DEAD - Sengled Snap 14W Outdoor Floodlight with Wireless Camera - White $59.96

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2019 12:56 pm
[OP]
May 17, 2009
491 posts
1631 upvotes
Toronto

[The Source] DEAD - Sengled Snap 14W Outdoor Floodlight with Wireless Camera - White $59.96

LINK

Video Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Last edited by Don Freak on Nov 5th, 2019 12:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
27 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
16386 posts
4253 upvotes
I like this product but the cloud sub is the killer and no sd slot..
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
16386 posts
4253 upvotes
does the motion sensor work with video? like will I get alert?
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Sep 11, 2004
132 posts
35 upvotes
I bought this a couple years ago. Without the monthy subscription (which I don't have), you get 24h of cloud storage, 2 way voice communication through the phone app and the device, motion sensing notifications on the app, motion sensor for the flood light, and a light schedule. With the paid subscription it detects people vs object motion, motion zones, and longer retention. The quality of the video is really good though. I was glad I bought it.
Sep 11, 2004
132 posts
35 upvotes
Also, its $149 at Home Depot and $150 at Rona. Price match for more savings!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1573 posts
755 upvotes
Toronto
Wow! Crazy price. Seems to go for around $150 on amazon (https://www.amazon.ca/Sengled-Floodligh ... 547&sr=8-7).

I'm pleased with my other sengled bulbs. May have to give this a try. Only concern is that you have to have an socket where you can position the bulb at the correct angle. Unfortunately, my outdoor fixtures won't currently work with this. At this price, I may need to buy now and figure it out later.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3040 posts
3006 upvotes
Yep I have one of these and I'm pretty happy with it. Also only on the free plan. It streams video back to their servers constantly and you can watch any point in time for the past 24 hours (not like Wyze, which only records 15 second alert "clips" when it detects motion, and then goes to sleep, which means it tends to only capture the beginning of the "action")

My only wish is that it had RTSP support to record to a local server, or be a bit more hackable
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
16386 posts
4253 upvotes
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: Yep I have one of these and I'm pretty happy with it. Also only on the free plan. It streams video back to their servers constantly and you can watch any point in time for the past 24 hours (not like Wyze, which only records 15 second alert "clips" when it detects motion, and then goes to sleep, which means it tends to only capture the beginning of the "action")

My only wish is that it had RTSP support to record to a local server, or be a bit more hackable
dolemite wrote: I bought this a couple years ago. Without the monthy subscription (which I don't have), you get 24h of cloud storage, 2 way voice communication through the phone app and the device, motion sensing notifications on the app, motion sensor for the flood light, and a light schedule. With the paid subscription it detects people vs object motion, motion zones, and longer retention. The quality of the video is really good though. I was glad I bought it.
is it just plug and play? I mean I can plug the light bulb to my existing fixture?

and do I get alert mssg or email whenever there is motion? I mean referring to the 24hrs free sub
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1360 posts
1022 upvotes
Whitby
Man, all these RFD deals are making me invent scenarios which I won't be encountering at all.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3040 posts
3006 upvotes
kiasu wrote: is it just plug and play? I mean I can plug the light bulb to my existing fixture?

and do I get alert mssg or email whenever there is motion? I mean referring to the 24hrs free sub
Yes, you just screw it in to the existing socket, no extra wiring

The free plan includes sending you phone alerts whenever there is motion detected
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
16386 posts
4253 upvotes
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: Yes, you just screw it in to the existing socket, no extra wiring

The free plan includes sending you phone alerts whenever there is motion detected
nice..ordered one...thank you..
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
4986 posts
6504 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
I could use one of these. I wanna replace my motion sensor with this. But how da heck do i get it to screw in? I need to add a part?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
16386 posts
4253 upvotes
chilli604 wrote: I could use one of these. I wanna replace my motion sensor with this. But how da heck do i get it to screw in? I need to add a part?
that is a lightbulb + camera....just replace the lightbulb like u normally do...I guess....
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16239 posts
31178 upvotes
Scarborough
I didn't know Sengled made one of these. Just picked up 2 to try out so hopefully they work as good as their other products.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
16386 posts
4253 upvotes
hssironman wrote: Wow! Crazy price. Seems to go for around $150 on amazon (https://www.amazon.ca/Sengled-Floodligh ... 547&sr=8-7).

I'm pleased with my other sengled bulbs. May have to give this a try. Only concern is that you have to have an socket where you can position the bulb at the correct angle. Unfortunately, my outdoor fixtures won't currently work with this. At this price, I may need to buy now and figure it out later.
I already have a light fixture at my entrance..isn't that just remove the old light bulb and replace with this?
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Jan 10, 2011
257 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
Great price, but a light bulb directly exposed to the air in outdoor?

What kind of lighting fixtures do you guys have in the porch?!
Aug 13, 2017
222 posts
237 upvotes
i am soo tempted. I was thinking of putting something in the backyard. but the reviews are not great... hmmmm
Feb 29, 2016
194 posts
104 upvotes
kfunluc wrote: 2.5* rating on Home Depot: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/sengle ... 1001015705

The last 3 reviews which are the only ones from this year all gave 1 star BUT SOMEHOW I'M STILL TEMPTED
It's a good idea, but not sure about the execution. The latter part of this youtube video shows a somewhat unsmooth/unpolished user experience via the app.

Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
3994 posts
3366 upvotes
Ajax
Even for $60 i wouldn't recommend this. The cloud subscription kills the deal and since you can't flash it with RTSP firmware or use an SD card you are at mercy to Sengled's cloud forever. You are better off getting a Wyze cam with an outdoor mount...or just wait for the official outdoor cam to come out.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)