Expired Hot Deals

The Source

August Smart Lock Pro+ Connect - Silver ($164.96+tax)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2020 2:22 pm
[OP]
Jul 3, 2020
1 posts
21 upvotes

[The Source] August Smart Lock Pro+ Connect - Silver ($164.96+tax)

The August Smart Lock Pro + Connect is listed for $174.96, stackable with email signup to get an additional $10 off $100, making this $164.96+ tax.

Everywhere else its $300 + tax.
80 replies
Mar 7, 2011
83 posts
89 upvotes
Winnipeg
Thanks OP, I picked one up. I’m hoping this works with my older door that has a doorknob circumference too small for the Nest X Yale smart lock I had tried to install a few months ago. 🤞🏻
Remember 1% Rakuten too ;) it’s pennies but it adds up!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5089 posts
5821 upvotes
Alberta
Works well with Smartthings.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1920 posts
911 upvotes
Scarborough
looks like no further discount with psp..
Deal Addict
May 1, 2003
1908 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
Saw the price which really seems low compared to what I've seen it at before. After buying it now I'm having second thoughts.
Not sure if a smart lock is worth it..Can anyone who has one of these chime in with pros/cons?
Jun 2, 2011
626 posts
563 upvotes
jedijome wrote: Saw the price which really seems low compared to what I've seen it at before. After buying it now I'm having second thoughts.
Not sure if a smart lock is worth it..Can anyone who has one of these chime in with pros/cons?
I have it,and like it. But depends on you what features make it worth it, versus a "dumb" lock. No real issues other than the wireless link adapter has poor reception to the lock itself. You gotta have it plugged into an outlet that is within eyesight (and like 6ft) or it likely fails to sync during setup process. Works great with smartthings. This is the (now) old version, as they just released a new 2020 version in June, so this is prob start of clearance deals on the model.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11339 posts
8779 upvotes
Toronto
jedijome wrote: Saw the price which really seems low compared to what I've seen it at before. After buying it now I'm having second thoughts.
Lock automatically in case you forget, unlock automatically when you come near, allow visitors temporary access, check status of lock if you're really OCD
Nov 15, 2015
44 posts
71 upvotes
GTA
Angultra wrote: Lock automatically in case you forget, unlock automatically when you come near, allow visitors temporary access, check status of lock if you're really OCD
Yup - all while keeping your existing keys which is nice. From the outside it looks like a regular door, making it a discrete smart lock.
Jun 4, 2018
318 posts
208 upvotes
Damn smart home technologies really did come down in price and become more affordable

I got it from Amazon on a deal back in 2018 for 250 pre tax (lock pro +pad+ connect)
Sep 20, 2007
947 posts
455 upvotes
GVRD
I got mine (lock + connect) from Amazon for $165, and I'm very happy owner. Only concern is that the app requires the location data always for auto unlock to work. I left it on for the convenience, but some privacy conscious user might not want to use it. Neutral Face
Feb 8, 2007
785 posts
223 upvotes
jedijome wrote: Not sure if a smart lock is worth it..Can anyone who has one of these chime in with pros/cons?
Auto Unlock is great, no need to take out keys when returning home.

Auto lock is annoying, you don’t want the door to lock on you if are stepping out for a moment. I have provided feedback to August that auto lock needs to be improved so the lock auto locks only after it has auto unlocked, not every time the door is closed.

This is a minor annoyance for me as I have the keypad, which is a must if you truly want to be keyless. With the keypad you can obviously unlock. The best feature of the keypad is you can lock the door when you want it to be locked by just pressing the August button. It goes on sale for $60 and totally worth it if you have an August lock.
Oct 8, 2008
212 posts
117 upvotes
Ontario
Does it only auto lock if your device leaves the house, or just whenever the door closes?
Nov 5, 2012
606 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
esaul17 wrote: Does it only auto lock if your device leaves the house, or just whenever the door closes?
Whenever the door closes if you installed the door sensor. So what I do is to not totally shut the door so it won't lock me out when taking out the trash or getting mail outside.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6386 posts
1535 upvotes
Montreal
I have my auto lock set to 5 minutes which is perfect for me. I find the geofence to be too wide to use auto unlock.

I also have the keypad and use it with SmartThings.
I bought it during the Prime sale last year.
My only complaint is that batteries seem to need changing every 6 weeks.
August recommends using Duracell batteries but that would be too costly for me if I have to change 4 batteries every 6 weeks.
I recently bought a supply of Amazon Basic batteries for about $0.20 / battery so if they die, it's no big deal.
The new generation lock with connect built-in might be better but the battery is non-standard and relatively expensive.

I would say that, if the Yale Nest X doesn't fit, this lock would also be a problem.
Phils
Sep 22, 2009
103 posts
29 upvotes
Waterloo
Phils wrote: I have my auto lock set to 5 minutes which is perfect for me. I find the geofence to be too wide to use auto unlock.

August recommends using Duracell batteries but that would be too costly for me if I have to change 4 batteries every 6 weeks.
I recently bought a supply of Amazon Basic batteries for about $0.20 / battery so if they die, it's no big deal.
The new generation lock with connect built-in might be better but the battery is non-standard and relatively expensive.

I would say that, if the Yale Nest X doesn't fit, this lock would also be a problem.
Does anyone know if the NEW version wifi smart lock which is a lot smaller in size will last alot longer? It calls for CR123A batteries. I like the smaller generation with the connect built in but costly ($250 USD).
Feb 8, 2007
785 posts
223 upvotes
Phils wrote: I have my auto lock set to 5 minutes which is perfect for me. I find the geofence to be too wide to use auto unlock.

In my opinion auto lock need to be more smarter and not only based on a timer. I can sit on the front patio for a while and don’t want the door to be locked.

Auto Unlock uses both geofence and Bluetooth. So you can be within the geofence but the phone still needs to establish Bluetooth connection with the lock to unlock.

I had similar issues with the batteries the keypad came with. In winter I had the low batter notification within 2 weeks. I switched to energizer lithium batteries and it still reports full battery after 7 months.
Dec 3, 2017
184 posts
135 upvotes
yuan23 wrote: Whenever the door closes if you installed the door sensor. So what I do is to not totally shut the door so it won't lock me out when taking out the trash or getting mail outside.
You can chose after how much time it auto locks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)