Expired Hot Deals

[The Source] AKG N700NC Noise Cancelling Headphones 50%+ off ($219.72 with PSP)

• Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2019 12:31 am
[OP]
Jul 29, 2014
11 posts
33 upvotes
Ancaster, ON

[The Source] AKG N700NC Noise Cancelling Headphones 50%+ off ($219.72 with PSP)

It's $258.49 without the Goodlife discount but if you have it then it brings it down to $219.72. This is less than half the price of both the Bose QC35ii and Sony WH-1000XM3
24 replies
Oct 23, 2013
66 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
How does it compare to the Bose QC35?
[OP]
Jul 29, 2014
11 posts
33 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
unlocknow wrote:
May 15th, 2019 3:48 pm
How does it compare to the Bose QC35?
From the reviews I've read it's close but not quite as good. At regular price I'd say go for the Bose or Sony easily but for less than half it seems like a no brainer to me.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
12455 posts
3501 upvotes
Ottawa
Okta99 wrote:
May 15th, 2019 3:50 pm
From the reviews I've read it's close but not quite as good. At regular price I'd say go for the Bose or Sony easily but for less than half it seems like a no brainer to me.
Side by side comparison.
https://www.rtings.com/headphones/tools ... eshold=0.1

Soundwise, it seems to stack up
ANC wise, it seems to fall quite short, mainly in the bass frequencies
Battery life also falls short

But otherwise seems like it would be worth trying if you can't swing for the Bose or Sonys
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and not paying full price like Joe Shmoe did. This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Oct 23, 2013
66 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
Okta99 wrote:
May 15th, 2019 3:50 pm
warpdrive wrote:
May 15th, 2019 7:27 pm
Side by side comparison.
https://www.rtings.com/headphones/tools ... eshold=0.1

Soundwise, it seems to stack up
ANC wise, it seems to fall quite short, mainly in the bass frequencies
Battery life also falls short

But otherwise seems like it would be worth trying if you can't swing for the Bose or Sonys
Thanks, looks like I'll wait for the refurbished Bose deal to come back, which can be had for $250.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2319 posts
1052 upvotes
At half price than its competitors, it’s a no brainer.

Sounds wise is rated better, with the issue being not filtering the noise at low frequencies. Unless you want to use them in a night club, it shouldn’t be big issue lol

Pulled the trigger
iamalittlepepper wrote:
Aug 13th, 2012 2:55 am
Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote:
Jan 13th, 2015 12:56 pm
you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
12455 posts
3501 upvotes
Ottawa
djredhat wrote:
May 16th, 2019 4:35 pm
At half price than its competitors, it’s a no brainer.

Sounds wise is rated better, with the issue being not filtering the noise at low frequencies. Unless you want to use them in a night club, it shouldn’t be big issue lol

Pulled the trigger
filtering the bass frequencies makes a big difference on airplanes though.....I'd say the others are worth the extra cost for travelers.

but otherwise it looks pretty solid for the price
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and not paying full price like Joe Shmoe did. This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
1741 posts
529 upvotes
Is noise cancellation technology patented? I don't see why no company has come up with something that come close to Bose.
Life is tough but so are you
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
6948 posts
4326 upvotes
Canada
xpressmerchant wrote:
May 16th, 2019 8:01 pm
Is noise cancellation technology patented? I don't see why no company has come up with something that come close to Bose.
Sony WH1000XM3 is way better than Bose
Tangerine, Public Mobile, and Freedom Mobile customer
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1083 posts
2009 upvotes
Markham
xpressmerchant wrote:
May 16th, 2019 8:01 pm
Where have you been for the last 9 months? By most accounts, the Sony 1000XM3 has better noise cancellation than Bose.

As to these headphones. Don't really see the point in ANC headphones is the ANC isn't up to snuff, might as well save money and get regular headphones for less.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
12455 posts
3501 upvotes
Ottawa
Dave510 wrote:
May 16th, 2019 8:17 pm
Where have you been for the last 9 months? By most accounts, the Sony 1000XM3 has better noise cancellation than Bose.

As to these headphones. Don't really see the point in ANC headphones is the ANC isn't up to snuff, might as well save money and get regular headphones for less.
Totally agree. ANC headphones, on a whole, don't sound great for their price but the ANC is what makes them like gold for the traveler or commuter. Get the best ones you can afford (I,e. Sony or at least the Bose which are the two top ones in ANC effectiveness).

For the longest time nobody could touch the Bose, and I think the patents have a lot to do with it, but somehow Sony figured out a way.

For this AKG, I do like how the measurements look, the AKG actually has a nicer flat FR curve, and that it is its saving grace. A lot of other ANC headphones don't sound great nor have great ANC, which is a double crime.
Last edited by warpdrive on May 16th, 2019 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2010
1115 posts
55 upvotes
BURLINGTON
the sony is better sounding and better noise cancelling then the bose. both cost much more then these, this might be good for the price - i notice that visions also has the kef porsche design wireless noise cancelling headphone for about this price that might be worth a look - i had the non wireless version of the these kek porsche design and the sound quality is good at least as good as the sonys but the noise cancelling is not as good