Expired Hot Deals

[The Source] Amazon Fire TV Stick w/ Alexa remote - $39.99 | 4K - $54.99 (also at Staples + Best Buy + Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2019 3:35 pm
May 12, 2011
200 posts
152 upvotes
Calgary
KevCnew wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 10:58 am
Can you please clarify the functionality you lose by going Fire vs Chromecast? thx
I am heavily streaming online movies from websites, and it is very handy to just find what i want using cell phone and press one button to send it to the chromecast.
I do not think it is correct to compare Fire to Chromecast, but i am comparing Fire to MiBox. Yeah, mibox cost more, but difference is not so big and it is a complete solution, with google playstore and Chromecast. The only one thing is missing in mibox is amazon prime video. But honestly, with their crappy video collection i am not using them anyway (dispite the fact that i sideloaded shield's version apk and it works ok)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8920 posts
9094 upvotes
What's a good IPTV remote for the Firestick 4K? STBEmu Pro expects you to have a few more buttons than on the Firestick remote.
Dec 13, 2016
62 posts
17 upvotes
I tried to mirror my pc to the TV via firestick to play videos. it really really lags. seems like firestick is not for this purpose? or is there some settings I could adjust?
Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
6984 posts
1579 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 12:46 pm
What's a good IPTV remote for the Firestick 4K? STBEmu Pro expects you to have a few more buttons than on the Firestick remote.
any of those cheap airmouse remotes..i think u still need to use mouse toggle app, i just use my logitech k380 for the ftv. much easier to type using bigkeyboard..i hate the tedious onscreen keyboard, one by one clicking
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8920 posts
9094 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 6:31 pm
any of those cheap airmouse remotes..i think u still need to use mouse toggle app, i just use my logitech k380 for the ftv. much easier to type using bigkeyboard..i hate the tedious onscreen keyboard, one by one clicking
AirMouse does not come in Bluetooth. You need an OTG cable to simultaneously charge and connect to the Firestick, it appears.
Dec 25, 2017
897 posts
660 upvotes
Say what IPTV apps can go on a Fire TV stick anyway? I never loaded IPTV apps onto my Fire TV sick, just something to watch movies (basically the stuff you get from kodi), chromecast, airplay, and then built in Youtube, which is really a link to launch browser for Youtube.
Any recommendations for IPTV apps?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8920 posts
9094 upvotes
STBEmu Pro for the common providers.

FYI, we can't discuss sources and providers here.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
6984 posts
1579 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Jun 15th, 2019 6:39 pm
AirMouse does not come in Bluetooth. You need an OTG cable to simultaneously charge and connect to the Firestick, it appears.
ya u need one of those usb to micro hubs, its cheap tho...like 10bucks at canadacomputers orico brand, forgot the link
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8920 posts
9094 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote:
Jun 16th, 2019 8:38 am
ya u need one of those usb to micro hubs, its cheap tho...like 10bucks at canadacomputers orico brand, forgot the link
Cheaper than what I'm finding on Amazon. Not bad.
Nov 3, 2009
109 posts
14 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I bought a fire stick 4k on Amazon last week, but IPTV and Kodi kept crashing 10 minutes into the movies. I sent it back only after one day. The picture I was getting was excellent though (I liked it better than the picture I am getting on Nvidia Shields). I am wondering if I got a defective one and should give it another try. Is anybody else having any similar problems with their Fire Stick 4K?

PS. I did not buy the Ethernet adapter. I was using its wifi connection.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8920 posts
9094 upvotes
kudret wrote:
Jun 16th, 2019 9:38 am
I bought a fire stick 4k on Amazon last week, but IPTV and Kodi kept crashing 10 minutes into the movies. I sent it back only after one day. The picture I was getting was excellent though (I liked it better than the picture I am getting on Nvidia Shields). I am wondering if I got a defective one and should give it another try. Is anybody else having any similar problems with their Fire Stick 4K?

Get another one, the one I have runs fine with my parents (VOD and IPTV on STBEmu Pro). Your old one could be part of a bad batch.
Jan 21, 2017
176 posts
136 upvotes
kudret wrote:

Mine freezes on many 1080 links using Cinema or Cyberflix even though I'm on a 300 Mbps feed. I just ordered the adapter earlier today. Hoping this fixes the problem.
Nov 15, 2009
435 posts
61 upvotes
kudret wrote:

I only have 28 Mbps internet connection. I purchased Firestick 4K from Amazon it was on sale recently, I also purchased Ugreen Hub 2.0 (only one left at the time) (only 10/100 max). I connected my wireless Logitech keyboard for easy typing as well as Ethernet connection.

With automatic Network detection of IP address will work. But for me it was partially (meaning not a solid connection problems). So what I did was alter few Setting in Network.
This is from top of my head, not 100% sure.

The IP address remains same as on computer

I think this are the changes
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 (Constant)

Primary DNS 192.168.100.1(changes for different computer)

Secondary DNS 8.8.8.8 (I not sure about this but works for me)

On youtube you will find similar network setting. If someone has fantastic Network Setting figure, I would love to see it.
I did try Cinema, but there was too much buffering. I haven't tried Cyberflix yet. Kodi works good. I have to put some kind of ad blocker. Any suggestion would be great.

UGreen Hub 3.0 is newer version but I read people were having problem with that hardware.

I been recently tinkering so bare with me I am not up to date.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
3062 posts
573 upvotes
People with crashes, make sure to use the AC plug and not usb on your TV to power it.

It maybe crashing to do the lack of power.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8920 posts
9094 upvotes
MasterMK wrote:
Jun 16th, 2019 10:43 pm
I only have 28 Mbps internet connection. I purchased Firestick 4K from Amazon it was on sale recently, I also purchased Ugreen Hub 2.0 (only one left at the time) (only 10/100 max). I connected my wireless Logitech keyboard for easy typing as well as Ethernet connection.
FYI, 28Mbps should be plenty for IPTV as most streams are still 1080p or less in 2019. IPTV is such a game changer that when you find a reliable provider, it's completely pointless to keep cable. Your money savings should be partially dumped into a better internet connection, though. VOD services like Prime Video and Netflix are headed down the path of high bitrate 4K HDR (including Dolby Vision). Netflix USA is rumored to deploy some 8K content in 2020.

God bless.