• Feb 18th, 2018 8:16 am
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1500 posts
712 upvotes
Vancouver
L4cky wrote:
Dec 24th, 2017 9:07 pm
oh. well is it better to buy a smaller version of sony x800 ou x900 like 48 inches vs this larger but not as good?
Hard question to answer because everyone has preference.

I.e. if you're not picky about quality, then some would say bigger is better because the experience is different. Others might want better quality panel/HDR-10/etc and in that case you want the better/smaller TV. Also budget is another thing to consider. If you have a hard/set budget then you limit your options but if you can expand your budget, there is always something else to consider (and actually makes a choice a lot tougher due to more options).

Personally i recommend making priority of features based on what you use your TV for. Example do you watch a lot of 4k movie or want HDR-10? If so might want to consider a higher end panel. Do you watch a lot of low quality source (say cable)? If so maybe you want bigger size (won't really take advantage of the better TV). Are you going to be close to your TV? In which case a smaller/better panel might be better.

Of course don't take too long or the TV you want might be sold out...
Oct 26, 2008
155 posts
86 upvotes
Whitby
Alex1114 wrote:
Dec 24th, 2017 3:03 pm
How did you do it? I tried..

Edit: Perhaps you weren't logged in under a PSP (Goodlife, CAA, etc.) so it worked.
I'm sorry I don't know what PSP is, but you are correct. No other affiliate just added to cart, apply code and purchase.

Merry Christmas!

[]-=SrZ=-[]
Mar 26, 2013
110 posts
50 upvotes
GTA
crompyb wrote:
Dec 25th, 2017 12:49 am
Sold out

yup right when i was about to pull the trigger too.. oh well now i don't have to fight with the mrs
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1500 posts
712 upvotes
Vancouver
UnluckyDucky wrote:
Dec 25th, 2017 1:00 am
yup right when i was about to pull the trigger too.. oh well now i don't have to fight with the mrs
Well RCA are still in stock for a bit more or hope this restocks. Im surprised it lasted so long because i had multiple impluses to buy...

Always “i should buy this, its only $570 (psp)”
Followed by “meh i dont feel like going to the source to play panel lottery”
“only $570”
“Taking a 65” tv to the mall”
“$570!!!!”

At the end of the day, good luck to those who bought it. I guess im just not enough of a RFDer to follow through with the possibility of panel lottery (among other minor reasons). Still i would probably consider this the best 65” tv deal in terms of bang for your buck.
Oct 26, 2008
155 posts
86 upvotes
Whitby
Paigne wrote:
Dec 25th, 2017 1:35 am
Well RCA are still in stock for a bit more or hope this restocks. Im surprised it lasted so long because i had multiple impluses to buy...

Always “i should buy this, its only $570 (psp)”
Followed by “meh i dont feel like going to the source to play panel lottery”
“only $570”
“Taking a 65” tv to the mall”
“$570!!!!”

At the end of the day, good luck to those who bought it. I guess im just not enough of a RFDer to follow through with the possibility of panel lottery (among other minor reasons). Still i would probably consider this the best 65” tv deal in terms of bang for your buck.
That is exactly how I went through the process, only mine ended with following the 1st rule of RFD.... Buy now, think later.

I too am hoping to win the panel lottery.

Merry Christmas everyone!

