Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

Globe Wi-Fi Smart Bulbs (x2) and Smart Plug - $15

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2020 5:45 pm
[OP]
May 2, 2008
534 posts
804 upvotes
Toronto, Canada

[The Source] Globe Wi-Fi Smart Bulbs (x2) and Smart Plug - $15

The Source has a combo pack with two Globe Wi-Fi Smart Bulbs and a Smart Plug for $14.99 (+shipping or FS if you ship to store).
https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/p/108077006
Not sure if it's a good price.
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7826 posts
8512 upvotes
Vancouver
Yes, that's a good price. Previous best sale I've seen was 3 switches or 4 bulbs for $20 at Canadian Tire. But this is a very limited stock clearance sale, so good luck finding it.

I have one Globe bulb and one Globe switch. Both work fine. I use them with the Tuya Smart Life app rather than Globe's app for commonality with other devices.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
2526 posts
1156 upvotes
toronto
Scote64 wrote: Yes, that's a good price. Previous best sale I've seen was 3 switches or 4 bulbs for $20 at Canadian Tire. But this is a very limited stock clearance sale, so good luck finding it.

I have one Globe bulb and one Globe switch. Both work fine. I use them with the Tuya Smart Life app rather than Globe's app for commonality with other devices.
I know.. I've seen that only one time during black friday
Aug 22, 2007
161 posts
237 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah, I bought 6 bulbs when the 3 packs were on sale for about $30.

Overall I have mixed feelings about them.

They're cheap and they work, but their white light quality is noticeably poor. I took them out of my bathroom because everything just looked off compared to the non smart philips leds that were their before. I suspect their CRI is really low and they're not emitting close to a full spectrum.

On the flip side, I left them in my bedroom where I have more natural light, a couple of other smart fixtures and more lamp shades and colours that make the poor quality from the bulbs much less noticeable, and do enjoy the dimming and RGB aspects of controlling them and setting different scenes.

Back on the down side, the lack of integration with a hub really limits the automation potential of these, and the Globe app is pretty terrible, I never could get time based schedules to work properly. Though to their credit they are noticeably updating and improving it.

In some situations I'd give them like 5/5 because they're cheap, easy, and work well at what they do, in others, like my bathroom I'd give them 0 because I'd rather have good light quality over smart features.
Aug 5, 2019
142 posts
109 upvotes
Penguin Warlord wrote: Back on the down side, the lack of integration with a hub really limits the automation potential of these, and the Globe app is pretty terrible, I never could get time based schedules to work properly. Though to their credit they are noticeably updating and improving it.
I use the smart Life app with my globe bulbs and smart plugs. It works well. Schedules work as they should.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
7826 posts
8512 upvotes
Vancouver
Penguin Warlord wrote: Back on the down side, the lack of integration with a hub really limits the automation potential of these
Not really. Smart Life compatible devices work with most home automation systems, such as Google Home, Alexa, or IFTTT. I use mine with my Home Assistant hub. I'm sure they're compatible with others like SmartThings and Hubitat.

With brands like Phillips Hue, the purpose of the proprietary hub is mostly as a hardware interface for Zigbee or Z-Wave communications (Zigbee in the case of Phillips). There may be some rudimentary automation features built into the hub, but if you get much into automation you will probably want to add a more capable general-purpose hub.