Expired Hot Deals

[The Source] Hisense H7608 55” 4K LED Smart TV - Refurbished 299.99 / Scratch & Dent 329.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2019 12:51 pm
Jun 19, 2018
19 posts
4 upvotes
Thanks OP. Picked one up for my parents who don't need top quality and like a deal.
Jun 19, 2018
19 posts
4 upvotes
Just checked and scratch and dent is still available.
Jan 23, 2009
207 posts
83 upvotes
Well, I bit, then cancelled, then saw the $25 code this morning and bit on the scratch and dent (refurb sold out) for $372 all in. I was wanting to replace my main tv (Panasonic 50" plasma) but I want to "go big or go home" and just cant seem to find what I want for under 3k so the other part of that plan was to move the plasma to the dude grotto to didtch the Haier in there that treats all shades below "dark grey" as pitch black no matter what I do. This doesn't solve the new great tv issue but it does solve the "man cave slash my garage and a lazyboy chair" tv situation. Im hoping it is good for gaming and streaming and Ill wait for 75" tvs to become the new 55" as far as pricing goes, or neural jacks, whichever comes first.

Thanks OP and coupon code OP
Deal Addict
May 19, 2004
1713 posts
233 upvotes
Edmonton
damn refurb sold out
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
46863 posts
4866 upvotes
Toronto
digidon wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 3:47 pm
Well, I bit, then cancelled, then saw the $25 code this morning and bit on the scratch and dent (refurb sold out) for $372 all in. I was wanting to replace my main tv (Panasonic 50" plasma) but I want to "go big or go home" and just cant seem to find what I want for under 3k so the other part of that plan was to move the plasma to the dude grotto to didtch the Haier in there that treats all shades below "dark grey" as pitch black no matter what I do. This doesn't solve the new great tv issue but it does solve the "man cave slash my garage and a lazyboy chair" tv situation. Im hoping it is good for gaming and streaming and Ill wait for 75" tvs to become the new 55" as far as pricing goes, or neural jacks, whichever comes first.

Thanks OP and coupon code OP
Did you not see the LG OLED B8 65" for $2000 deal?
Jan 23, 2009
207 posts
83 upvotes
Jimboski wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 4:07 pm
Did you not see the LG OLED B8 65" for $2000 deal?
Ha, just read it! (see there for deets) but TLDR we decided to save up for a 75" but needed something to replace the old HAIERRERRR tv because it is useless for anything with dark scenes in it. This gives us some breathing room, beleive it or not the Panasonic Plasma we have still looks great, its just small in the rec room we moved it to when the den became my sons room.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
46863 posts
4866 upvotes
Toronto
digidon wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 4:10 pm
Ha, just read it! (see there for deets) but TLDR we decided to save up for a 75" but needed something to replace the old HAIERRERRR tv because it is useless for anything with dark scenes in it. This gives us some breathing room, beleive it or not the Panasonic Plasma we have still looks great, its just small in the rec room we moved it to when the den became my sons room.
Lol so much back and forth, you went to read my message in the other thread, i went there to read your post, now you responded to me here, and now i'm here responding to you..
Mar 27, 2005
327 posts
17 upvotes
Bought a scratch and dent from them earlier this year. It was the Hisense 55" 4k. Had a bright 2" spot near the middle of the screen which is apparently due to uneven LCD panel manufacturing. Hisense refused to do anything because it is S&D. Returned it to the source. Just a word of caution
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2004
3511 posts
2165 upvotes
digidon wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 4:10 pm
To this day, other than LG OLED panels, nothing beats the black level on plasma screens.
Dec 20, 2003
120 posts
10 upvotes
Bought a couple of S&D TV's from Source.....both went back. I guess there might be a reason some are Scratch & Dent Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
You gotta Pay to Play!!! :D
Dec 25, 2010
108 posts
21 upvotes
Thanks--pulled the trigger on the scratch and dent. I am going to test out the panel in-store so I can return it then and there instead of hauling it back and forth. Any scratch/marks on the screen renders the panel unusable, so I find it pretty disingenuous for them to sell it with the a 2" bright spot as in @jochooi 's post.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10605 posts
10674 upvotes
8 scratch and dents TVs from 2018.

All good. No problem.

Thank the deal gods.