Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

Apple TV 4K 64GB (2nd Gen, not 2022) - 139.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2023 4:10 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
3297 posts
3195 upvotes
DanDurino wrote: Apple TV 4K 2022, the newest one, does NOT support Full Dolby Vision, it only supports the DV5 layer (i.e. streaming web-sourced DolbyVision).
That is all streamers including the shield (I think there is some non widely used streamers with more support). Although profile 7 or 8 will play in hdr ok, might even play in a Dolby vision container depending on software.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
3297 posts
3195 upvotes
Viper98 wrote: It's only like $10/year, integrates with Trakt, and supports Dolby Vision (Plex doesn't play back DV on ATV)
Yes it does. Profile 5 plays perfectly. Infuse plays profile 5 and 8 perfectly, usually Plex is just a few months behind infuse.

No streamer really supports profile 7, don’t fall for fake dv where it’s just hdr played in a Dolby vision container.

All that said, if you have a good tv the difference between dv and hdr is very minor. So much so that the best tv doesn’t even have Dolby vision.
Last edited by Kevcorm on Jan 7th, 2023 8:56 am, edited 8 times in total.
Nov 12, 2020
84 posts
120 upvotes
I have the old model (64GB) and the new 2022 128GB model being used in different rooms, and I genuinely do not see a difference in day-to-day media consumption. Of course this may change in 1-2 years time, but I wouldn't hesitate to jump on the old one, especially if on a budget. It still works fabulously.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7618 posts
5704 upvotes
Ottawa
tdotishome wrote: I have the old model (64GB) and the new 2022 128GB model being used in different rooms, and I genuinely do not see a difference in day-to-day media consumption. Of course this may change in 1-2 years time, but I wouldn't hesitate to jump on the old one, especially if on a budget. It still works fabulously.
The only difference is new one supports Apple Music karaoke which is the only reason I got new one lol, for the usb c port which doesn’t matter for me.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2003
5265 posts
1623 upvotes
SK
heartbug18 wrote: Any VPN apps are available on tvOS?
I use a Smart DNS service and it routes the traffic according to the service/app used. Try Windscribe’s Control D (can route D+ to Canada) or SmartDNSProxy (D+ is sent to US but includes a VPN).

I’ve created a Canadian, US, and UK Apple accounts to download apps and the Smart DNS takes care of the rest for traffic routing.
Nov 21, 2009
522 posts
859 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know if you can have separate volume for the airpods as well? Meaning I have my own set volume for my airpods.

And my wife has her own volume for her own airpods.

Or is it all connected and just the same volume, whatever you set the tv to?
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2011
1577 posts
2071 upvotes
Knowhere
edifonzo wrote: It's $13 per year for a pro subscription, that's one Teen Burger Meal. And it should work through family share, so 6 people can use it. It has an active forum and devs who are focused on this one ecosystem. The lack of my personal effort to trouble shoot this across multiple people is very much worth the $13. I tried Plex on the atv but it would not play files reliably, granted I did not test it out very much so I will give it a other shot.

Doesn't seem too expensive to me.
nplayer is like $7 life time, and infuse is $13 a year, I have been using nplayer for 7 years now, if I use infuse, it will be 13 * 7 = $91.... and it is NOT experience? and you bring the teen burger meal? how about a steak dinner? then infuse can charge $100 year making it not expensive?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22158 posts
10324 upvotes
Toronto
Viper98 wrote: It's only like $10/year, integrates with Trakt, and supports Dolby Vision (Plex doesn't play back DV on ATV)
Infuse supports DV Profile 5 but not Profile 7?

I have the 2nd Gen 4k box and it's been flawless with Infuse Pro for HDR and lossless audio.
May 26, 2018
135 posts
61 upvotes
Is there an option for Cable TV/Shaw on the home screen of the Apple TV?
Jul 17, 2007
672 posts
397 upvotes
lightmeup wrote: nplayer is like $7 life time, and infuse is $13 a year, I have been using nplayer for 7 years now, if I use infuse, it will be 13 * 7 = $91.... and it is NOT experience? and you bring the teen burger meal? how about a steak dinner? then infuse can charge $100 year making it not expensive?
This post is the first time you have shared your preferred app, and with such passion. Nplayer seems like a good option and worth a try for the price. I am not sure it works for me as I cannot find any support online like a forum or a subreddit that shows that anyone has set Nplayer up as a Plex client. But for local files it seem like they are many people who recommend Nplayer.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2006
1396 posts
1058 upvotes
GTA
lightmeup wrote: nplayer is like $7 life time, and infuse is $13 a year, I have been using nplayer for 7 years now, if I use infuse, it will be 13 * 7 = $91.... and it is NOT experience? and you bring the teen burger meal? how about a steak dinner? then infuse can charge $100 year making it not expensive?
Depending on when you started using Infuse, you could have a one time lifetime subscription like I do. It is still a great player with the yearly subscription model.
"Just because something is on sale doesn't mean a) you can afford it, b) you should buy it, c) you need it, d) you're not spending far more buying it than not buying it at all"
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
6564 posts
10853 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
shopper-X wrote: I use a Smart DNS service and it routes the traffic according to the service/app used. Try Windscribe’s Control D (can route D+ to Canada) or SmartDNSProxy (D+ is sent to US but includes a VPN).

