Expired Hot Deals

The Source

Ezviz DB1 camera doorbell $99/$109

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2021 5:22 am
[OP]
Sr. Member
Feb 28, 2011
703 posts
1662 upvotes
ottawa

[The Source] Ezviz DB1 camera doorbell $99/$109

The Source Boxing Day sale on Ezviz DB1 camera doorbell for $109. If you sign up for marketing email another $10 off.

The advantage of this camera doorbell is its support for RTSP and ONVIF standard (latter requires flashing with alternative firmware, lots of instructions online) you can save your videos to local storage, in my case Synology NAS. And you can use multiple applications to view video stream. This is very useful if you have multiple cameras and brands compatible with one application like IP Cam Viewer.

Another positive is its supports dual band wifi 2.4GHz/5GHz.
The doorbell has 3MP camera with 1080P resolution.

I don’t think it’s the best doorbell camera but the major factors for me it’s hackable and I can save my videos to my Synology NAS, more secure than saving videos to memory card on the bell. Again, I don’t think this camera is better than the main players like nest, ring etc. But, if the image is reasonably good and no monthly fees for storage and I don’t need to leave memory card on the actual bell then, it’s a winner. And, $99!

Same price is in Best Buy and Staples.
https://www.staples.ca/products/2948501 ... view-wired
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ez ... e/13549934

This doorbell comes in different flavours brands/models. Here is the link to FAQ and instructions to what you can do with it.
https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/new-rca-h ... 1/page-101
Images
  • B584531E-B52B-4FED-AF2E-17999EECAE59.png
Last edited by TomRFD on Jan 11th, 2021 10:15 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: updated post content
367 replies
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 24, 2011
695 posts
506 upvotes
Montreal / Laval
Same price on Amazon and Homedepot during BF. This camera has PIR motion that limits a lot of false detection. I love this doorbell. Works flawlessly.
-------------
Public Mobile Cell + Data: Unlimited talk and text + 2GB - 20$
Zoomer Wireless Cell + Data : Unlimited talk and text + 6 GB - 40$
IVC Internet : 100/30M Videotron cable - 40$
Sr. Member
Aug 16, 2020
799 posts
145 upvotes
How is this one in comparison to Google Nest or Ring or Effy etc.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 24, 2011
695 posts
506 upvotes
Montreal / Laval
newuserhere wrote: How is this one in comparison to Google Nest or Ring or Effy etc.
The matter for me is paid subscription of all these mentioned camera and possibly of local recording . Evzviz costs me 0 and I can save detection locally on Sd card or NAS by using RTSP streaming.
-------------
Public Mobile Cell + Data: Unlimited talk and text + 2GB - 20$
Zoomer Wireless Cell + Data : Unlimited talk and text + 6 GB - 40$
IVC Internet : 100/30M Videotron cable - 40$
Sr. Member
Oct 29, 2016
566 posts
377 upvotes
What kind of power do these need? I don't have a doorbell right now :( could maybe run a wire?
[OP]
Sr. Member
Feb 28, 2011
703 posts
1662 upvotes
ottawa
User381589 wrote: What kind of power do these need? I don't have a doorbell right now :( could maybe run a wire?
You need to run a wire and it requires at least 16V 30VA power. You will need a transformer if it’s lower in your case. Lots of them on Amazon for under $30. I saw one in home depot for $27.
Sr. Member
Nov 27, 2019
541 posts
119 upvotes
gena_mak wrote: You need to run a wire and it requires at least 16V 30VA power. You will need a transformer if it’s lower in your case. Lots of them on Amazon for under $30. I saw one in home depot for $27.
Oh I thought this was a wireless bell.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 28, 2006
11536 posts
2468 upvotes
okay, which button should I press?

Image
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). If you have cold symptoms, please wear a mask.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1218 posts
1665 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
82 wrote: okay, which button should I press?

Image
If you can't figure that out... You shouldn't go outside
Sr. Member
Feb 15, 2005
606 posts
257 upvotes
Calgary
nicknam4e wrote: The matter for me is paid subscription of all these mentioned camera and possibly of local recording . Evzviz costs me 0 and I can save detection locally on Sd card or NAS by using RTSP streaming.
Do you mind Explaining like I'm 5 (eli5) about rtsp?

