Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Source

Hisense H7608 55” 4K LED Smart TV - Refurbished 299.99 / Scratch & Dent 329.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2019 12:51 pm
May 2, 2008
592 posts
894 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
Did anyone get theirs shipped ? I ordered the S&D one, still shows "In process"
Aug 23, 2014
210 posts
87 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
xoy74 wrote: Did anyone get theirs shipped ? I ordered the S&D one, still shows "In process"
Same here.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1577 posts
4030 upvotes
Weighing in my experience with purchasing a TV with similar characteristics (scratch dent / refurbished) from The Source - the TV worked for approximately two weeks and then began having severe visual distortions.

I was outside of the return period but within the warranty period, so I sent it in for warranty repairs. After two months of hearing nothing and The Source literally not returning my phone calls, I had enough and contacted my credit card company to do a chargeback. The Source did not respond to my credit card company either and so the case was won in my favor and I received my money back.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
7220 posts
5993 upvotes
One of those 55" 4K TV's is probably one that I sent in for repair. There's a design flaw where the optical output is stereo only. We took the TV in for repair (the firmware was up to date and there was no fix available) - we are using it in a spare room with an older Marantz 5.1 receiver with no HDMI input/output, that's way too good to retire, with the optical output of the TV feeding the receiver.
It seems the Source lost the TV somewhere between the store, their warehouse in Barrie ON and the repair facility.
After a making us wait a few weeks - while they tried to find the TV - they gave up and gave us a new one.
BTW I paid $325 with EPP for a BNIB last year.
The replacement TV had a FIFA World Cup splash screen on boot - downloaded a software update and the FIFA logo was gone.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
itemsale2003 wrote: Does this have Google play so we can install apps
Get a good box - TV installed apps never work well.
Oct 19, 2010
452 posts
577 upvotes
Toronto
i got the 43" 4k one for 200$ as an impulse buy... too small for me, anyone want it at cost before i return it? in the markham area

edit:sold
Last edited by vincent142 on Aug 12th, 2019 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 9, 2017
102 posts
95 upvotes
vincent142 wrote: i got the 43" 4k one for 200$ as an impulse buy... too small for me, anyone want it at cost before i return it? in the markham area
Didn't see the link for the 43" one, is it possible to use it as a dual-purpose monitor/tv? 4:4:4?

It'll be cheaper than my 43" TCL that I got on prime day
Oct 19, 2010
452 posts
577 upvotes
Toronto
brokeuniversitystudent wrote: Didn't see the link for the 43" one, is it possible to use it as a dual-purpose monitor/tv? 4:4:4?

It'll be cheaper than my 43" TCL that I got on prime day

no clue...
Nov 19, 2012
505 posts
370 upvotes
Picked up my $275 55” today. Packaging was just like new. So far working great!! Thanks OP!!
Sep 27, 2017
210 posts
491 upvotes
Got my 50 inch and its perfect except no power cable lol, luckily its a generic one and I had a spare.
Jan 23, 2009
645 posts
588 upvotes
VI
Went to pick mine up, looked flawless in the store, not a mark on it. Packed it back up and went home, set it all up annnnd it's total garbage. Obviously a customer return as it was still set up from them (not reset) still had custom settings, input labels, apps still signed in and wifi info. Also a SUPER OBVIOUS SCREEN FLAW that shows they took a return and just sold it again without checking it. I linked pictures but they don't do it justice, you can see it from 20 feet away, looks like maybe the anti reflective layer (if I had to guess) has peeled off and wrinkled, I dont think its bonded on the layer below it at all as the whole screen was fuzzy like looking through pantyhose like an old soap opera. I knew it might be faulty, or have a scratch, or a dent and was fully prepared to return it for a likely flaw but this is so bloody obvious that im kinda pissed. Ah well.

May 2, 2008
592 posts
894 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
I picked up mine (55") on Tuesday and set it up yesterday. I can't find absolutely anything wrong with it. The box was kinda dirty, but who cares. Don't know if it was never set up or it was factory reset, but it did start with the setup wizard.
Overall very pleased.
May 2, 2008
592 posts
894 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
Just stopped by TheSource store at Yonge/Eglinton. They have the 55" on sale for $399. Online still shows $549.99
Not bad for someone who prefers brand new rather than S&D