• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2018 8:16 am
Sep 23, 2012
23 posts
10 upvotes
Pincourt
LDN2012 wrote:
Dec 29th, 2017 4:43 pm
Does anyone know where to go in the general settings to disable the fluid logo upon power up?

My service menu looks slightly different from the earlier post :s

I also have an older sound system using component/AV red white cables for sound but I can't seem to get sound through the speakers in video mode on my system. Are there settings I need to change on the TV?
Go to Others->Others->PowerOn Logo. But I have not been able to turn it off. It says OFF for me, yet there is the logo. If I changed to ON, it does not retain the setting.,
Sep 23, 2012
23 posts
10 upvotes
Pincourt
AlbertIshnoo wrote:
Dec 21st, 2017 10:50 am
The 55" RCA is a good price, but it is a 60Hz panel with 120 "motion" while the Fluid is a true 120Hz panel. It makes me think that the panel is probably more recent and may have better features and specs related to contrast and peak brightness.
The 55" has a ATSC/NTSC Tuner, which is good.
The brightness is also specified on the Walmart's page:
• Brightness: 150CD/M2
I think the picture quality of the fluid 65" is much better than my 2016 RCA 55" 4k TV.
Jan 18, 2014
111 posts
101 upvotes
Markham
Had the TV for about a day until it died last night. Was in the middle of streaming a video when it cut out and displayed a 'No Signal' message. Tested with all the other HDMI ports and with different sources, factory reset the TV but it didn't make a difference. Power cycled the TV a few times in the process and now it no longer turns on.

Called The Source this morning to explain the situation and they were able to send a replacement unit out for pickup again.

Really hoping my first one was a lemon and not a fundamental design flaw because I really do like this TV.
Dec 8, 2006
527 posts
111 upvotes
wstewart wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 1:01 am
Go to Others->Others->PowerOn Logo. But I have not been able to turn it off. It says OFF for me, yet there is the logo. If I changed to ON, it does not retain the setting.,
Thanks. I tried it as well and turned it to off, but there is still the logo there for me as well. Anyone else having luck with that? I find the boot time is pretty long (few seconds).
Dec 21, 2017
132 posts
7 upvotes
Markham
If anyone unhappy or selling their fluid 65 let me know :)
Thanks.
Jul 1, 2017
14 posts
9 upvotes
crompyb wrote:
Dec 30th, 2017 7:20 pm

Everything I find on this panel says it's native 120hz. Where are you finding that it's using backlighting to simulate 120hz?

Has anyone managed to sort this out or have a different result? Any input I've checked says [1080p 60hz] or [3840x2160 60hz].....should everything not be 120hz? I amadmittedly not knowledgable about TVs or monitors. Happy with the TV otherwise and I don't think it would be a deal breaker but 120 Hz is why I jumped on it.

I can provide panel or other info if needed
Mar 7, 2011
70 posts
47 upvotes
Langley
Knappkin wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 8:41 pm
Has anyone managed to sort this out or have a different result? Any input I've checked says [1080p 60hz] or [3840x2160 60hz].....should everything not be 120hz? I amadmittedly not knowledgable about TVs or monitors. Happy with the TV otherwise and I don't think it would be a deal breaker but 120 Hz is why I jumped on it.

I can provide panel or other info if needed
The panel is a native 120hz. It takes the 60 frames and using Motion Estimation/Motion Compensation it interpolates extra frames. Most TVs including the name brands accept a maximum of 60hz signal and use some sort of MEMC to display at the panels native refresh rate of 120hz. Anything above 120hz is using backlighting to simulate more frames. Some TV's have a 60hz panel and use backlighting to get to 120 but that isn't the case here.
Jul 1, 2017
14 posts
9 upvotes
crompyb wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 10:20 pm
The panel is a native 120hz. It takes the 60 frames and using Motion Estimation/Motion Compensation it interpolates extra frames. Most TVs including the name brands accept a maximum of 60hz signal and use some sort of MEMC to display at the panels native refresh rate of 120hz. Anything above 120hz is using backlighting to simulate more frames. Some TV's have a 60hz panel and use backlighting to get to 120 but that isn't the case here.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. So is it normal that a native 120hz panel would only show [1080p 60hz] when I select my input for a ps4? I would have expected the display to say [1080p 120hz].
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
3715 posts
532 upvotes
Windsor
After using this TV for just over a week, I think it was an incredible bargain. Paired with a Roku Premiere+, even though it can’t do HDR, it can do 10-bit colour, so looks amazing with Netflix 4K.

I do have some backlighting unevenness which is visible in very dark scenes, but at this price that’s easy to overlook...

Seems unlikely it’s going to come back again at this price, but if it did I would be tempted to pickup another!
Mar 7, 2011
70 posts
47 upvotes
Langley
Knappkin wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 10:55 pm
Thanks for taking the time to respond. So is it normal that a native 120hz panel would only show [1080p 60hz] when I select my input for a ps4? I would have expected the display to say [1080p 120hz].
Yes it's normal. Even the PS4 pro and Xbox One X only output at 60hz. Most content is produced at 24, 30 or 60 hz. The additional frames added make motion more fluid and reduce blurring
Jun 25, 2012
62 posts
36 upvotes
Montreal
Had the TV for 6 days, then it died too :(
The TV is turning on (Blue LED bottom left, and using remote or buttons I am able to get sound and change inputs), but the picture is gone.

After checking multiple videos, it seems it's probably one of the boards that had an early failure.

Called customer service and they said I have to bring my TV to any The Source store.. Which is a pain since I need to plan for vehicle/friends for help :(
I doubt they can get me a replacement, I will probably move to Vizio from Costco or 60" Sony.
Mar 7, 2011
70 posts
47 upvotes
Langley
AlbertIshnoo wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 2:46 pm
Had the TV for 6 days, then it died too :(
The TV is turning on (Blue LED bottom left, and using remote or buttons I am able to get sound and change inputs), but the picture is gone.

After checking multiple videos, it seems it's probably one of the boards that had an early failure.

Called customer service and they said I have to bring my TV to any The Source store.. Which is a pain since I need to plan for vehicle/friends for help :(
I doubt they can get me a replacement, I will probably move to Vizio from Costco or 60" Sony.
Tell customer service that the TV is too big to transport. They shipped me a new one and picked up the old one when mine came damaged in shipping.
Oct 5, 2002
431 posts
85 upvotes
Does anyone know the weight of the tv with or without the stand ? It's not listed on the web specs, and not listed in the instruction manual specs.
The full motion wall mounts that I've search for either hand 105 lbs or 115 lbs for about $100. The wall mounts jump up to about $150 for the 130 lb capacity ones.
Mar 7, 2011
70 posts
47 upvotes
Langley
gyozaman wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 12:15 am
Does anyone know the weight of the tv with or without the stand ? It's not listed on the web specs, and not listed in the instruction manual specs.
The full motion wall mounts that I've search for either hand 105 lbs or 115 lbs for about $100. The wall mounts jump up to about $150 for the 130 lb capacity ones.
70 lbs
Apr 30, 2017
5 posts
3 upvotes
I just got it last night. Overall I am happy with this purchase and hope this will last for a couple years! I originally had green dots on the screen but after switching HDMI cords- the green dots/outlines were gone.

The sound quality is definitely not so great, it is passable. But after a while u get use to the quality as well.