[The Source] D-Link Smart Outdoor Plug with 3 pack WiFi Light bulbs- 50% off

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2019 4:48 pm
[OP]
Sep 19, 2011
5 posts
13 upvotes

[The Source] D-Link Smart Outdoor Plug with 3 pack WiFi Light bulbs- 50% off

great bundle deal on a D-Link Wifi Outdoor Smart Plug (2 outlets) with a 3 pack of Bright WiFi Light bulbs for $49.99 (50% off)!

one day only, December 17th at The source and thesource.ca
39 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3253 posts
3188 upvotes
Alberta
CheapoFillipo wrote: I have always been thinking "do I really need to turn on lights from anywhere?" but then the image of the person setting up their pool robot might have actually sold me!
I have the TP-Link smart outdoor plug and it's great for programming the block heaters for our vehicles.
Dec 15, 2017
498 posts
864 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks OP. I might go for this from the source if it is still available. I was trying to figure out what to buy (that I need) as a filler at Staples to make it $75 so that the $25 off coupon code would apply.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2043 posts
856 upvotes
Montreal
why would you need an outdoor USB plug?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3253 posts
3188 upvotes
Alberta
williamsauga wrote: why would you need an outdoor USB plug?
I was thinking the same thing...
Nov 26, 2003
561 posts
168 upvotes
Lush78 wrote: I was thinking the same thing...
Maybe in warmer areas you sit outside and need to charge phones. I take my Google Home Mini outside in the summer and plug it into the Backup Battery when by the pool.
Dec 15, 2017
498 posts
864 upvotes
Vancouver
You don't have to use the USB port. I am just using it for my outdoor holiday lights as a timer. I bought the prime wire outdoor wifi plug (2 pack) from Costco for $23 and it intermittently shuts off whether I had it always on or with set schedules. Prime wire's tech support said the product may be defective and they can send me a replacement (what a joke, like it will arrive the next day). I will be returning it back to Costco for sure. So now I am looking at trying this or the tp-link one.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
9692 posts
2221 upvotes
Winnipeg
Lush78 wrote: I have the TP-Link smart outdoor plug and it's great for programming the block heaters for our vehicles.
can you program it to run for 30 min and off for 30 min 24/7?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
17120 posts
2159 upvotes
Out west
QuickFingers wrote: You don't have to use the USB port. I am just using it for my outdoor holiday lights as a timer. I bought the prime wire outdoor wifi plug (2 pack) from Costco for $23 and it intermittently shuts off whether I had it always on or with set schedules. Prime wire's tech support said the product may be defective and they can send me a replacement (what a joke, like it will arrive the next day). I will be returning it back to Costco for sure. So now I am looking at trying this or the tp-link one.
I bought that 2 pack as well, havent taken them out of the package. Want them for block heaters basically. But maybe this model would be more reliable?
Jun 2, 2007
411 posts
329 upvotes
Markham
Highly suspect that it's still IP54 when you have things plugged in like in the photo
Don't forget to like and subscribe! 😎👍