• Nov 29th, 2021 12:02 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2003
2562 posts
81 upvotes
Ottawa

[The Brick] [Black Friday] Bosch Ascenta Dishwasher - SHE3AR75UC $750

This is a well reviewed Bosch dishwasher. Currently showing $1095 at most other retailers. Delivery shows end of January. If you dislike The Brick, get Home Depot to price beat it by an additional 10%.

download.png
44 replies
Mar 23, 2005
680 posts
246 upvotes
Montreal
We got this dishwasher last year for about $700 during boxing day from Bad Boy and have nothing but great things to say about. Quiet, efficient, and works with no issues. Great price if you're in the market for one imo.
Aug 5, 2015
149 posts
105 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Everytime I've walked into the brick I've had to deal with a sleazy [...] salesman and they have completely ruined all my experiences with that store.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Nov 25th, 2021 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reported/leave ethnicity out of it
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
24415 posts
196165 upvotes
GTA
If you PM at HD it works out even cheaper than the Perkopolis price (which is already supposed to be the cheapest / 'below cost') so I'd say this deal is solid.

Edit: And through Perkopolis a lot of stuff is back ordered 3-6 months too...
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15069 posts
6060 upvotes
RFD
alias_neo wrote: We got this dishwasher last year for about $700 during boxing day from Bad Boy and have nothing but great things to say about. Quiet, efficient, and works with no issues. Great price if you're in the market for one imo.
Is your dish rack joints getting rusty?
Mar 23, 2005
680 posts
246 upvotes
Montreal
Not really. We use the FInish powerball pods fwiw from Costco
Sep 22, 2010
732 posts
1043 upvotes
Victoria
Merzenary604 wrote: Everytime I've walked into the brick I've had to deal with a sleazy [...] salesman and they have completely ruined all my experiences with that store.
You can leave the [...] part out of your statement, but yes, sleazy salespeople for sure.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Nov 25th, 2021 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit in quote
Apr 13, 2010
298 posts
592 upvotes
We bought this for $600 6 years ago, then had to leave it behind when we moved. It was amazing how well it would get rid of stuff burnt onto pyrex baking dishes.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2015
1184 posts
777 upvotes
Sarnia, ON
It's the top rated dishwasher of all in Consumer Reports scoring a high of 88, yet their most inexpensive model...beating every other dishwasher out there on the market.. We've had ours for 3 years and no problems. Proof that paying more doesn't always get you better performance.
Dec 1, 2017
217 posts
172 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I’d buy this with the HD prime match if they had it in stock. Could there be any possibilities it’s in stock at store but not showing online?
Dec 19, 2018
117 posts
171 upvotes
This is the exact same model our family got back in early Sept this year for the same price at Lowes after our Whirlpool finally decided to give up after more than 20 years of service. I remember the price because it's right at the minimum to get free delivery. We paid Lowes to do the installation.

In my opinion, this works great for anything made in ceramic, glass, stainless steels, but terrible at drying plastic due to this dishwasher has no heating element for the drying cycle; instead it uses condensation drying technique.
I'm not sure if another model or another brand can perform better using condensation drying technique, but our Pyrex lids, Glad plastic food containers, pretty much any plastic will come out somewhat still has small amount of water droplet stuck on them; if the orientation of an item being wash is bad, it can even collect puddle of water (for example, it you flip a plastic lid facing the wrong way). Bamboo and wood products will come out moist.
We are using Finish Jet Dry rinse aid as directed in the manual; we even ajusted the rinse agent usage setting up by one notch and turned on Sanitize option to increase heat, but still the same issue.

Another gotcha for potential buyer is this unit comes standard with a cord that uses 3 prong power plug. For most people who want to do a drop in replacement of their existing dishwasher will most likely need to buy this hardwire junction box kit.
Nov 17, 2004
829 posts
129 upvotes
Mississauga
Price back up to $1095
Jul 13, 2017
37 posts
15 upvotes
So they increased price for Black Friday to regular price? Booooo!!!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
6651 posts
904 upvotes
Ottawa
Missed this. Still remember, Lowes used to have this on sale for $500 to $550 on BF and BD every year, and how much has price increased since then.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1461 posts
1369 upvotes
Toronto
I am looking to replace my dishwasher, looking for best value.

Right now any recommendations sub $1k? This sale is over, but I see the 100 series at 800ish.

Was also considering LG as the ranges/fridges seem to be good value for what I need, are LG dishwashers ok?
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2717 posts
1106 upvotes
Gta
Not that it matters to the deal here but I got this dishwasher is September 2019 when the government was offering the rebates and lowes had a Labor Day sale and Bosch was offering further incentive ….for 350 all in and delivery free! My one time flex here on this board!

Lol. While it is quiet, honestly at the beginning there was a funky smell which thankfully disappeared. I also think out old whirlpool was a tad better ( but hella louder )
Koodo member
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
6651 posts
904 upvotes
Ottawa
krn905 wrote: I am looking to replace my dishwasher, looking for best value.

Right now any recommendations sub $1k? This sale is over, but I see the 100 series at 800ish.

Was also considering LG as the ranges/fridges seem to be good value for what I need, are LG dishwashers ok?
Honest, I would stick with Bosh for dishwasher, their lowest end model (basically this one) got highest score on consumer report and pretty reliable too.