Expired Hot Deals

[The Source] Acer Swift 1 Ultrabook 64GB eMMC, 4GB RAM & Windows 10 $429

[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 22, 2005
11268 posts
3790 upvotes

[The Source] Acer Swift 1 Ultrabook 64GB eMMC, 4GB RAM & Windows 10 $429

Not a screaming deal but a warm deal or a very well priced budget ultrabook. Considering grabbing one for my wife as her old Sony laptop is dying and she wants something smaller anyway.

https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/computer ... /108069666

The Acer Swift 1 is a PC Mag editors choice :

https://www.pcmag.com/review/355482/acer-swift-1
13 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
3264 posts
5484 upvotes
Can’t really do much with a n4200.. or 4GB... or 64GB storage after Windows uses like a quarter of that. But it’s thin
Last edited by NavieM on Feb 8th, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Public Mobile customer
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2010
1180 posts
59 upvotes
BURLINGTON
at least the screen is 1080p I cant believe why anyone would still buy a 720p screen
Sr. Member
Aug 15, 2007
581 posts
242 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Is this french/english keyboard? Those are always dealbreakers for me!
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 22, 2005
11268 posts
3790 upvotes
biggaroupa wrote: Is this french/english keyboard? Those are always dealbreakers for me!
Ya - those are painful for sure. I may pop into the source and see how bad it is..
Sr. Member
Aug 15, 2007
581 posts
242 upvotes
Richmond Hill
kool1 wrote: Ya - those are painful for sure. I may pop into the source and see how bad it is..
I find I have too many typo's with these keyboards, it's not worth the frustration, it's already bad enough switching back and forth between PC and Mac :/
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 16, 2012
1282 posts
602 upvotes
EDMONTON
GOLFINGGINO wrote: at least the screen is 1080p I cant believe why anyone would still buy a 720p screen
For seniors with poor vision who wants larger fonts and icons!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 17, 2003
7402 posts
485 upvotes
Port Moody
delldeals8 wrote: For seniors with poor vision who wants larger fonts and icons!
and we will all be there at some point
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2789 posts
1129 upvotes
Ottawa
Naveedx wrote: Can’t really do much with a n4200.. or 4GB... or 64GB storage after Windows uses like a quarter of that. But it’s thin
My current 11inch laptop is a Celeron 3205U and 4GB RAM. You would be surprised at how fast it boots up and how many tabs (and documents in MS Word and PDFs) I can run without e cven noticing. My co-workers always comment on how I have so much stuff open at once.
protege2k wrote: N3350, 32gb ssd version for $349 at Microsoft.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/store/d ... verviewtab
OP's is a Pentium, the one at Microsoft is a Celeron (Quad core vs Dual Core). But the one at MS does have an SSD, which means you can upgrade it with another SSD.

I wonder if the 64GB eMMC has a slot for a M.2 SSD drive. That would make it a great buy.

EDIT: This guy. Upgraded the 64GB eMMC Canada version with an SSD! Get OP's version unless you are tight on money.

Sr. Member
Dec 5, 2005
943 posts
583 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
The Source one has a bigger screen .The microsoft one is a 2 in 1 also on sale at Costco in the US for $249 USD I just bought one to pick up next week.
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 22, 2005
11268 posts
3790 upvotes
yyz64 wrote: The Source one has a bigger screen .The microsoft one is a 2 in 1 also on sale at Costco in the US for $249 USD I just bought one to pick up next week.
Yes - 13.3" screen. That's what my ASUS has and I wouldn't want much smaller for a laptop.
Member
Nov 20, 2016
222 posts
139 upvotes
I like a small device but the overall dimensions look very similar. Can't justify a similar device size with bigger bezels and a smaller screen.
Member
Nov 20, 2016
222 posts
139 upvotes
Wonderful advice, many thanks for your post.
eugene188 wrote: My current 11inch laptop is a Celeron 3205U and 4GB RAM. You would be surprised at how fast it boots up and how many tabs (and documents in MS Word and PDFs) I can run without e cven noticing. My co-workers always comment on how I have so much stuff open at once.



OP's is a Pentium, the one at Microsoft is a Celeron (Quad core vs Dual Core). But the one at MS does have an SSD, which means you can upgrade it with another SSD.

I wonder if the 64GB eMMC has a slot for a M.2 SSD drive. That would make it a great buy.

EDIT: This guy. Upgraded the 64GB eMMC Canada version with an SSD! Get OP's version unless you are tight on money.

Top