Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

Apple MacBook Air 13.3” 256GB, 8GB RAM, i5 - Space Grey - English - $999.99 (Save $700) - Model MVFJ2LL/A

Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
This Intel Macbook Air form factor will likely change because we now that the M1 chips are more efficient so I would expect Apple to take advantage of that to make the laptops thinner and lighter. Without the fan, the Air could be slimmer than it is now. This old form factor was designed to house Intel but I think they can design a better chassis around the M1 chips

I hope they bring back an Ultralight like the Macbook 12". That would be excellent, a truly light and thin fanless model (2lbs or less) but has performance of a full size top of the line Intel laptop.

I think the iMac could be the first computer to take advantage of the new efficiencies....it can be a truly thin All-in-one which will be barely thicker than just a regular monitor.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Mar 8, 2007
103 posts
56 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: I think the iMac could be the first computer to take advantage of the new efficiencies....it can be a truly thin All-in-one which will be barely thicker than just a regular monitor.
Didn't think of this, but I feel like that will be a pretty attractive setup if they do it right.
Jun 29, 2011
299 posts
95 upvotes
BBQ Haven
goozy1 wrote: To each their own but I personally love the Mac hardware but can't stand MacOS. It might be fine for people who are computer illiterate or not power users but as soon as you try to do some actual work MacOS gets cumbersome.
Care to give an example? One of the reasons why I now use a Mac at home is to have a both a good GUI and an access to all UNIX tools whenever I need to. I also use WIndows and Linux at work so I do get to use all three on a daily basis.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10950 posts
3262 upvotes
Zork1984 wrote: Care to give an example? One of the reasons why I now use a Mac at home is to have a both a good GUI and an access to all UNIX tools whenever I need to. I also use WIndows and Linux at work so I do get to use all three on a daily basis.
I would agree with him that Macs are better for users that aren’t super computer literate. They were intended to be. But it seems he’s confused that with meaning that using something else makes him a power user. It’s a failure to understand basic logical concepts.

I see this same logic fail happening with phones these days too. “iOS is for people that don’t know how to use a smart phone. Android makes me a power user”.

I don’t think you’re going to get an answer to your question.
Dec 5, 2010
17 posts
49 upvotes
I'd say that is a Teams issue rather than the M1. I have found Teams to be quite a memory hogger.
crawford wrote: It can barely run Microsoft Teams. Stay away.
Jan 20, 2003
281 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
shrikanth wrote: I'd say that is a Teams issue rather than the M1. I have found Teams to be quite a memory hogger.
It is absolutely a Teams issue. But if you have to use Teams for work, you don't want to be doing it on an Intel MacBook Air.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2416 posts
363 upvotes
NB
Is the 8GB ram model good enough or is the 16gb worth the extra $230?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)