Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

D-Link DIR-X1560 AX1500 Mesh Wi-Fi 6 Router $99.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2021 12:11 pm
Thread Summary
If you're looking for more options, check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best Wi-Fi 6 routers!
8 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3739 posts
4145 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Thanks OP for the effort to post a "Deal", but friends don't let friends buy Dlink networking hardware any more.

This model has been around for over a year, and they have only had a single firmware update ? Really ? It's not because it is not vulnerable, it is because Dlink has 0 commitment to supporting their own products.

IT is a cheap price, but you get what you pay for in this case.

Stick to routers from companies that support their models for the long haul, like Asus and Netgear. Afterall, the router is the 1 critical single point of failure in any home network. You want it to be reliable. Many poor experiences and reviews of some ISPs, can easily be traced back to crappy routers.

I won't even start on the number of hairpulling stories with Dlink routers. Just too many.

If you need a router and on a budget, spend and extra $30 (since it is also on sale now) and get an ASUS RT-AX56U. At least you also have options to use the Merlin firmware with this one.

Anyhow, just my opinion.
Dec 8, 2019
211 posts
348 upvotes
lucamayman wrote: How about TP-Link?
SPARTACVS wrote: Go with Asus.
TP-Link is a bit of a mixed bag - really dependent on the model. Although that is true to some extent with Asus and other brands as well. It's more important to check the reviews of the specific model that you are considering.

That said, I've also had nothing but bad experiences with D-Link. Stay away.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3221 posts
1193 upvotes
Lévis
kevinkuo wrote: TP-Link is a bit of a mixed bag - really dependent on the model. Although that is true to some extent with Asus and other brands as well. It's more important to check the reviews of the specific model that you are considering.

That said, I've also had nothing but bad experiences with D-Link. Stay away.
You are most probably right. I always tell peoples to don't blindly buy any brand. They all have better products and the best product of an average company can be better than the lesser good product of a good company...
Pourquoi pas?
May 21, 2015
812 posts
1008 upvotes
S'toon
Emporium wrote: Thanks OP for the effort to post a "Deal", but friends don't let friends buy Dlink networking hardware any more.

This model has been around for over a year, and they have only had a single firmware update ? Really ? It's not because it is not vulnerable, it is because Dlink has 0 commitment to supporting their own products.

IT is a cheap price, but you get what you pay for in this case.

Stick to routers from companies that support their models for the long haul, like Asus and Netgear. Afterall, the router is the 1 critical single point of failure in any home network. You want it to be reliable. Many poor experiences and reviews of some ISPs, can easily be traced back to crappy routers.

I won't even start on the number of hairpulling stories with Dlink routers. Just too many.

If you need a router and on a budget, spend and extra $30 (since it is also on sale now) and get an ASUS RT-AX56U. At least you also have options to use the Merlin firmware with this one.

Anyhow, just my opinion.
100% agree on it. I got a D-Link router as well as these routers will get 0 updates, they only update once or twice when they are newly released.