Hot Deals

[The Source] Amazon Echo 2nd Generation, Globe Smart Plug and 2 Bulb Bundle for 99 Dollars

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2019 2:15 pm
[OP]
Sep 24, 2018
33 posts
49 upvotes

[The Source] Amazon Echo 2nd Generation, Globe Smart Plug and 2 Bulb Bundle for 99 Dollars

Just saw this checking out The Source this morning.
Looks to me like a warm deal for anyone wanting to try out or start setting up a smart home.

Amazon Echo 2nd Generation and Globe Smart Plug with 2 Bulbs Bundle - Sandstone Fabric
The light bulbs are soft white, not colour.
Summary
Control your smart home devices, make calls or connect to the internet with Amazon Echo, a hands-free Dolby speaker you control with your voice. Echo connects to the Alexa Voice Service to play music, ask questions, make calls, send and receive messages, provide information, news, sports scores, weather, and more--instantly. All you have to do is ask.

Echo Features
Echo connects to Alexa—a cloud-based voice service—to play music, make calls, set alarms and timers, ask questions, check your calendar, weather, traffic, and sports scores, manage to-do and shopping lists, control smart home devices, and more—instantly.
Just ask for a song, artist, or genre from Prime Music, Spotify, Radioplayer, and more. With multi-room music, you can play music on your Echo devices in different rooms. Echo Plus can also play audiobooks, radio stations, news briefs, and more.
Call or message anyone hands-free with your Echo device. Also, instantly connect to other Echo devices in your home using just your voice.
Powerful speakers with Dolby processing that fill the room with immersive, 360° omnidirectional audio, and deliver crisp vocals and dynamic bass response.
With seven microphones, beam-forming technology, and noise cancellation, Echo hears you from any direction—even while music is playing.
Just ask Alexa to control your compatible smart lights, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, and more
Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new features and skills. Just ask Alexa to control your TV, request an Uber, order a pizza, and more.
Echo is also an expertly tuned speaker, powered by Dolby, that can fill any room with immersive sound. It has seven microphones and beamforming technology so it can hear you from across the room--even while music is playing. When you want to use Echo, just say the wake word "Alexa" and Echo responds instantly.
Globe Wi-Fi Smart Single CCT LED Bulb + Smart Plug Combo - works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
Forgot to turn off the lights? Make your home smart with Globe Electric’s Wi-Fi Smart Bulb and Smart Plug Bundle. No hub required, control your lights, coffee makers, and other home appliances with your app or voice.

Light Bulb Features
Wi-Fi enabled devices are easy to set up and requires no smart home hub
Compatible with Google Home and Amazon Alexa for voice control
User-friendly App, Globe Suite is available for iOS and Android devices
Control devices individually or as part of a group
Set timers, schedules and scenes
Share device access
System Requirements: Wi-Fi router 2.4 GHz – Mobile device running iOS 8.0 or higher / Android 4.1 or higher
Combo Pack includes 2 Smart Bulbs and 1 Smart Plug
Tech Specs
Smart Wi-Fi LED Bulb
Power: 10W, 60W Equivalent
Brightness: 800 lumens (Dimmable)
3000 kelvin (Soft White)
25,000 hour bulb life – Standard E26/Medium Base – Classic A19 Shape
Colour: White
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
1677 posts
1145 upvotes
Kitchener
Wish it was a Google Home.
Gaming: i5 4570, GTX 1070 8gb, 16GB RAM
Media: i5 6400, GTX 1070 8gb, 16GB RAM
Everyday: i5 6400, GTX 1060 6gb, 8GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
Oct 22, 2005
578 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto
NowJoJo wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 7:21 am
Wish it was a Google Home.
Yeah same....during the last three months The Source has had various different promos with a mini plus 2 globe smart bulbs and a smart plug for $49.99
Aug 18, 2018
42 posts
4 upvotes
Craig's people have the minis for 10 to 20 new and bigger Google i got for 35
Nov 9, 2017
32 posts
6 upvotes
I have a google home, a mini, and one 2nd gen echo dot.
I’ll never buy any amazon smart speaker because of the experience I’ve had with that one echo dot.
No where as capable as google’s smart speakers
Light ring died on me a few months after purchase
Horrible speaker quality
Signed me up for amazon music and when I distinctly told it “NO”
Less than a year later and it doesn’t work at all...
My google home, on the other hand, is amazing
My bother has the mini and he loves it too
IMO stay away from amazon’s line
Apr 4, 2017
58 posts
26 upvotes
rav4ss wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 1:25 pm
I’ll never buy any amazon smart speaker because of the experience I’ve had with that one echo dot.
Horrible speaker quality
The 2nd gen echo dot is old tech. The 3rd gen is what competes with the Google mini and comes out favorably imo. I have 3 3rd gen echo dots that work great.
Dec 21, 2007
589 posts
140 upvotes
Scarborough
rav4ss wrote:
Horrible speaker quality
I guess everyone is different as after having both I'm more a fan of Amazon over Google. My echos all work pretty well for everything I ask them to do (besides maybe random questions), meanwhile my Google Mini has issues talking to my thermostat, can't alter the wake word, doesn't seem to tie into as many third party "skills", and routines don't work nearly as well either, in my experience.
I am the Stig's brother's cousin's friend's former roommate.
Dec 3, 2006
40 posts
31 upvotes
rav4ss wrote:
Horrible speaker quality
But Google isn't able to accept commands with delayed timers or have delays in routines yet.

"Turn off the lights after 30 minutes" results in a sorry from Google, but Amazon will do it just fine. There are some hacks like forcing Google to count to some huge number, but the device becomes unusable during that time.