[The Source] Fluid 65” UHD LED TV $600

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2018 8:16 am
Jan 17, 2009
112 posts
34 upvotes
poroporo1 wrote:
Dec 20th, 2017 2:32 pm
No store returns for TVs over 55".... " Please contact Customer Care for return instructions and assistance with arranging pick up or shipping at your cost. "
Mine is being replaced and customer service is sending The new one to the store and told me to bring the old one back and they will process.

Maybe because it is a warranty exchange they allowing.
Jan 17, 2009
112 posts
34 upvotes
AlbertIshnoo wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 2:46 pm
Had the TV for 6 days, then it died too :(
The TV is turning on (Blue LED bottom left, and using remote or buttons I am able to get sound and change inputs), but the picture is gone.

After checking multiple videos, it seems it's probably one of the boards that had an early failure.

Called customer service and they said I have to bring my TV to any The Source store.. Which is a pain since I need to plan for vehicle/friends for help :(
I doubt they can get me a replacement, I will probably move to Vizio from Costco or 60" Sony.
Did you get a replacement? Even though not available online they are sending me a replacement for pickup. Had a different issue but they were very helpful.
Jun 25, 2012
56 posts
33 upvotes
Montreal
hydronaut wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 6:23 pm
Did you get a replacement? Even though not available online they are sending me a replacement for pickup. Had a different issue but they were very helpful.
Surprisingly, they also offered me a replacement that I would have to pick up later. Unfortunately employees at the store I went through were talking with friends and made me wait for a long time.
They could not give me an ETA for replacement.
I was hoping to get a good price on the Sony 60", but online price was the same as store price at Costco.
I finally decided to jump on the Vizio M65. Really not disappointed, the picture quality is way above the Fluid, mostly for blacks, which is awesome on evening movies.
I was happy with the Fluid and would have kept it if it did not fail, but decided instead of a late Christmas gift to me, from me :)
Jan 17, 2009
112 posts
34 upvotes
Looks like nobody at customer service knows when my TV will ship and just tell me somebody will call me. When I ask when I can expect a call back nobody seems to know. Hopefully they actually do have a replacement. I was told that they could refund the money but I let them know I am making a warranty claim not returning it.

As soon as they punch in my order number they put me on hold for about 5 minutes and come back on the line saying they don't have any more information at this time.
Mar 7, 2011
66 posts
43 upvotes
Langley
hydronaut wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 3:48 pm
Looks like nobody at customer service knows when my TV will ship and just tell me somebody will call me. When I ask when I can expect a call back nobody seems to know. Hopefully they actually do have a replacement. I was told that they could refund the money but I let them know I am making a warranty claim not returning it.

As soon as they punch in my order number they put me on hold for about 5 minutes and come back on the line saying they don't have any more information at this time.
PM'd you the customer service team managers contact number. They helped me with my exchange.
Jan 17, 2009
112 posts
34 upvotes
crompyb wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 4:58 pm
PM'd you the customer service team managers contact number. They helped me with my exchange.
Turns out she is away for the next four days. I am going to call again tomorrow and asked to speak to team lead/supervisor. They hinted that they they actually don't have any in stock and are trying to see what they can do since I do not want a refund. The only thing I can see them doing is subbing it with the Haier. The fluid was actually a native 120hz AUO panel and the Haier is only 60hz.
Oct 26, 2008
153 posts
83 upvotes
Whitby
chatbox wrote:
Dec 20th, 2017 12:30 pm
Nothing wrong with high expectation... It's with high expectations that the world is progressed forward. And I'm not a fan of disposable electronics...the next generation(s) will have to put up with this crap...it's not just us...it affects every one)
Well, I did have high expectations but I'm afraid like many others in this thread, I was let down. My TV has been randomly flickering, just the bottom 1/3 of th screen with a left right flicker like an electrical interuption or jolt for 1/2 of a second. I got the TV calibrated, and was very, very happy with the picture. But I am very concerned for the lifespan of the TV, and I have decided to return it and not take a chance of it getting worse or dying early.

