Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

Amazon Echo Show 2nd Generation - Charcoal - 10.1 in - $99.96

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2022 12:29 pm
Thread Summary
Looking for more options? RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best smart home devices!
17 replies
Mar 7, 2011
279 posts
571 upvotes
Mississauga
slight exaggeration Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

it's great as a smart speaker (very decent audio quality), photo frame and video calling (with another echo)
yes, youtube and prime video are laggy but this isn't intended to be their primary functions either
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2017
2611 posts
2703 upvotes
mmack00 wrote: slight exaggeration Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

it's great as a smart speaker (very decent audio quality), photo frame and video calling (with another echo)
yes, youtube and prime video are laggy but this isn't intended to be their primary functions either
Agreed, I won't use an Echo show to watch tv shows. It helps with the decor, I play music and I automate my home with its help.
Nov 23, 2017
417 posts
378 upvotes
I have two shows, this one and the 8” and they both suck. They can’t even use allrecipes here in Canada.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2010
1017 posts
786 upvotes
Canada
I bought an Echo Show 5 for use with my Ring doorbell. When a visitor rang the bell, by the time the Show 5 woke up and display of the front door appeared, all it shown was the back of the visitor, 10 feet away from my house. Angry Face
Jan 17, 2012
312 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
I'm sure the speakers are not bad. I have an Echo Show 8 and it is quite loud.
For me it will be for music and to see my security cameras.
Taking the chance.
Jun 1, 2002
580 posts
96 upvotes
Are you able to get a PSP discount with this too? Fine print says some Amazon products excluded.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2960 posts
2337 upvotes
Calgary
Phantom wrote: Are you able to get a PSP discount with this too? Fine print says some Amazon products excluded.
CAA not bringing up a discount for me.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2960 posts
2337 upvotes
Calgary
I have one of these… screen is good, really nice for looking at pictures. Microphone ability to hear seems largely on par with most other Amazon devices - hears right most times, but not always. Speakers are good for an Echo device. To me, if you want an Echo Show, this is a very good deal since you get the big screen.
Nov 25, 2016
201 posts
186 upvotes
krispy4 wrote: Agreed, I won't use an Echo show to watch tv shows. It helps with the decor, I play music and I automate my home with its help.
Agree. The "ambient fireplace skill" is a lot of fun. And the fishtank. Also playing music it shows the lyrics on screen (at least from Amazon music) so you can sing along and with the right words.
Nov 15, 2006
863 posts
525 upvotes
Toronto
Echo show 5 is very slow already. Can’t imagine how slow a 10 can be.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2011
11402 posts
5239 upvotes
I have a Show 5 and a couple 8s. I find them great value at their sale prices. I'm not sure what people are really expecting for speed, they're not meant to replace your phone or desktop.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1733 posts
727 upvotes
Toronto
It’s just a speaker with touch screen, don’t expect too much, the chips is 5 years old and you could not use it to do most of the job.
Simple is the best.
Dec 7, 2007
95 posts
22 upvotes
Has any one tried to do Whatsapp app video calling with echo show?
Oct 30, 2012
234 posts
147 upvotes
PETERBOROUGH
moromhoo wrote: The source has the second gen Echo Show, the large one for $99.96
The next gen, gen 3 costs $329.
Ordered one! Can't beat this price, going to upgrade my Show 8.

Thanks OP.