• Apr 21st, 2019 10:33 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
6910 posts
6076 upvotes
Way Out of GTA

[The Source] Hisense 65” TV for $499 H7608

For bros that want a 65” tv, here’s one for $499.

Ship to store to save delivery charge.

Add PSP for potential savings (not sure).... No eco fee on this stuff.

Cash is just flying back into my pockets right now.

Bro this thing up.

https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/tvs--and ... /108075795
15 replies
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1446 posts
1521 upvotes
Halifax
I have the 65" from Costco. Paid 599 which was a great price. Great TV for the price and IMHO nothing comes close to it in value....in that price range.

Mine is the R6107 series, so I can't speak exactly for this model, but I am assuming the panel and backlight is the same. The only negative I have found is that the Full Array LED Backlight shows a 'light border' around perimeter of screen. If you watch white screens (ie hockey) it may bother you, but it never bothers me.

At 499, I think it's a no brainer for that price range.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
12032 posts
1529 upvotes
Kanata
How are the viewing angles for this? I have an older Hisense that is amazing for viewing angles, it truly has 170 degree horizontal. Bought a Sharp that claimed to have this but nowhere near the quality of the Hisense.

Thanks!
Mar 13, 2005
594 posts
189 upvotes
Will the built in Netflix app do 4K? Seriously considering this to replace an old 720p plasma. :)
Jul 17, 2007
264 posts
289 upvotes
Montreal
Sweet deal, no brainer
THE HARDEST THING ABOUT SALES,IS KNOWING WHERE NOT TO WASTE TIME
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1446 posts
1521 upvotes
Halifax
goofball wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 7:33 am
How are the viewing angles for this? I have an older Hisense that is amazing for viewing angles, it truly has 170 degree horizontal. Bought a Sharp that claimed to have this but nowhere near the quality of the Hisense.

Thanks!
Dunno when you bought your sharp, but it could have easily been made by Hisense as they have the license for it. Again, my model is slightly different but I would guess it's due to mine being thr Roku version. I am assuming the hardware is the same. Viewing angles on mine are awesome.
MikeyP wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 7:46 am
Will the built in Netflix app do 4K? Seriously considering this to replace an old 720p plasma. :)
See above, that my version is slightly different, but in general Netflix 4k will play on 4k devices. It does on mine no problem as well. It also recognizes HDR and an onscreen display shows up whenever a program has it. This TV recognizes HDR and it might have a slight improvement in quality but it's missing a lot of things like local dimming and wide gamut that make HDR more significant.

For replacing a plasma, I think it's a good choice. The problem with a lot of older LCD and LED tvs was that their blacks were not very, and the colour was washed out, and the screen not too bright and refresh was bad. This TV is bright and I think would be a great replacement for a 720p plasma and you will save some on your electric bill

Anyways, again, my opinion is based on the R6107. I believe it's probably very close, but I will stop commenting on it as it may be different. Hopefully an owner of the H7608 can chime in.
Mar 13, 2005
594 posts
189 upvotes
Had it in my cart and went OOS by the time I was at the payment page. :(
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
12032 posts
1529 upvotes
Kanata
tdracer wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 7:56 am
Dunno when you bought your sharp, but it could have easily been made by Hisense as they have the license for it. Again, my model is slightly different but I would guess it's due to mine being thr Roku version. I am assuming the hardware is the same. Viewing angles on mine are awesome.
Thanks. I bought the Sharp on Black Friday 2018, so it is pretty recent.
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
17192 posts
490 upvotes
I hope tvs with HDMI 2.1 start to come out around this price around Christmas. Wishful thinking I know but still, would be great.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
6607 posts
2629 upvotes

I was at the "Sufferin" Mall. Saw a couple buy the 65" above. Store rep said it was the last one in the province. He took like hundreds of calls asking for the 65" b/c it was the only store with availability on their website.

FYI... They actually have in store clearance on most of their tvs. Samsung, hisense, etc. Prices online do not reflect actual sale prices in store. (For example, the 55" Hisense is actually $399 in store, but there's still at $549 regular price online)
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2562 posts
486 upvotes
Toronto
One difference between the model at the Source and Costco seems to be Roku