different 1UpArcade machines where the joystick started to behave funny after a year's worth of usage.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1945 posts
932 upvotes
Scarborough
Huey952 wrote: Thanks OP.

I bit the bullet and ordered one for pickup with the 3-year extended warranty for an extra $89. I know people who've had different 1UpArcade machines where the joystick started to behave funny after a year's worth of usage.
but isn't that when you want to upgrade to a sanwa? i have the msvx and wanted to upgrade joystick and buttons since day one..
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6822 posts
3132 upvotes
Canada
Included stool sweetens the deal. Almost tempted ...
Nov 26, 2018
446 posts
441 upvotes
still waiting for the Atgames legend ultimate sale. someone said there was going to be one, but BF and CM passed without any deals :(
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2004
3182 posts
1530 upvotes
Huey952 wrote: Anyone know if soft-modding the cabinet would void the 3-year Signature Extended warranty (additional $89)?

I'm mostly worried about the wear and tear on the joystick and buttons. I suppose you can always reset it to factory settings if a technician ever has to come over....
Tbh if there is wear and tear on the buttons/stick when that happens, it’s just a good excuse to upgrade them while you’re at it. Parts are pretty cheap online for much better quality parts.
Aug 15, 2022
374 posts
440 upvotes
konig1 wrote: still waiting for the Atgames legend ultimate sale. someone said there was going to be one, but BF and CM passed without any deals :(
I recall this being mentioned as well. Would you or anyone know if the emulation via CoinOpsX is better than that of Retroarch? Just trying to get an idea of which machine would present the more realistic arcade experience not only in terms of hardware but also software. Thx.

If the AtGames Legends Ultimate does go on sale on Boxing Day, we can always cancel this one for that.
Last edited by Huey952 on Dec 21st, 2022 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aug 15, 2022
374 posts
440 upvotes
CensoredByRFD wrote: Tbh if there is wear and tear on the buttons/stick when that happens, it’s just a good excuse to upgrade them while you’re at it. Parts are pretty cheap online for much better quality parts.
I suppose, however for the "lazy man", 3 years of service could also bring piece of mind with little hassle. The upgraded components could always be upgraded at any time after that.
Mar 17, 2015
318 posts
245 upvotes
Winnipeg
Huey952 wrote: I'm mostly worried about the wear and tear on the joystick and buttons.
I'm pretty sure you could get a full set of replacement sanwa parts for less than the cost of the warranty.

I have no idea how self serviceable these arcade boxes are, but have 2 fightsticks and arcade parts are pretty much plug and play, click it into place and connect the wire.
Nov 26, 2018
446 posts
441 upvotes
Huey952 wrote: I recall this being mentioned as well. Would you or anyone know if the emulation via CoinOpsX is better than that of Retroarch? Just trying to get an idea of which machine would present the more realistic arcade experience not only in terms of hardware but also software. Thx.

If the AtGames Legends Ultimate does go on sale on Boxing Day, we can always cancel this one for that.
I can't tell you how coinopsx behaves on the legend ultimate (as i don't have one, yet :). but afaik, it streams from you PC through the atgames app. i downloaded a standalone version of coinops arcade pack to my pc and stream it to my tv via nvidia shield. experience has been great!

legends ultimate, i know won't be able to emulate 3d games like nfl blitz or killer instinct, but my pc handles it fine.
Nov 15, 2006
721 posts
452 upvotes
Toronto
Need to speed up my basement Reno project for this…
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
4539 posts
3462 upvotes
Edmonton
Uberclk wrote: but isn't that when you want to upgrade to a sanwa? i have the msvx and wanted to upgrade joystick and buttons since day one..
CensoredByRFD wrote: Tbh if there is wear and tear on the buttons/stick when that happens, it’s just a good excuse to upgrade them while you’re at it. Parts are pretty cheap online for much better quality parts.
To me, the stock joystick (Sanwa clone) on the Big Blue actually isn't terrible. It's not exactly arcade quality, but definitely not as bad as the joysticks in the earlier A1Up cabs. I can pull of shoryukens consistently with the stock stick.

But if you're used to the sticks in American arcades (IL/Happ), the Sanwa-style stick will initially feel like a toy and will take a little while to get used to due to differences in attributes like spring tension and engage distances.

The stock buttons though are not good and feels quite mushy to me.

As mentioned by others, it's fairly inexpensive and straightforward to replace the joysticks and buttons:

Apr 19, 2006
390 posts
120 upvotes
Would this be a better unit to softmod vs the Simpsons cab that's on sale right now as well? Disregarding the lack of buttons on the Simpsons cab of course, really wondering about the ability to emulate like Marvel vs Capcom 2 or Street Fighter 3 through Retroarch.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20190 posts
8259 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
It's almost a third the price of a 4080 and 4080 is confirmed to be able to run at least 800 instances of SF2 simultaneously.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
4539 posts
3462 upvotes
Edmonton
ChoW_MeiN wrote: Would this be a better unit to softmod vs the Simpsons cab that's on sale right now as well? Disregarding the lack of buttons on the Simpsons cab of course, really wondering about the ability to emulate like Marvel vs Capcom 2 or Street Fighter 3 through Retroarch.
Once you have RetroArch running, the emulation experience should be identical on both cabs.

But as you mentioned, with the lack of buttons on the Simpsons cab, you can't really play fighting games effectively unless you add more buttons.

Another factor to consider is that the Big Blue cab is a little more complicated to softmod. You can't just load an apk from a micro SD card like on the Simpsons cab. Instead, you'll first have to install the 2 control fixes from Team Encoder, which will enable USB debugging as part of the process and enable 2P controls. Then you need to connect a computer to the cab using the micro USB port and sideload the launcher and RetroArch apks via ADB (similar to the steps here). The Simpsons cab is definitely easier to softmod in that regard.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12123 posts
4951 upvotes
wrecker wrote: Need to speed up my basement Reno project for this…
Basement arcade is the best thing I ever did - great having everyone over to play

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)