Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 18, 2009
98 posts
58 upvotes
Edmonton

[The Source] Bright Smart WiFi Plugs and Bulbs on sale

I purchased a number of these the last time they were on sale and am very happy with them. I had to set them up on my 2.4GHz network but once that was done just switched back to my 5GHz WiFi network.

I wouldn't recommend the regular white bulbs as they are definitely on the warmer side (I am currently using them in my front entrance and living room) and in my opinion the colored bulbs (albeit 2 dollars more) are the way to go.

It works with Alexa and Google Home. Once set up, I have had no problems with them at all and relative to the price of the Philips Hue series, I think these are an excellent alternative.

Bed, Bath, and Beyond still sells the 3 pack of the white bulbs for 69.99.

I've ordered another 18 to finish setting up around the house and on the garage. The app is pretty easy to use and I've already set up multiple groups along with the google home integration.
Last edited by Munked on Dec 27th, 2020 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
11 replies
Jan 21, 2015
98 posts
62 upvotes
YQR
Thanks, bought dozens of the $7 colour one, for use with Home Assistant commanding them on Raspis.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2005
2245 posts
636 upvotes
Maple
If anyone is interested the item I wanted to buy with my 25 source gift card is sold out. Ill sell the gift card for 20. Send me a PM.
[OP]
Jun 18, 2009
98 posts
58 upvotes
Edmonton
microsoldier54 wrote: Thanks, bought dozens of the $7 colour one, for use with Home Assistant commanding them on Raspis.
Hope this isn't a dumb question. But what is Raspis. I'm just getting into smart home equipment and would love to learn more.
Dec 12, 2009
262 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
Munked wrote: Hope this isn't a dumb question. But what is Raspis. I'm just getting into smart home equipment and would love to learn more.
raspberry pi
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1572 posts
403 upvotes
Got the par38. I wonder if I can use my generic color remote for it. It's the cheapest wifi par38l I can find.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2609 posts
851 upvotes
@Munked where do you see Smart Things support? I'm looking at the colour bulb and don't see that anywhere.
[OP]
Jun 18, 2009
98 posts
58 upvotes
Edmonton
vodka wrote: @Munked where do you see Smart Things support? I'm looking at the colour bulb and don't see that anywhere.
@vodka I apologize profusely, I swear I saw it listed on the app earlier. I'm a little upset myself as I have a Samsung Smart Things hub I was planning to integrate.
Last edited by Munked on Dec 27th, 2020 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 1, 2005
963 posts
407 upvotes
Markham
Munked wrote: @vodka I apologize profusely, I swear I saw it listed on the app earlier. I'm a little upset myself as I have a Samsung Smart Things hub I was planning on to integrate.
I believe this Bright brand are basically rebranded Globe products and are supported by SmartThings. My ST hub supports and controls Globe bulbs through cloud integration.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2609 posts
851 upvotes
It's all good, I just want to make sure it would work with ST as I don't want multiple apps to control these things, of course I prefer zwave or ZigBee but at $8 compared to $40++ I'll take it!!

For the record are we talking a out all these or the multi color light bulb (which I'm interested in)?
Aug 14, 2012
338 posts
277 upvotes
North Vancouver
Thanks OP! HOT! Picked up a bunch of the filament bulbs.

Was able to stack with:

1. $10 new email coupon
2. $10 ampli offer for $150+ purchase
3. 5% ampli Source bonus for using an RBC card
4. 5% ampli Source regular offer
5. AirMilesShops 10x miles event
[OP]
Jun 18, 2009
98 posts
58 upvotes
Edmonton
604reefer wrote: Thanks OP! HOT! Picked up a bunch of the filament bulbs.

Was able to stack with:

1. $10 new email coupon
2. $10 ampli offer for $150+ purchase
3. 5% ampli Source bonus for using an RBC card
4. 5% ampli Source regular offer
5. AirMilesShops 10x miles event
Very nice!!! I only got the 1 percent Rakuten! I forgot to check Airmiles!