[The Shoe Company] Sorel 1964 Pac Nylon Fog Winter Boot - $67.48

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2017 10:30 am
[OP]
Aug 21, 2016
83 posts
43 upvotes

[The Shoe Company] Sorel 1964 Pac Nylon Fog Winter Boot - $67.48

I was looking for decent winter boots and I guess $70 all in is a great price for Sorel as I have seen in the past. This is going to be my first Sorel, let's see how it goes.
29 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
1174 posts
259 upvotes
GTA
Are these true to size, or do I need to size down?

My other pair of Sorels I needed to size down so I was just wondering.
Dec 16, 2015
43 posts
18 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
In for an answer as well, curious to know what people think about them.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2007
2962 posts
1127 upvotes
Calgary
20$ more gets you a brown pair with leather upper.
I love my Koodo account.
Dec 20, 2014
31 posts
1 upvote
East York, ON
Feels like an impulse buy but why not?Winking Face
Nov 23, 2013
195 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
good deal but i want the yellow one
Oct 11, 2017
1 posts
16 upvotes
Hey all.

Created a new acct (long time lurker.. see: years).

I have these boots. To those wondering. Yes, you'll need to size down. I have the typical 'duck feet' that are quite wide upon putting weight when you step down, so I typically size UP. Usually around 9.5 to 10.5 mens. My Sorels of this model are a 10 mens and really roomy. I would need a good 2 pairs of thick socks to fill them up. Probably could squeeze into a 9 and be comfortable.

Comfort wise, they're amazing even with the extra room. They're (fairly) waterproof which is perfect for Canadian winters where the snow breaks down into slush, and makes other footware soggy. The top of the fabric on the boot is actually an insulative (is that a word? Well it is now!) liner.

If i wear these to work, I will need to switch them out for other shoes, or my feet will really sweat / get hot (fyi!).

Bottom Line: Great boot, very comfy, pretty waterproof, very warm. 9/10 would by again, in my proper size.

Cheers!
Jun 23, 2016
87 posts
35 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
Redeye44 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 12:30 am
Hey all.

Created a new acct (long time lurker.. see: years).

I have these boots. To those wondering. Yes, you'll need to size down. I have the typical 'duck feet' that are quite wide upon putting weight when you step down, so I typically size UP. Usually around 9.5 to 10.5 mens. My Sorels of this model are a 10 mens and really roomy. I would need a good 2 pairs of thick socks to fill them up. Probably could squeeze into a 9 and be comfortable.

Comfort wise, they're amazing even with the extra room. They're (fairly) waterproof which is perfect for Canadian winters where the snow breaks down into slush, and makes other footware soggy. The top of the fabric on the boot is actually an insulative (is that a word? Well it is now!) liner.

If i wear these to work, I will need to switch them out for other shoes, or my feet will really sweat / get hot (fyi!).

Bottom Line: Great boot, very comfy, pretty waterproof, very warm. 9/10 would by again, in my proper size.

Cheers!
Great post, I'm convinced. Welcome!
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2004
2093 posts
285 upvotes
ayogtc wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 6:41 pm
In for an answer as well, curious to know what people think about them.
Most comfortable winter boots I've ever owned. They will crack and leak sometime during your second season - bank on it. They will be good for at most 2 winters.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2652 posts
244 upvotes
bkushner wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 7:09 pm
20$ more gets you a brown pair with leather upper.
Worth it for any reason other than the looks?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2007
2962 posts
1127 upvotes
Calgary
I guess if you value leather boots over vinyl, 20$ is not that much more to pay.
I love my Koodo account.
[OP]
Aug 21, 2016
83 posts
43 upvotes
tietherope wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 9:16 am
Worth it for any reason other than the looks?
Well I think leather requires a lot more care than nylon. I don't want to deal with wet leather and mould that comes with it.
[OP]
Aug 21, 2016
83 posts
43 upvotes
vittycent wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 8:00 am
Thanks OP. ebates for an extra 3%!
Oh yes! forgot to mention that, got $2 from ebates as well.