Expired Hot Deals

[The Source] Fitbit® Flex 2 Wireless Activity+Sleep Tracker - $19.96 (Black/Lavender) - OOS Online

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2020 1:27 pm
[OP]
Apr 25, 2014
155 posts
134 upvotes
Ottawa, ON

[The Source] Fitbit® Flex 2 Wireless Activity+Sleep Tracker - $19.96 (Black/Lavender) - OOS Online

I have been looking for a simple fitness tracker with alarm option for a while, and just found this Fitbit® Flex 2 at "The Source" clearance event for just a bit more of the price of many brand-less activity trackers on AliExpress. Seems to be enough for light users.

It does not show up on Fitbit's webpage anymore and most website lists it as unavailable, so, I assume it is end of life, that being said, you can find "new/unopened" ones in ebay.ca for almost $80 so I think that $20 is a Hot Deal (I actually triple checked to confirm that it was not only a band but the whole tracker).

There are two models available online:
Lavender: https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/p/108060476

and Black: https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/p/108060474

It did not apply any extra discount to my CAA account.

Edit: It is OOS online, if a Mod wants to move it to "Expired Deals" be my guest, in the meantime, keep that in mind; there might still be some available in some locations, but YMMV.
Last edited by Denkel on Feb 21st, 2020 7:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
23 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
30434 posts
1460 upvotes
Fernando Po
Don't have faith in these for tracking sleep. Had an early version, had me walking a mile in my sleep.
Jan 10, 2018
147 posts
314 upvotes
Picked one up for my father, as he's been counting calories lately and this will keep him motivated. Thanks OP.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6742 posts
5583 upvotes
North York
hagbard wrote: Don't have faith in these for tracking sleep. Had an early version, had me walking a mile in my sleep.
that could potentially be true
Mar 19, 2007
242 posts
34 upvotes
sadly no heartrate monitor. still picked one up for general sleep tracking
Dec 28, 2007
456 posts
95 upvotes
Ottawa
Hoping to use the silent alarm. I am hoping that this being on my wrist does not bother me.
Feb 12, 2012
112 posts
28 upvotes
Oshawa
Picked one up, thanks OP!
[OP]
Apr 25, 2014
155 posts
134 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
konsensei wrote: that could potentially be true
That is what I was going to say myself... there are some people that move a LOT when sleeping, so it could be read as walking by the tracker.
[OP]
Apr 25, 2014
155 posts
134 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
cash_717 wrote: Hoping to use the silent alarm. I am hoping that this being on my wrist does not bother me.
That is the main reason I want it for too, the ability to setup some silent alarms for the day (I tend to lose track of time), so I keep a predefined pace while doing my chores (or taking my breaks).
I tried using the phone for that, but it was annoying for the people around me, and I do not always have the phone on me, so it will sit, bothering others, but not notifying me :facepalm:

I just hope the app allows me to setup more than one alarm! It would be a bummer if it was limited Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Mar 17, 2018
740 posts
990 upvotes
Fit Bits are total scams!! BUYER BEWARE!!

You give them access to your complete contact list, phone and text messages. Zero privacy. Apps like these should have limited access!!
Yes, I'd like to price match RedFlagDeals please - Ken Adams

$45 4GB Unlimited Talk/Text Canada Rogers
$23.99 1GB Unlimited Talk/Text Canada Public Mobile
$0.00 a month (FREE using Google Opinion Rewards) Unlimited Talk/Text Fongo Mobile App
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3000 posts
768 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone wants to trade your lavendar for my black let me know :)
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4261 posts
681 upvotes
Edmonton
The price is good but don’t expect them to be a long term investment. I had loads of issues with fitbit products breaking over time. Step tracking is not as good as other watches. Sleep seems to be fairly good. The app can be limiting as compared to others like Garmin.

I vastly prefer Garmin but a Garmin is not $20.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Dec 24, 2017
507 posts
353 upvotes
London
KenAdams wrote:
You give them access to your complete contact list, phone and text messages. Zero privacy. Apps like these should have limited access!!
to be fair, many fitbits act as semi-smartwatches so they show texts and notifications on them. In order to do that, the app needs access to contacts and text messages.....