I have requested TheSource come and pick it up as I incurred charges to pickup the TV and bring it home, i shouldn't have to incurr additional charges to return a defective tv. TheSource is currently asking her manager if she can arrange a pickup, as a special request.

Just for the record, I did have the unit passing through my receiver, which was modifying the picture and doing a terrible job (at least I blamed the receiver initially, now I am unsure ...) and used multiple HDMI cables, multiple HDMI inputs and 2 different sources. Bell 1080i Satellite and Roku 4K premiere+. Both sources do the exact same thing on multiple inputs.

I suppose I will cancel the Costco.ca pickup and I will keep my Vizio D series (currently unopened) and get the 3year additional warranty re-applied for a total of $1281.xx Taxes in, 5 years of warranty.

TheSource is currently asking her manager if she can arrange a pickup, as a special request.

EDIT: TheSource DENIED me additional assistance but offered me a $20 G/C mailed out. It's my problem to get the TV to the store, but she did call-ahead to the store to advise them, so as not to give me a hassle as their written policy clearly indicated TV's bigger than 55 do not go back to the store.

This time, I guess you could say I got what I paid for.... Disappointed But Relieved Face

I guess this is a learning experience,

[]-=SrZ=-[]
Aug 30, 2016
12 posts
4 upvotes
Looks like there is some quality control issue in this TV. But mine has been working since I got it. No issues. Only wish it has better speakers (I am using external computer speakers with it). I only watch 1080p shows, but that is all I need for now.
Oct 26, 2008
153 posts
83 upvotes
Whitby
dennyhj wrote:
Jan 15th, 2018 4:14 pm
Looks like there is some quality control issue in this TV. But mine has been working since I got it. No issues. Only wish it has better speakers (I am using external computer speakers with it). I only watch 1080p shows, but that is all I need for now.
Huge quality control issues. But It has an awesome picture (for this price range). It only has a 2-point white balance, but overall i was very happy. I setup my Vizio D65-E0 and was thoroughly frustrated immediately as I could see the interlacing especially in white text along the bottom. Terrible. I purchased a Vizio 50" Tv for my parents years ago and I swear by Vizio - perhaps I got a bad set, regardless BOTH TVs are going back.

if the FLUID was purchased at Costco - I would have kept it, knowing I had COSTCO standing behind it. I don't trust TheSource at all like i trust Costco.

Sigh... Still shopping for the KILLER deal....

[]-=SrZ=-[]
Jan 17, 2009
112 posts
34 upvotes
I managed to exchange and this one looks better. No burnt out pixel and gap between the bezel and screen. It's unfortunate that some have issues as it is a good panel.

Customer service is a nightmare. Nobody called me to even let me know the tv was waiting at the store. I called the store and nobody had any idea even why it was there. The guy actually said I am just a clerk here and do not know with no offer to ask the manager etc. Even then no offer to help me get it into the mall, a buddy and I had to find a back door to bring into the mall getting lost along the way.

In the end I had customer service all the store to explain what was going on and they still had no idea when I arrived. Quite the experience but happy with the new one.
Apr 19, 2008
3 posts
Toronto
Bringing back an old thread... But does anyone who bought this use a Harmony remote? Wondering what model number to use to get it to work.

Also, my menus look very different than the one you guys posted in some pictures. Can't figure out how to get to the service menu to shut off the splash screen.

Any help appreciated!
Mar 7, 2011
66 posts
43 upvotes
Langley
Try some LG codes for your harmony remote. I'm using a bluesky remote from Shaw and LG codes worked on that as well.
Apr 19, 2008
3 posts
Toronto
Thanks! I used the learning function to get the basics going, but I’ll try that if I ever need a bit more functionality.

Any tips on getting into the service menu?
Apr 19, 2008
3 posts
Toronto
Also, did anyone have any luck turning off the splash screen? I figured out how to get into the service menu, but it doesn’t seem to save the setting when I set it to off.