I have ezviz + micro SD, but I wouldn't mind storing it all to a local had drive so if theives break/steal camera they aren't taking MicroSD too.

Cheers. And happy holidays
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 28, 2006
11536 posts
2468 upvotes
If I need to ring my own doorbell, I really shouldn't go outside.
wartune123 wrote: If you can't figure that out... You shouldn't go outside
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). If you have cold symptoms, please wear a mask.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Feb 28, 2011
703 posts
1662 upvotes
ottawa
82 wrote: okay, which button should I press?

Image
You will have three tries to figure it out. Have little patience, you will get it right eventually.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 29, 2006
1916 posts
209 upvotes
Markham
This doorbell has been pretty handy, but the false positives in lower light when a van or truck drives by are a little annoying, even when set to 1.5 metres. I need to experiment with another firmware one day to see if I can stop this.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Feb 28, 2011
703 posts
1662 upvotes
ottawa
evilution wrote: Do you mind Explaining like I'm 5 (eli5) about rtsp?

I have ezviz + micro SD, but I wouldn't mind storing it all to a local had drive so if theives break/steal camera they aren't taking MicroSD too.

Cheers. And happy holidays
I am afraid 5 years old will not be able (some rare exceptions...) to configure rtsp but, 10 years old would be able to read it from here
https://community.ezvizlife.com/hc/en-u ... _site=true

Also, it is depending on a program you use but, overall it’s not that difficult. I was able to add rtsp camera to synology nas, ip cam viewer and some other app I don’t remember the name now in iPhone App Store.
Last edited by gena_mak on Dec 25th, 2020 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Feb 28, 2011
703 posts
1662 upvotes
ottawa
ndrew029 wrote: This doorbell has been pretty handy, but the false positives in lower light when a van or truck drives by are a little annoying, even when set to 1.5 metres. I need to experiment with another firmware one day to see if I can stop this.
I read someone set the zone to 5 or 3 feet and had better success with the detection. Also, check if you can tilt the bell to face down a little, IMHO.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2348 posts
441 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
I almost bought this at Bestbuy last month when I had hard time to open the cover on my chime box. Any tricks?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
3293 posts
2042 upvotes
Mississauga
Very good camera if you want to avoid monthly fees. I have hooked it up to my BlueIris NVR and set it up for continuous recording. It has never fallen off the network in last 2 years that I have been using it.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 24, 2011
695 posts
506 upvotes
Montreal / Laval
gena_mak wrote: You will have three tries to figure it out. Have little patience, you will get it right eventually.
Active the light on the bell buton will help. Otherwise I put the doorbell on a grey plate. No problem at all until date. Even my boys of 2 year old got it the first try Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Images
  • IMG_20201225_142153.jpg
Last edited by nicknam4e on Dec 25th, 2020 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------
Public Mobile Cell + Data: Unlimited talk and text + 2GB - 20$
Zoomer Wireless Cell + Data : Unlimited talk and text + 6 GB - 40$
IVC Internet : 100/30M Videotron cable - 40$
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 24, 2011
695 posts
506 upvotes
Montreal / Laval
gena_mak wrote: I am afraid 5 years old will not be able (some rare exceptions...) to configure rtsp but, 10 years old would be able to read it from here
https://community.ezvizlife.com/hc/en-u ... _site=true

Also, it is depending on a program you use but, overall it’s not that difficult. I was able to add rtsp camera to synology nas, ip cam viewer and some other app I don’t remember the name now in iPhone App Store.
Ezviz also gives 3 hours of recording on their cloud for free lifetime.
-------------
Public Mobile Cell + Data: Unlimited talk and text + 2GB - 20$
Zoomer Wireless Cell + Data : Unlimited talk and text + 6 GB - 40$
IVC Internet : 100/30M Videotron cable - 40$
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 25, 2003
16548 posts
5027 upvotes
Markham
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro

Top