• Jul 13th, 2019 8:18 am
Deal Addict
May 31, 2003
2963 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
Toraen wrote:
May 28th, 2019 3:00 pm
I ordered these on Sunday when I noticed they were back order-able with an estimated ship date of June 4.

Just got a shipping notice today, with eta today (hard to believe, but at least shipped).

These are expensive, but I used the wired version and they’re my go to headphones for walking my dogs. AirPods just didn’t stay in my ears well enough to risk a pod/poop catastrophe. Thanks OP.
Same with me, and they're showing out for delivery as of this morning.
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw." - Jack Handey
References
HeatWare
Nov 2, 2015
561 posts
199 upvotes
Markham
anyone return this at the source successfully?
[OP]
Jun 16, 2008
759 posts
578 upvotes
a16107 wrote:
May 29th, 2019 11:20 am
anyone return this at the source successfully?
Should be no problem as long as they're not opened. If you want to try them on first before opening a pair ordered from The Source, visit an Apple Store.

https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/returnsExchanges

Apple/Beats products Within 30 days of purchase (15 days for iPads), only if unopened. From time of purchase, warranty and service of your new Apple or Beats product will be handled solely by Apple Inc. at 1-800-275-2273. For Apple Watch Cellular, please reference "Connected devices" section.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2006
1145 posts
178 upvotes
Toronto
If you're okay with spending in this range for headphones (or a little more), these Master & Dynamic MW07 will trounce these or AirPods in the sound quality department. I have them and the sound is incredible. Had the new AirPods 2 ordered, but cancelled it and went with these. May not be quite as slick or fast with connecting as AirPods or these Beats, but sound quality was most important for me and these are exactly what I was looking for.

Currently $72 off at Amazon - $327 (normally $399) - Master & Dynamic MW07
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
765 upvotes
Moncton
Gmas wrote:
May 29th, 2019 11:40 am
If you're okay with spending in this range for headphones (or a little more), these Master & Dynamic MW07 will trounce these or AirPods in the sound quality department. I have them and the sound is incredible. Had the new AirPods 2 ordered, but cancelled it and went with these. May not be quite as slick or fast with connecting as AirPods or these Beats, but sound quality was most important for me and these are exactly what I was looking for.

Currently $72 off at Amazon - $327 (normally $399) - Master & Dynamic MW07
Have you compared the two? These look like they have aptx, which should be better for android but the beats have AAC which is best for ios devices. That being said, review websites I trust have the power beats trouncing the MW07 in sound quality and they cost less.
Jul 17, 2005
970 posts
123 upvotes
I'm really interested in these for call quality with a MBP. I do a lot of conference calls and wondering if anyone has tried them for that?
Deal Addict
May 26, 2006
1145 posts
178 upvotes
Toronto
KevinC268 wrote:
May 29th, 2019 12:49 pm
Have you compared the two? These look like they have aptx, which should be better for android but the beats have AAC which is best for ios devices. That being said, review websites I trust have the power beats trouncing the MW07 in sound quality and they cost less.
I've compared AirPods with the MW07 and there's no comparison. I wouldn't expect the Beats to have dramatically different sound quality than AirPods. Sound quality isn't the differentiator for Apple - they're about user experience, things working really well and playing together nicely....which they do very well.
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
765 upvotes
Moncton
Gmas wrote:
May 29th, 2019 1:56 pm
I've compared AirPods with the MW07 and there's no comparison. I wouldn't expect the Beats to have dramatically different sound quality than AirPods. Sound quality isn't the differentiator for Apple - they're about user experience, things working really well and playing together nicely....which they do very well.
here we go again... yes the beats sound a lot better than the airpods, the airpods are also much cheaper than either of those other buds. AirPods are popular because they are good enough for most people in every category, something the competition hasnt figured out yet in their price range. The beats are a big step up for people who want better sound.

All that being said, I probably wouldnt get the beats if you arent using a device that supports AAC.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2007
1144 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
Any idea when the other colors are set to release?
Jan 4, 2010
623 posts
371 upvotes
Waterloo
steven_s wrote: Any idea when the other colors are set to release?
August I think, but I don’t like how they don’t colour match the case with the colour buds. It’s really lazy just to give them all black cases and you are paying a premium for them. The wait and case colour is the reason why I went ahead and ordered the black ones. I’m very happy with that decision.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2007
1144 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
August... Damn. Was hoping sooner. Lol just want to match my gym bag...
Jul 27, 2015
634 posts
216 upvotes
British Columbia
Alright. So i decided to purchases these over priced headphones. Im an Android user

1. Didnt like them at first. Couldnt find a comfortable fit.
2. Once i did find a good fit. The sound was Meh
3. I had them on for a few hours listening to EDM. Started liking the sound and loudness.
4. I brought them to the gym for a few times now. Man are they comfortable and sound is plenty loud.

If you can stomach the price. They are worth it. Even better if you have an iPhone.

Also if you can get this PSP deal. Buy it!

Any questions. Feel free to ask

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

seiferseph