Expired Hot Deals

[The Source] Amazon Fire TV Stick w/ Alexa remote - $39.99 | 4K - $54.99 (also at Staples + Best Buy + Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2019 3:35 pm
Sep 11, 2009
14 posts
1 upvote
michelangelo88 wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 8:21 am
Works without a fuss on the first setup. No special steps needed.
Strange. My primecables 32 inch 720p wouldn’t work on initial setup.

However, for anyone else who stumbles upon this, I found that selecting haier as the make worked. About 8 attempts in to the setup routine.
Dec 25, 2013
188 posts
114 upvotes
Brampton/Waterloo
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 3:38 pm
I offer the above as a proponent of the cost-effectiveness and utility of the Firestick 4K.

@techjedi, what are your thoughts? I welcome others to pipe in.

RFD has a zero tolerance policy towards explicit mentions of illicit IPTV sources/providers. IPTV apps are legal and often available on the Google Play Store.

Thanks you.
I can assure you that your IPTV person is incorrect. I have several customers using the StbEmu Pro app without a problem. Heck, I personally use it Face With Tears Of Joy. Could also be dependent on the server you're on.

Also for others: better to get 4k version just because the processor makes it a lot smoother
IPTV Gold Provider
Feb 22, 2015
11 posts
3 upvotes
Nepean, ON
Can staples coupon be used in store as well?
Deal Addict
May 30, 2004
1425 posts
24 upvotes
Chatham
temp007 wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 8:31 pm
Can staples coupon be used in store as well?
Yes... I just gave the cashier the code and she punched it into the system.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8625 posts
8800 upvotes
aurasphere wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 6:49 pm
I can assure you that your IPTV person is incorrect. I have several customers using the StbEmu Pro app without a problem. Heck, I personally use it Face With Tears Of Joy. Could also be dependent on the server you're on.

Also for others: better to get 4k version just because the processor makes it a lot smoother
I don't think it's the server(s), I think he's just incorrect from one troubled attempt.

Good news, thanks.
Dec 21, 2007
587 posts
138 upvotes
Scarborough
Lukus2017 wrote:
Jun 10th, 2019 8:31 pm
I haven't tried it myself but Amazon has an adapter specifically for the Firestick and it's only $20.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01LXP ... EEQB&psc=1
Saw that but was thinking I might want one with USB as well for external storage. That said, apparently the Firestick (and 4K) only support FAT32 and not exFAT? If that is the case I'll probably just get the Amazon one as I know it will 100% work, since having a 4GB per file limit stops it from working with most compressed movies which are over that size.
I am the Stig's brother's cousin's friend's former roommate.
May 26, 2019
9 posts
2 upvotes
Hi everyone,

I was just curious if anyone has had any experience with the firestick bought from this website affordablesticks.com who advertise you will receive access to free movies, ppv, sports channels, and basically anything you can think of for a one time fee. Is this worth buying?

Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8625 posts
8800 upvotes
I can confirm the following:

The Firestick 4K works brilliantly with IPTV on STBEmu Pro.

Very satisfied. Allow me to repeat myself, the Firestick 4K may be the best value for money streaming and VOD android stick on the market. The Nvidia Shield is better if you want more (e.g. better smart home integration, cloud gaming,, native support for console controllers, etc.), but it's more than triple the price.

I was going to return the second Firestick 4K, but based on this experience, I'm building it into another IPTV and VOD device.

God bless.
Jan 31, 2014
33 posts
13 upvotes
Montréal
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 5:37 am
I can confirm the following:

The Firestick 4K works brilliantly with IPTV on STBEmu Pro.

Very satisfied. Allow me to repeat myself, the Firestick 4K may be the best value for money streaming and VOD android stick on the market. The Nvidia Shield is better if you want more (e.g. better smart home integration, cloud gaming,, native support for console controllers, etc.), but it's more than triple the price.

I was going to return the second Firestick 4K, but based on this experience, I'm building it into another IPTV and VOD device.

God bless.
What iptv are you using
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8625 posts
8800 upvotes
mrdigit420 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 7:45 am
What iptv are you using
Bud, we can't discuss sources and providers on RFD. Google and such.
Dec 8, 2009
186 posts
83 upvotes
Hanzmoeman wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 5:14 am
Hi everyone,

I was just curious if anyone has had any experience with the firestick bought from this website affordablesticks.com who advertise you will receive access to free movies, ppv, sports channels, and basically anything you can think of for a one time fee. Is this worth buying?

Not worth it. Anything that this person does on the stick can easily be done by yourself. There are loads of tutorials and how to videos which can be easily found online.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
4717 posts
721 upvotes
How is tab streaming on fire vs chromecast is it any better?
"The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD."
May 26, 2019
9 posts
2 upvotes
lowridin_guy wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 8:12 am
Not worth it. Anything that this person does on the stick can easily be done by yourself. There are loads of tutorials and how to videos which can be easily found online.
Thank you for the clarification. I immediately thought so too but the lack of people calling him out in the comments on the video had me second guessing myself. I'm glad this community exists where a "tech no savy" dad like me can get honest opinions. Thank you!
Jan 18, 2017
492 posts
166 upvotes
Just picked up one. Any luck with it controlling a Denon receiver and a Samsung TV? I've used Chromecast for the longest time (for youtube and netflix, since it's so easy to cast from phone/laptop); but I went with this for IPTV capabilities. Do I now need the FIreTV app to send youtube/netflix?