[]-=SrZ=-[]
Mar 13, 2008
143 posts
19 upvotes
Calgary
I placed my order in the morning of Dec 23 and the order status remains “in process”. Anyone knows if The Source has the tendency to cancel people’s order if they oversold? I just don’t want them to email me about the cancellation after all the Boxing Day TV deals are gone.
Dec 13, 2006
527 posts
30 upvotes
nsfour wrote:
Dec 25th, 2017 11:26 am
I placed my order in the morning of Dec 23 and the order status remains “in process”. Anyone knows if The Source has the tendency to cancel people’s order if they oversold? I just don’t want them to email me about the cancellation after all the Boxing Day TV deals are gone.
same deal here. Ordered, on 22nd and delivery date to store shows up as 29th but its still processing... They got my money, ship the damn TV, Sourz
i5-2500K|4.4GHz|Water2.0Extreme|Z68X-UD3H-B3|16GB.C9.1600MHz|HD7970|120GB.Solid3|WD+Seagate|HCP-1000W|White.Switch810|Zowie.Celeritas+EC2|Corsar.V2000|1440p.120hz.120fps
E6600|3.4GHz|P5N32E-SLI+|4GB.C4.1000MHz|GTX560|WD|Antec.Eco-450W|CM.case|Zowie.EC2|Razer.BWUBF3|ATHM50LE|1080p.60hz.60fps
Aug 24, 2011
480 posts
145 upvotes
Minimal Effort wrote:
Dec 25th, 2017 1:34 pm
same deal here. Ordered, on 22nd and delivery date to store shows up as 29th but its still processing... They got my money, ship the damn TV, Sourz
Buy the one that you want and can afford on boxing day, you always return the one you don't want later anyway. At least you don't miss out on the deal
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7401 posts
1552 upvotes
Edmonton
Hey, would someone mind measuring the distance between the 2 feet of the TV legs/stand included, as well as the width? Trying to figure out bare minimum needed for an entertainment unit. Thanks!!

1.JPG
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
3648 posts
512 upvotes
Windsor
Picked up mine today... Pretty impressed so far. Yes it's a little quirky but the picture quality is great for the money. And that's out of the box, I haven't calibrated it yet....

I have a slight small defect on the frame where the coating is missing... Not worth returning for, I'll just colour it in with a Sharpie.
Nov 15, 2006
128 posts
27 upvotes
Any chance this TV comes back in stock before the sale ends on Jan 3? I live chatted with an agent and he didn’t know but said it is a current model.

Hoping it comes back in stock. For those that received the TV or will receive shortly, please post reviews
Mar 7, 2011
66 posts
43 upvotes
Langley
G77 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2017 7:13 pm
Picked up mine today... Pretty impressed so far. Yes it's a little quirky but the picture quality is great for the money. And that's out of the box, I haven't calibrated it yet....

I have a slight small defect on the frame where the coating is missing... Not worth returning for, I'll just colour it in with a Sharpie.
I used THX tune up to calibrate mine and am very pleased with the results. If you are calibrating yourself I'd suggest trying that.

What did you mean by quirky?

Would you mind sharing a picture of the defect you spoke of for the rest of us?
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
3648 posts
512 upvotes
Windsor
crompyb wrote:
Dec 28th, 2017 12:36 am
I used THX tune up to calibrate mine and am very pleased with the results. If you are calibrating yourself I'd suggest trying that.

What did you mean by quirky?

Would you mind sharing a picture of the defect you spoke of for the rest of us?
I used THX Tune Up and it only needed very minor adjustments, mainly colour needed turning down a little. Interestingly, turning off DLC caused some strange effects, so I've had to leave it on.

By quirky I mean for example selecting HDMI 1 where my Fire TV 3 is doesn't always work, it's as though it loses the HDCP handshake. Restarting the Fire TV gets it back, but that's a bit of a pain.

I've noticed I do have some backlighting unevenness, only really noticeable in dark scenes, probably to be expected on a budget tv.

I can post a picture of the defect but it's only about 2mm on the top right corner.

EDIT: Just noticed DLC is on the tv menu, I was trying to disable it from the service menu... Don't do that, it sends the tv nuts, I had to factory reset it after doing that.

Also I think I've solved the issue with the Fire TV by switching HDMI EDID from Mode 1 to Mode 2. Seems that Mode 2 = HDMI 2.0, I should have noticed that in the manual.

Anyone know if it's just HDMI port 1 that supports 4k/HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7401 posts
1552 upvotes
Edmonton
Can anyone shed some light on how to decrease input lag for a PS2 (retro gaming) console using a component cable hooked directly to the TV? We were thrilled to find an 'AV' and 'component' inputs on there, but the current lag is too difficult to play Wrestling games with. Thanks, for any tips!! Picture wise, this seems great so far!