Shopping Discussion

DONT BUY ANYTHING From TheBrick furniture store

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2019 9:36 am
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 22, 2013
4 posts
78 upvotes
Calgary

DONT BUY ANYTHING From TheBrick furniture store

Don't buy anything from saskatoon south store. I am a Brick's victim. They are not replacing my mattress as it is sinking and their requirement is to sink at least 1 inch, which is weird. By the time It sinks to one inch low i will be hospitalized for my spine surgery. These things they wont tell you while buying the mattress. And lie to customers that they will cover stains if we have mattress protector on. If I contact them for stains they reply very rudely to contact manufacturer. Which is bullshit. DONT BE BRICK VICTIM.......
86 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 7, 2005
3961 posts
5487 upvotes
somewhere in B.C.
They are the worst store, no principles at all
granite_69 wrote: Is this what your other post with the data dump is for?
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1878 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
I don't get it, what matters DOESN'T sink at least 1 inch? That's what a mattress is suppose to do.
Member
Apr 15, 2008
450 posts
254 upvotes
Toronto
Wrong section but agree with op 100%. Brick sucks butt. Especially the Saskatoon one.
Sr. Member
Jun 27, 2006
515 posts
150 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
buy mattresses at costco
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 22, 2014
3251 posts
3071 upvotes
Mordor
anytime i feel lonely....i like to go to the brick....
because as soon as i walk in...the associates just tails me like a shadow for 1 minute....then starts talking to me
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 21, 2015
9914 posts
67169 upvotes
Ontario
LOL. wrong forum but never ever buy anything from The Brick.
Most RFD friends knew it already.
Costco is closed today (April 4th 2021) even in Quebec
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 3, 2010
6704 posts
2100 upvotes
Mississauga
Just gain extra kilos and it will sink the required inch in a couple of months.
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Member
User avatar
Aug 8, 2008
398 posts
137 upvotes
Calgary
MKrishna wrote: Don't buy anything from saskatoon south store. I am a Brick's victim. They are not replacing my mattress as it is sinking and their requirement is to sink at least 1 inch, which is weird. By the time It sinks to one inch low i will be hospitalized for my spine surgery. These things they wont tell you while buying the mattress. And lie to customers that they will cover stains if we have mattress protector on. If I contact them for stains they reply very rudely to contact manufacturer. Which is bullshit. DONT BE BRICK VICTIM.......
Mistake #1: Bought from the Brick.
Mistake #2: Created RFD account just to whine about Mistake #1.

Up-voted anyway due to intense dislike for the Brick.
-

Your mileage may vary.
Member
Mar 31, 2013
228 posts
153 upvotes
Sherwood Park
Pnyx wrote: Mistake #1: Bought from the Brick.
Mistake #2: Created RFD account just to whine about Mistake #1.

Up-voted anyway due to intense dislike for the Brick.
Made the account in 2013 knowing the Brick would one day disappoint :p
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 10, 2004
4049 posts
1391 upvotes
Edmonton
Maybe we're the exception, but we bought our mattress from the brick mattress store a few years ago. The clerk there was excellent and the prices were as good as anywhere else. We had the same problem though after - the matress seemed to be sagging excessively in 2 months and they sent someone for an inspection. He grabs a string, pulls it across and says it's not an inch yet so no replacement.

I thought it was lame, but we went back to the store, told then we wanted a different brand/model and they replaced it with a different one that week. (Just had to deal with the difference) We had the mattress cover, and they had a 365 day sleep guarantee... Overall pretty painless. I think if we didnt have that salesperson we prob wouldnt have bought in the first place though.
Last edited by U4IA on Feb 16th, 2017 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Apr 15, 2008
450 posts
254 upvotes
Toronto
Pnyx wrote: Mistake #1: Bought from the Brick.
Mistake #2: Created RFD account just to whine about Mistake #1. Hi

Up-voted anyway due to intense dislike for the Brick.
No mistake in creating an RFD account to voice your displeasure op. Welcome to the community!!

Ignore trolls. But you did post in the wrong section. This is hot deals, your post doesn't belong here.
Last edited by mixxy on Feb 16th, 2017 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Member
Apr 13, 2017
451 posts
233 upvotes
Do I need to print out this thread before going to the Brick to not buy anything? YMMV?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jun 29, 2004
11676 posts
8756 upvotes
Oil Country
Pretty sure one of the RFD rules is, RFDers don't let RFDers buy from The Brick. That's why you won't see any furniture or mattress posts from The Brick in the hot deals section. I would also avoid any clearance or store closure sales.
Last edited by fudge_u on Feb 16th, 2017 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 21, 2014
1534 posts
2600 upvotes
Calgary, AB
User error!
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 22, 2013
4 posts
78 upvotes
Calgary
They replace it only if it sinks 1 inch while nobody on the mattress.
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 22, 2013
4 posts
78 upvotes
Calgary
Im not new to RFD. I have been using RFD since 6 years. Usually I just don't participate in discussions
Newbie
Jan 6, 2016
63 posts
10 upvotes
Airdrie, Alberta
We had purchased a Sealy Queen Size mattress from the brick, but exchanged it under the sleep guarantee and upgraded to a king size. The king size mattress had special latex which conforms to your body contours and we mistakenly thought the mattress was sagging. The manager was receptive to our complaint, but told us to give it more time which gave me enough time to realize it wasn't sagging. We do rotate the mattress on a regular basis and have the mattress protector as well. I would escalate your complaint to head office or also try calling the manufacturer as the mattress should be under warranty.
Newbie
Mar 11, 2007
76 posts
61 upvotes
BCMTouring wrote: "... I would escalate your complaint to head office or also try calling the manufacturer as the mattress should be under warranty."
+1
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2131 posts
1129 upvotes
Montreal
As the negotiation guru on the Sleep Country and Dormez Vous threads, I agree with everyone here. Never buy anything from The Brick. They are bad. If you want to buy a mattress these days, the one and only place you should buy it from is Costco.ca.
U4IA wrote: I thought it was lame, but we went back to the store, told then we wanted a different brand/model and they replaced it with a different one that week. (Just had to deal with the difference) We had the mattress cover, and they had a 365 day sleep guarantee... Overall pretty painless. I think if we didnt have that salesperson we prob wouldnt have bought in the first place though.
You REALLY need to read through the mattress and Sleep Country thread. So many errors in your strategy that relies on a price difference to replace your mattress. You do realize that mattress prices at Brick and Sleep Country are supposed to be negotiated down by an additional 60%-85%? Usually if you want to replace your mattress, they expect you to pay the difference between the price you paid and the RETAIL non-discounted or barely discounted price of the replacement mattress. If you weren't complaining about the price difference, I'd probably be horrified at the high price you paid for the original mattress.
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Fido CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 2gb $33/month
3 Logitech X-230 Speakers (150% PM at Staples) = $13 each (I bought 3!)[/B]

Top