I’ve created a Canadian, US, and UK Apple accounts to download apps and the Smart DNS takes care of the rest for traffic routing.
This! I use Getflix smart dns service. Apple TV allows you to change your DNS server ip address making it very simple to get access to BBC, CH 4, ITV streams from the UK. You just need to create a (free) UK apple id to download their apps.
I also sub to Peacock, Hulu and Paramount+ from the USA. Google TV and Roku don't allow you to change the dns server ip. You would have to do that at your router.

The Great Pottery Thrown Down season 6 starts tomorrow on CH 4!
Last edited by pathfinder35 on Jan 7th, 2023 6:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Dec 8, 2010
387 posts
390 upvotes
Toronto
I have 5 Apple TV 4K at home. Some are the 2017 first gen and some are the 2021 one. All my videos are in my office’s late 2015 iMac 27. Everything’s smooth like butter. No plan/need to upgrade anything. Talk about long term value.

I got two of the 1st Gen one from Kijiji for $40 each !

I’ve tried Google TV 4K when it was on sale for $49.99 and I bought two. Returned within a week. The experience is night and day.
Nov 29, 2016
236 posts
80 upvotes
Googliya wrote: Is this compatible with any any IPTV apps like STBemu, TiViMate etc?
Viper98 wrote: Yes

Not those specific apps, but there are numerous apps you can use.

I jump between IPTVX and IPlayTV

Tivimax ( copy of tivimate )$$ and ISTB my best player! Ok Hand Sign
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7618 posts
5704 upvotes
Ottawa
Chuttt wrote: I have 5 Apple TV 4K at home. Some are the 2017 first gen and some are the 2021 one. All my videos are in my office’s late 2015 iMac 27. Everything’s smooth like butter. No plan/need to upgrade anything. Talk about long term value.

I’ve tried Google TV 4K when it was on sale for $49.99 and I bought two. Returned within a week. The experience is night and day.
I had all 3 Gens 4K ATV, I also got 4K Gen 1 from 2017, I got Google 4K TV for $40 as well( I don’t hate it , it’s good bonus, but I hate the browser on it , you have to use mouse&keyboard , and very sluggish) on 4K ATV the browser experience is way much better, I just use remote click 2 buttons it’s good to go, if I want to input website I got notifications on my iPhone immediately. I use browser &youtube on Atv 90% of my time.) I’m curious why you bought very old ATV Gen 1? I sold atv Gen 3 for $40 , 4K Gen 1 for $110 before Christmas.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7618 posts
5704 upvotes
Ottawa
Chuttt wrote: I have 5 Apple TV 4K at home. Some are the 2017 first gen and some are the 2021 one. All my videos are in my office’s late 2015 iMac 27. Everything’s smooth like butter. No plan/need to upgrade anything. Talk about long term value.

I had all 3 Gens 4K ATV, I also got 4K Gen 1 from 2017, I got Google 4K TV for $40 as well( I don’t hate it , it’s good bonus, but I hate the browser on it , you have to use mouse&keyboard , and very sluggish) on 4K ATV the browser experience is way much better, I just use remote click 2 buttons it’s good to go, if I want to input website I got notifications on my iPhone immediately. I use browser &youtube on Atv 90% of my time.) I’m curious why you bought very old ATV Gen 1? I sold atv Gen 3 for $40 , 4K Gen 1 for $110 before Christmas.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7618 posts
5704 upvotes
Ottawa

I had all 3 Gens 4K ATV, I also got 4K Gen 1 from 2017, I got Google 4K TV for $40 as well( I don’t hate it , it’s good bonus, but I hate the browser on it , you have to use mouse&keyboard , and very sluggish on it). on 4K ATV the browser experience is way much better, I just use remote click 2 buttons it’s good to go, if I want to input website I got notifications on my iPhone immediately. I use browser &youtube on Atv 90% of my time.) I’m curious why you bought very old ATV Gen 1? I sold atv Gen 3 for $40 , 4K Gen 1 for $110 before Christmas.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Nov 1, 2022
58 posts
27 upvotes
Thanks OP. Picked one up to replace a Chromecast HD that I picked up before Xmas, the performance in certain apps was terrible(video stuttering).
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
4203 posts
2133 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have 4K movies in google play movies but it only plays FHD in youtube in this ATV 4K, same in iPhone 13PM.

I have gen 1 and 2, and tempted to get another gen 2 64GB because I can get it for only $122.96